Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   IV Agenda and Legislative Updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/)
-   -   Contact - Senators, Congressman and President for regarding unprecedented move by DOS (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/6061-contact-senators-congressman-and-president-for-regarding-unprecedented-move-by-dos.html)

akkakarla 07-05-2007 06:22 PM

Spoke to Congresswoman in CA

Spoke to Congresswoman Office personnel in CA . Congresswoman Eshoo office staff and Congresswoman Lofgren office staff. Going to contact Senator Clinton. I had contributed towards her Presidential Campaign.

Going to meet Congress Congresswoman Eshoo staff next week.

satishku_2000 07-05-2007 07:05 PM

can you please tell me

Quote:

Originally Posted by BharatPremi
No... Why?

Can you please tell me the senators office you called so that I can call them too ..:) more calls the better

jonty_11 07-05-2007 07:06 PM

called CA senators, as I am outa state they said they are not entertaining outa state calls at this point...huh!!
They only do this when call volume is high....Does this mean at least CAlif guys are calling..

Go IV go@@

logiclife 07-05-2007 07:07 PM

Well

Quote:

Originally Posted by akkakarla
Spoke to Congresswoman Office personnel in CA . Congresswoman Eshoo office staff and Congresswoman Lofgren office staff. Going to contact Senator Clinton. I had contributed towards her Presidential Campaign.

Do you have your 485 approved ? If not, you are not supposed to contribute to any political campaigns. You have to be a GC holder or citizen to contribute to political campaigns. Its illegal otherwise.

amitjoey 07-05-2007 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satishku_2000
Can you please tell me the senators office you called so that I can call them too ..:) more calls the better

CALL your state senators. State senators are interested in listening from people who reside in their respective states, Cause they technically represent them. So they want to hear what affects their constituents.
Call your state senators first, then call your house reps, (remember logfren is a house rep) and then the others.

amitjoey 07-05-2007 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonty_11
called CA senators, as I am outa state they said they are not entertaining outa state calls at this point...huh!!
They only do this when call volume is high....Does this mean at least CAlif guys are calling..

Go IV go@@

Call your state senators, it is effective that way.

satishku_2000 07-05-2007 07:09 PM

if you dont know

Quote:

Originally Posted by akkakarla

If you are not aware of campaign finance laws , get in touch with them and make em aware of the mistake you made and you should get your check back if you are not a citizen or PR.

satishku_2000 07-05-2007 07:10 PM

I did already

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitjoey
CALL your state senators. State senators are interested in listening from people who reside in their respective states, Cause they technically represent them. So they want to hear what affects their constituents.
Call your state senators first, then call your house reps, (remember logfren is a house rep) and then the others.

I did that already ...:)

jonty_11 07-05-2007 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitjoey
Call your state senators, it is effective that way.

already done that

amitjoey 07-05-2007 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonty_11
already done that

Ok, I guess then you could call other senators.

BharatPremi 07-05-2007 07:18 PM

Quote:

In which state you are? Did you call your senators , if yes please put the name of state and senators name here..so I can match with my list and tell you that whether I called them or not.

satishku_2000 07-05-2007 07:21 PM

Ca

Quote:

Originally Posted by BharatPremi
In which state you are? Did you call your senators , if yes please put the name of state and senators name here..so I can match with my list and tell you that whether I called them or not.

Boxer , Feinstein senators of CA , I called Lofgren , Gary miller (R) 42nd district of CA and Just spoke with NYtimes reporter on the follow up story ...:)

BharatPremi 07-05-2007 07:22 PM

Quote:

I called my congressmans office and made them aware of the issue. He is Gary Miller 42nd district of CA.

O.K. I got your senator and your state. That is good. I have also played my part and have done that infact yesterday. Thanks. In the process I also learned that , Calling to out of state senators would not be entertained..

As lon as we are playing parts at our state level... that's good enough

BharatPremi 07-05-2007 07:26 PM

Quote:

Boxer , Feinstein senators of CA , I called Lofgren , Gary miller (R) 42nd district of CA and Just spoke with NYtimes reporter on the follow up story ...:)

I already done that yesterday evening: Today I talked to both offices. Yesterday I just sent web form (E-Mail)... I could not speak to senators personally as both were unavailable but I spoke to their office staff and both have listened me and have guranteed to make sure this reaches to senator's eyes and ears.

http://cornyn.senate.gov/
http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...m.cfm?State=TX

akkakarla 07-05-2007 07:32 PM

Hello Logiclife

Quote:

Originally Posted by logiclife
Do you have your 485 approved ? If not, you are not supposed to contribute to any political campaigns. You have to be a GC holder or citizen to contribute to political campaigns. Its illegal otherwise.

Well, I don't know what is happening with my I485. I took my Infopass appointment early morning 7.15 AM on July 2nd. My Priority date became current(PD-11/08/2004). I was quite happy that it became current. Our applications are with San Jose Local Office. We completed our interview on October 2005. At the time of our interview our priority date is not current and no visa number available. The IO said that whenever our PD becomes current they will approve our case and send the mail in card. We moved to San Jose and our case files are transferred from South Portland Maine to San Jose.

Long story short, we went to San Jose office and told the IO that our Priority date became current and he has the VB that has all categories current.He said that he is going to pull the files out of inventory room and send to the IO the same day and he will approve it. We are aware of the fact that VB is going to change. So not sure how to take the information given to us. Will they approve as he said? or will they take it out and wipe the dust off and put it back for dust to collect again. I am disappointed, angry, helplessness. It is just 1 hour work that is all it takes to approve and I am waiting for past 2 years. Anybody in the same boat?? What can i expect from the response. What should i infer - approve or dust collection. Anyways my company is asking me to relocate to Beijing or Mainz so I will consider seriously after consulting with my wife.

Logiclife, I had contributed before for Senator Kerry campaign in 2004 too. I don't think that is wrong is there?