Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   IV Agenda and Legislative Updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/)
-   -   Contact - Senators, Congressman and President for regarding unprecedented move by DOS (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/6061-contact-senators-congressman-and-president-for-regarding-unprecedented-move-by-dos.html)

BharatPremi 07-05-2007 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khodalmd
I just spoke with an Immigration Representative of my Senator. She knows me as I met her last year with my employer for my other issue.

She just informed me that we are (Not only we but whole Congress) shocked with un-precedent action of DOS/USCIS for July VB. Senator's Washington DC office is working on this issue including immediate legislative relief to Employment Based immigration. She is well aware of whole drama of July VB. I am going to call Washington DC Office as well.

I encourage every one call to their Senator and HR and speak with Immigration Representative. I think first time media and lawmakers have acknowledged the problem of Employment Based Immigration.

Call make much impact than the email/fax

I agree.. FIrst calling them and then faxing immediately would have their attention quickly and at least generate the awareness promptly.

saimrathi 07-05-2007 05:14 PM

Very good news.. Keep it up.. I have done my share of calling/writing to the Representatives...

Quote:

I just spoke with an Immigration Representative of my Senator. She knows me as I met her last year with my employer for my other issue.

She just informed me that we are (Not only we but whole Congress) shocked with un-precedent action of DOS/USCIS for July VB. Senator's Washington DC office is working on this issue including immediate legislative relief to Employment Based immigration. She is well aware of whole drama of July VB. I am going to call Washington DC Office as well.

I encourage every one call to their Senator and HR and speak with Immigration Representative. I think first time media and lawmakers have acknowledged the problem of Employment Based Immigration.

satishku_2000 07-05-2007 05:15 PM

who are your senators?

Quote:

Can you tell me who are your senators?

satishku_2000 07-05-2007 05:16 PM

I called my congressman

I called my congressmans office and made them aware of the issue. He is Gary Miller 42nd district of CA.

test101 07-05-2007 05:19 PM

Quote:

Can this be in head thread. So peole start organize and call based on this information.

BharatPremi 07-05-2007 05:24 PM

Sign the petition - Please

Guys,

Please Pound on this as well.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/485

- BharatPRemi

satishku_2000 07-05-2007 05:25 PM

you in CA

BharatPremin you in CA?

pcs 07-05-2007 05:40 PM

call & meet //////

Guys meet your Congressman !!!

test101 07-05-2007 05:45 PM

Call cantwell

Cantwell office is responding. They are talked to me and actually taking care of personal cases and majority casses. Phone number: (202) 224-3441.
They transfered me to a voice mail that Olia black where she care of these issues.

Call people.

ramus 07-05-2007 05:48 PM

Please put more details as you call.

Quote:

Originally Posted by test101
Cantwell office is responding. They are talked to me and actually taking care of personal cases and majority casses. Phone number: (202) 224-3441.
They transfered me to a voice mail that Olia black where she care of these issues.

Call people.

test101 07-05-2007 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramus
Please put more details as you call.

Regarding Cantwell:

The represintitve said they recieved couple of calls. I explained my view and how as an RN i'm effected by this. The office said that sentor Cantwell has not issue a statement. I spoke of USCIS, financail and emotional loss. I did say that hunder of thousands are effected and according to WSJ million of dollars has been lost.
The representitve seems intrested. She transferred me to Olia black voice mail that seems to be taking care of this issue and i left a message for with my contact information.

More people need to call and get thier stories through. After all Cantwell was supportive of skilled workers. So far senators office are responding with interest to personal stories and the effect of the USCIS VB.

is that good enough :D... any other detail needed?

satishku_2000 07-05-2007 06:04 PM

Just finished call with NYtimes

I just finished my call with Julia Preston of Nytimes ..I am so happy and did my part :)

checklaw 07-05-2007 06:05 PM

Is it difficult to setup WebFaxes as in the past?

Curious.

test101 07-05-2007 06:08 PM

Please no web faxes.. if you want to do anythin fax you personal story.
personal stories and simple words are making effect more than standered fax.

BharatPremi 07-05-2007 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satishku_2000
BharatPremin you in CA?

No... Why?