Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   IV Agenda and Legislative Updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/)
-   -   Contact - Senators, Congressman and President for regarding unprecedented move by DOS (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/6061-contact-senators-congressman-and-president-for-regarding-unprecedented-move-by-dos.html)

test101 07-05-2007 02:44 PM

Call Specter office

I just Spoke to sentor Specter office: 202-224-4254. They were very supportive. I spoke about the revised Visa bulltien and the effect of losing nurses. They were very sympathatic . I added i know how the sentor support immigration.

Please do call the office.. tell them about what is going on and thank them for supporting immigration in general.
they actually asked for my name ...

WeShallOvercome 07-05-2007 02:52 PM

Good job pcs !!

I'll take my family to the congressman's office and the documents that you suggested. We can not sit quiet now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcs
I met the local office of my Congressman with the following documents to make it easy & simple..

A copy of the Congresswoman Lofgren's letter written to USCIS etc ( download it from IV homepage )

A copy of Today ( July 5th ) Wall Street Journal . This issue has story about this fiasco.

Downloaded news flash from Murthy.com regarding Visa bulletins of 13th June & the screwup bulletin on 2nd July

Above was good enough to convince them regarding the mess & they promised action on their part..

IMPORTANT... I clarified that IT IS A PROCEDURAL ISSUE WITH USCIS

NOT AN IMMIGRATION ISSUE WHERE CONGRESS HAS TO TAKE ACTION

This really made them very comfortable as she said, we keep writing to concerned offices about procedural matters.

I told them that they should ask USCIS to " RECEIVE" aour applications to minimize our finanacial loss and other headache of refiling at a later date

Please note, it is real easy to meet the Congressman as they have local offices may be one mile away from your office or home.

Small towns like mine are great for this effort as compared to big towns. I encourage all of you particularly living in small towns to make this small move, which I am sure can resolve our issue & we will save all the $$$ in refiling & avoid further agony

Since your butt is on fire like mine.... I do not think I need to convince you to act on this

Best wishes

RandyK 07-05-2007 02:54 PM

Real good letter, I used it and sent it to two Ohio senators

:d

pcs 07-05-2007 02:59 PM

Great.. I can email scanned copy of WSJ news to anyone

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeShallOvercome
Good job pcs !!

I'll take my family to the congressman's office and the documents that you suggested. We can not sit quiet now!

Just please let me know. WSJ news article & Congresswoman's letter adds a lot of muscle in your argument when you meet them

Some can use following letter to email / fax.............................

Hi ,

This is not a regular mail.. I on behalf of many others need the support of honest media persons like you, else our faith in American media will be gone for good....

pl. read on...

Illegal action by USCIS causes $ 300 million loss in a single day to Legal & Skilled Immigrants ( Doctors, Engineers & Scientists ) not counting the hardships.

Skilled immigrants like Doctors, Engineers & Scientists have been paying all the taxes, following all the laws of the land and have been stuck in huge wait period of 3- 7 years to obtain green card.

On 13th of June 07, USCIS announced that all these people stuck for years can apply for the green card starting 2nd July 07. Everyone spent 2 weeks & $3000 per person at the minimum towards Attorney fees, medical tests & other unsalvageable direct costs prepared the application and started to send it to USCIS starting 2nd July 07.

In an unusual act of absolute disregard to the hardships and financial loss of these applicants, USCIS announced on the morning of 2nd July 07 that they will not accept any application for green card.

A COMPLETE REVERSAL OF THEIR EARLIER PLOICY ON THE VERY 1st DAY OF THE WINDOW ANNOUNCED BY THEMSELVES.

If nobody takes an action to support law abiding legal immigrants at this time, everyone talking about supporting the laws of the land on immigration issue needs to look into his / her own eyes in the mirror.

What we demand …. Talk to USCIS & encourage them to ATLEAST accept the applications sent by these innocent Skilled Immigrants so that they do not suffer at least the financial loss. USCIS can take their own time to award the green card at a later date

ARE WE ASKING FOR TOO MUCH ???????????????????

amitjoey 07-05-2007 03:13 PM

You can use this letter too....

The following write-up appears here courtesy of ChanduV23, one of our members. This has been edited for content and messaging:

Thank you ChanduV23

- On behalf of the Core IV Team

I am a highly-skilled professional who entered this country legally. I’ve been waiting for my US permanent resident visa -also known as "Green Card" for the past several years along with 500,000 other educated, highly skilled employment based (EB) immigrants. Many of us have been waiting for our turn to get Green Cards for 5-10 years while consistently abiding by all the laws of this country. Such long delays are due to tortuous and confusing paper work, backlogs due to various quotas and processing delays at US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) and other allied state and federal agencies.

Several categories of EB immigrant visa (Green Card) numbers have been unavailable (“retrogressed”) since the fall of 2005. Because our immigrant petitions are tied to the sponsoring employer, these delays have led to indentured servitude for several of us. Our professional prospects, job mobility and potential opportunities for entrepreneurship have been compromised.

For the past several decades, the US Department of State (DOS) has been publishing advisories known as visa bulletins once a month to announce the availability of immigrant visa numbers. On June 13, 2007, after a gap of nearly two years, DOS announced that all EB visa numbers would be “current” for the month of July. This meant, irrespective of our “priority date” (date assigned to us for our turn in the line for Green Cards), all of us were made eligible to apply for some interim immigration benefits. This “priority date” refers to the date when our labor certification (documentation verifying no US citizen worker was available for a given job) had been filed.

Please note that 6/13 DOS announcement would not have led to immediate green card for most of us; but at least it would have ensured us interim benefits such as the right to travel and right to work- this was still a welcome change. Especially, for dependent spouses who have been otherwise unable to work, this would have translated into right to travel and work without restriction and thus channel their energies positively. TSeveral dependent spouses are also highly-skilled. This would provide them an opportunity to realize their technical and entrepreneurial expression and add to tax dollars. Additionally, this would have greatly reduced the paperwork burden on our sponsoring US employers.

Tens of thousands of applicants spent thousands of dollars in legal fees, immigration medical exams & vaccinations & getting various supporting documents ready to file our immigrant petitions to USCIS, at times inconveniencing our old parents in our home countries as well. It has been an agonizing two weeks for us. Some of us to had to fly in our spouses from our home countries or have had to cut short business trips. To our shock and dismay, on the morning of July 2nd 2007, USCIS announced that EB visa numbers were not available and all petitions filed in July would be rejected.

For the legal skilled immigrants this has been a rather traumatizing and disheartening experience.

We sincerely seek immediate congressional/ legislative remedial measures which would
(1)Reduce the enormous backlogs of green card petitions of legal skilled immigrants
(2)Ensure and request USCIS not to reject our immigrant visa petitions filed in July and provide us interim benefits of a pending immigrant visa petition. We make this sincere request on this Independence Day with the hope that people who played by the rules will be rewarded.

TomPlate 07-05-2007 03:14 PM

All can file I-485 now. please go through this link.

http://www.murthy.com

eb3_nepa 07-05-2007 03:28 PM

Sen Bob Casey

Called up Sen Casey's office and I was told that in the local office they cant do much about a mass enquiry but he volunteered to do it on a personal basis for my case in particular.

test101 07-05-2007 03:35 PM

great :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by eb3_nepa
Called up Sen Casey's office and I was told that in the local office they cant do much about a mass enquiry but he volunteered to do it on a personal basis for my case in particular.

awsome.. that's a good news....good luck

eb3_nepa 07-05-2007 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by test101
awsome.. that's a good news....good luck

Not really, without a mass enquiry, it is useless. USCIS will simply return my package and then will have NO reference to go by. I was actually pushing quite hard for a Bigger enquiry.

test101 07-05-2007 03:50 PM

post the number and will call

Quote:

Originally Posted by eb3_nepa
Not really, without a mass enquiry, it is useless. USCIS will simply return my package and then will have NO reference to go by. I was actually pushing quite hard for a Bigger enquiry.

post the phone number and what you actually told them, and i will call...
been calling senators all day.

BharatPremi 07-05-2007 03:57 PM

Petition On line - by www.immigration.com

Guys,

Please Pound on this as well.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/485

- BharatPRemi

blackberry 07-05-2007 04:03 PM

GA senators

Sent email to GA senators.

http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...m.cfm?State=GA

--