Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute
Default You can use this letter too....

The following write-up appears here courtesy of ChanduV23, one of our members. This has been edited for content and messaging:

Thank you ChanduV23

- On behalf of the Core IV Team

I am a highly-skilled professional who entered this country legally. I’ve been waiting for my US permanent resident visa -also known as "Green Card" for the past several years along with 500,000 other educated, highly skilled employment based (EB) immigrants. Many of us have been waiting for our turn to get Green Cards for 5-10 years while consistently abiding by all the laws of this country. Such long delays are due to tortuous and confusing paper work, backlogs due to various quotas and processing delays at US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) and other allied state and federal agencies.

Several categories of EB immigrant visa (Green Card) numbers have been unavailable (“retrogressed”) since the fall of 2005. Because our immigrant petitions are tied to the sponsoring employer, these delays have led to indentured servitude for several of us. Our professional prospects, job mobility and potential opportunities for entrepreneurship have been compromised.

For the past several decades, the US Department of State (DOS) has been publishing advisories known as visa bulletins once a month to announce the availability of immigrant visa numbers. On June 13, 2007, after a gap of nearly two years, DOS announced that all EB visa numbers would be “current” for the month of July. This meant, irrespective of our “priority date” (date assigned to us for our turn in the line for Green Cards), all of us were made eligible to apply for some interim immigration benefits. This “priority date” refers to the date when our labor certification (documentation verifying no US citizen worker was available for a given job) had been filed.

Please note that 6/13 DOS announcement would not have led to immediate green card for most of us; but at least it would have ensured us interim benefits such as the right to travel and right to work- this was still a welcome change. Especially, for dependent spouses who have been otherwise unable to work, this would have translated into right to travel and work without restriction and thus channel their energies positively. TSeveral dependent spouses are also highly-skilled. This would provide them an opportunity to realize their technical and entrepreneurial expression and add to tax dollars. Additionally, this would have greatly reduced the paperwork burden on our sponsoring US employers.

Tens of thousands of applicants spent thousands of dollars in legal fees, immigration medical exams & vaccinations & getting various supporting documents ready to file our immigrant petitions to USCIS, at times inconveniencing our old parents in our home countries as well. It has been an agonizing two weeks for us. Some of us to had to fly in our spouses from our home countries or have had to cut short business trips. To our shock and dismay, on the morning of July 2nd 2007, USCIS announced that EB visa numbers were not available and all petitions filed in July would be rejected.

For the legal skilled immigrants this has been a rather traumatizing and disheartening experience.

We sincerely seek immediate congressional/ legislative remedial measures which would
(1)Reduce the enormous backlogs of green card petitions of legal skilled immigrants
(2)Ensure and request USCIS not to reject our immigrant visa petitions filed in July and provide us interim benefits of a pending immigrant visa petition. We make this sincere request on this Independence Day with the hope that people who played by the rules will be rewarded.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2007, 03:14 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
TomPlate is infamous around these parts TomPlate is infamous around these parts TomPlate is infamous around these parts TomPlate is infamous around these parts TomPlate is infamous around these parts TomPlate is infamous around these parts TomPlate is infamous around these parts

All can file I-485 now. please go through this link.

http://www.murthy.com

Old 07-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sen Bob Casey

Called up Sen Casey's office and I was told that in the local office they cant do much about a mass enquiry but he volunteered to do it on a personal basis for my case in particular.

Old 07-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
test101 will become famous soon enough
Default great :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3_nepa
Called up Sen Casey's office and I was told that in the local office they cant do much about a mass enquiry but he volunteered to do it on a personal basis for my case in particular.
awsome.. that's a good news....good luck

Old 07-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by test101
awsome.. that's a good news....good luck
Not really, without a mass enquiry, it is useless. USCIS will simply return my package and then will have NO reference to go by. I was actually pushing quite hard for a Bigger enquiry.

Old 07-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default post the number and will call

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3_nepa
Not really, without a mass enquiry, it is useless. USCIS will simply return my package and then will have NO reference to go by. I was actually pushing quite hard for a Bigger enquiry.
post the phone number and what you actually told them, and i will call...
been calling senators all day.

Old 07-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Petition On line - by www.immigration.com

Guys,

Please Pound on this as well.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/485

- BharatPRemi

Old 07-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2008
Compare
blackberry will become famous soon enough
Default GA senators

Sent email to GA senators.

http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...m.cfm?State=GA

--
BB

Old 07-05-2007, 04:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Wonderful !!!!!!

Keep it up !!!!!!!!

Old 07-05-2007, 04:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by khodalmd
I just spoke with an Immigration Representative of my Senator. She knows me as I met her last year with my employer for my other issue.

She just informed me that we are (Not only we but whole Congress) shocked with un-precedent action of DOS/USCIS for July VB. Senator's Washington DC office is working on this issue including immediate legislative relief to Employment Based immigration. She is well aware of whole drama of July VB. I am going to call Washington DC Office as well.

I encourage every one call to their Senator and HR and speak with Immigration Representative. I think first time media and lawmakers have acknowledged the problem of Employment Based Immigration.

Call make much impact than the email/fax
I agree.. FIrst calling them and then faxing immediately would have their attention quickly and at least generate the awareness promptly.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
saimrathi is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Very good news.. Keep it up.. I have done my share of calling/writing to the Representatives...

Quote:
I just spoke with an Immigration Representative of my Senator. She knows me as I met her last year with my employer for my other issue.

She just informed me that we are (Not only we but whole Congress) shocked with un-precedent action of DOS/USCIS for July VB. Senator's Washington DC office is working on this issue including immediate legislative relief to Employment Based immigration. She is well aware of whole drama of July VB. I am going to call Washington DC Office as well.

I encourage every one call to their Senator and HR and speak with Immigration Representative. I think first time media and lawmakers have acknowledged the problem of Employment Based Immigration.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about
Default who are your senators?

Quote:

Can you tell me who are your senators?

Old 07-05-2007, 04:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about
Default I called my congressman

I called my congressmans office and made them aware of the issue. He is Gary Miller 42nd district of CA.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:

Can this be in head thread. So peole start organize and call based on this information.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
Default Sign the petition - Please

Guys,

Please Pound on this as well.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/485

- BharatPRemi