Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB1A
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
Appu is on a distinguished road
Default Sign Sen Kennedy's petition

Sign this petition on Sen Kennedy's website in support of immigration reform:

http://www.tedkennedy.com/fightforfairness

It may help...
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if this is for us legal immigrants or against us. It says "hardworking americans". We are not americans yet. It could well mean that join the fight AGAINST H1Bs..

Old 04-17-2006, 05:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB1A
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3_nepa
Not sure if this is for us legal immigrants or against us. It says "hardworking americans". We are not americans yet. It could well mean that join the fight AGAINST H1Bs..
The illegals aren't Americans either and the email from Kennedy's staff basically talks about how well-received his Apr 10th speech in DC was and how the senator intends to fight to push immigration reform through the congress.

A lot of people signing up will give the staff the right impetus.

Old 04-17-2006, 05:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute
Default I didnt sign this petition

I didnt sign this petition.

Old 04-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/11/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
EdenMN is a jewel in the rough EdenMN is a jewel in the rough EdenMN is a jewel in the rough
Default i did not sign this

seems like it's against H1s and not pro immigration policies.
If so please delete this thread people may by mistake sign it for this petion

Old 04-17-2006, 06:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appu
The illegals aren't Americans either and the email from Kennedy's staff basically talks about how well-received his Apr 10th speech in DC was and how the senator intends to fight to push immigration reform through the congress.

A lot of people signing up will give the staff the right impetus.
Appu can you pls post some link or documentation showing that this is indeed in our favour. If it is then i have no problem supporting it. But from the looks of it, it seems like it is against H1Bs and temporary workers.

Let us pls be careful as to what we sign/support. A couple of mistakes could spell disaster for all of us.

Old 04-17-2006, 07:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB1A
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
Default That's OK

This is no big deal. This has nothing to do with H1B's - its about CIR and minimum wage. Remember that Sen Kennedy is 100% behind the SJC and the Hagel-Martinez bills. Here's the email with additional details - I didn't post this before because it is somewhat partisan and attacks republicans.

Dear [Appu],

As you may have seen and heard in news reports, Senator Kennedy has been at the forefront of immigration reform. He's built a bipartisan coalition around a tough but fair approach to repairing our broken immigration system.

On Monday hundreds of thousands of people in cities across the country joined together in a "National Day of Action for Immigrant Justice." In our nation's capital, more than 200,000 people gathered on the Mall. It was an amazing event, and the crowd went wild when Senator Kennedy took the stage and said "It is time for Americans to lift their voices now -- in pride for our immigrant past and in pride for our immigrant future. Are you with me?"

Judging by the roar of the crowd, they are indeed with Senator Kennedy. Now you have a chance to show your support for this important measure -- and join the fight for justice for all working Americans:

The facts are clear: 63% of Americans believe that immigrants who have lived in the country for a certain period of time should be able to go through the process of obtaining citizenship. But the out-of-touch Republican Congress wants instead to turn these would-be citizens into criminals. And any American who assists them in any way, even priests, would become criminals too.

Republican leaders claim tough enforcement is all that's needed. That's preposterous. Senator Kennedy supports strong enforcement, too, but fairness is equally important.

Republicans claim they value hard work. Where have they been during Senator Kennedy's efforts to raise the minimum wage for millions of hard-working Americans? What have they done to ensure every American worker has access to good health care? How have they protected Social Security for retired American workers?

Enough is enough. Will you join us and fight to ensure that our country values hard work? Please answer with your signature:

This year, more than 45,000 of you endorsed Senate Resolution 350, rejecting President Bush's assertion that he was authorized to spy on Americans without a warrant. You also stood with Senator Kennedy to fight for stem cell research that holds such great promise for millions suffering from debilitating diseases.

We can't keep ignoring the worsening hardship for our nation's hardest working men and women. I hope you'll tell Senator Kennedy loud and clear you stand with him in this ongoing battle for all working families:

Yours for a stronger and fairer America,

Marty Walsh
Campaign Manager
Kennedy for Senate

P.S. The full text of Senator Kennedy's speech at the immigration rally is on our website -- I hope you enjoy it:

http://www.tedkennedy.com/Apr10RallySpeech

Old 04-17-2006, 11:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/19/2007
Chargeability
:
Kenya
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
jkays94 is on a distinguished road
Default Did You Hear What Happened in Washington?

This is what I got to share with my friends from the site after I signed the petition :

Did You Hear What Happened in Washington?

Dear Friend,

As you may have heard in the news, Senator Kennedy has been at the forefront of immigration reform; he's built a bipartisan coalition around a tough but fair approach that is rapidly gaining popular support among Americans.

Sixty-three percent of Americans believe that immigrants who have lived in the country for a certain period of time should be allowed to go through the process of obtaining citizenship. But the out-of-touch Republican leadership is pushing back and many hope to make these would-be citizens felons.

I've added my signature of support to Senator Kennedy's efforts to protect the American worker. Will you join me?

I'm standing with Senator Kennedy, and fighting to ensure that our country values hard work. I hope you will too.

Thank you!

Old 04-18-2006, 02:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
iptel will become famous soon enough
Default Ambiguous

From the text I can derive two conclusion either it is directed to undocumented worker or everyone is put in same basket nothing specific about our cause. Apu dont get me wrong I apprerciate your initiative but it should not happen we sign to support Kennedy he comes out as hero for Latino community (did I forget to mention political gain) and we remain where we are and watch those illegals immigrant become US citizen.
Ouch ! thats pretty painful.

Infact I think the letter from his campaign representative is a way to get to the heart of our cause. We will sign once there is assurance in writing that it includes H1s.

I am sorry but with all due respect to Sen Kennedy he could address the rally of bunch of illegals waiving Mexican Flag and demanding their "RIGHTS" in Spanish. We have sent faxes in English to Senetor Kennedy requesting to support Bill that will provide relief to Legal immigrant communites but still nothing specific to our cause.

All the support we got till now are mostly from Republicans so we should abstain from supporting that is anti-republican.. More over we do not want to get caught in the crossfire between Dems and Repb.

FOLKS ONE MORE THING BEFORE WE SIGN "ANY" PETITION WE CONSULT OTHER MEMBER OF THE GROUP.

One of the purpose of IV is to make united effort to reach the shore for the people travelling in same boat

Last edited by iptel; 04-18-2006 at 02:36 AM.

Old 04-18-2006, 08:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/19/2007
Chargeability
:
Kenya
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
jkays94 is on a distinguished road

The McCain-Kennedy bill is what had the EB provisions in the first place long before Frist or Martinez-Hagel put their bills. Senator Kennedy has been fighting for immigrants rights for almost 40 years (longer than someone of us have been alive) including legal immigration. His own brother President John F. Kennedy wrote a book called - We are a nation of immigrants.

Quote:
I am sorry but with all due respect to Sen Kennedy he could address the rally of bunch of illegals waiving Mexican Flag and demanding their "RIGHTS" in Spanish. We have sent faxes in English to Senetor Kennedy requesting to support Bill that will provide relief to Legal immigrant communites but still nothing specific to our cause.
Please let us refrain from making conclusions as to who was at the rally, there were many legal immigrants and citizens at the DC rally of many nationalities and backgrounds, it was covered live on CSPAN twice for its entire 4 hr duration -- CSPAN as you know is funded by US public funds and would not cover an event dominated by illegals. The US constitution guarantees constitutional freedoms and rights to all who are within its borders and that would include the right to assembly and freedom of speech. FYI, there are 43 million Hispanic-Americans in the US. The DC rally had just as many American flags as many other rallies around the country on April 10. Senator Kennedy has done a lot for legal immigrants, but lets face it, with no CIR, there will be no separate bill for legal immigrants, we would have to rely on ammendments to other bills and those ammendments would be subject to the fate of sections 8001 and 8002 of S1932. CIR originated in the Senate through McCain-Kennedy, the EB number provisions were in this bill, so lets give credit where its due and not say that nothing has been done for legal immigrants by the Senator.

Last edited by jkays94; 04-18-2006 at 09:06 AM.

Old 04-18-2006, 10:21 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/27/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future

Guys:

Before we get all excited and start signing petitions, please check to confirm whether you are legally safe by doing so. For more information please see this link from Murthy website http://www.murthy.com/news/n_parele.html

I write this because the petition is sponsored by a campaign manager for Kennedy. Please be very careful in signing such petitions. I would recommend discussing any such petition on this forum and getting input from the IV folks or from your lawyers before signing any petition that supports an individual or any particular political party.

Old 04-18-2006, 01:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
iptel will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkarnik
Guys:

Before we get all excited and start signing petitions, please check to confirm whether you are legally safe by doing so. For more information please see this link from Murthy website http://www.murthy.com/news/n_parele.html

I write this because the petition is sponsored by a campaign manager for Kennedy. Please be very careful in signing such petitions. I would recommend discussing any such petition on this forum and getting input from the IV folks or from your lawyers before signing any petition that supports an individual or any particular political party.
Thanks bkarnik