Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2007, 07:37 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/05/2006
Chargeability
:
Poland
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/31/2007
Compare
glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future
Red face Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googler
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

Message from USCIS Director Emilio Gonzalez

I understand that individuals are planning to send flowers to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) beginning on Tuesday, July 10. USCIS has made arrangements to forward those flowers to our injured service members recuperating at Walter Reed Army Medical Center and at Bethesda Naval Hospital.

USCIS' blasted PR brain is working this time. Dammit. Still this will increase press coverage. Let the reporters you are talking to know.
This is perfect. It will drag more media attention!!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2007, 07:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/29/2007
Chargeability
:
South Africa
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/29/2007
Compare
darslee is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunAntonio
Well, Not too bad, it has been acknowledged and now will definitely be picked up by the press as the flowers will be forwarded to injured service members at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center and at Bethesda Naval Hospital.
-- AA

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD
I agree with you....they have now helped the media campaign , ...and in all honesty I would rather the flowers went there than thrown away!

Old 07-09-2007, 07:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default Let us send even more flowers

Good thing: Walter Reed.

Something happening at Walter Reed Hospital has more value in newsworthiness than something happening at headquarters of USCIS offices. Coz Walter Reed means veterans means military means extra media attention.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/14/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold
Default I am not sure if they can actually forward these flowers.

My flowers from FTD got shipped through DHL. Are they going to stop the DHS guy and ask him to go to the Hospital????

They would have to collect the flowers first and then send them there themselves.

Thats good enough for us!

Old 07-09-2007, 07:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jambapamba is on a distinguished road

Is this the height of creativity or what....

Flowers were sent as part of protest but in gandhigiri way...and they are acknowledging in gandhigir way too...!!!

Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
drona is a splendid one to behold drona is a splendid one to behold drona is a splendid one to behold drona is a splendid one to behold drona is a splendid one to behold drona is a splendid one to behold drona is a splendid one to behold

The flowers must go to USCIS. Let them forward it to the hospital. We need them to go to USCIS to make the media story. I don't think they can intervene our orders.

Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of
Default This is disappointing

Quote:
Originally Posted by glus
He will get credit for all these flowers, and we will soung stupid that we just care obout our-slves but USCIS cares abou veterans.

USCIS people...trying to make fun of our misery

Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
indio0617 has a spectacular aura about indio0617 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by glus
Yes Guys. Keep it up. The message will be LOUD and CLEAR now. Make sure that all of you communicate this to the media, whoever you talk to.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by test101
Time to send pizza then
I'm sure Mr. Gonzalez will not forward it to army. His staff need it badly after working continuously for 48 hrs.
LUD - 06/02/2011
CPO Email - 6/2/20111
Cards Received - 6/9/2011

Finally maDemygc

Old 07-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
p_kumar is infamous around these parts p_kumar is infamous around these parts p_kumar is infamous around these parts p_kumar is infamous around these parts p_kumar is infamous around these parts p_kumar is infamous around these parts p_kumar is infamous around these parts p_kumar is infamous around these parts p_kumar is infamous around these parts

Will you guys stop this madness atleast now?. If US started bending rules for people who send flowers, then everyone will try to manipulate the system. There is a lot of difference between the circumstances of originla gandhigiri and now. That was our country back then, for crying out loud.We are in a foriegn country and the issuance of visa a previlege not a right.Why cant you guys understand this simple fact?. Now stop making fools of yourself and get a life.

That USCIS director gave a good answer. Is your pain more than those citizens of this country who gave their limbs and life for US?.

BTW, i am one of the guys who couldn't file I-485 because of this fiasco. But i understand the reality.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12-12-2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12-15-2005
Compare
ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough
Default I am Glad.

I feel really happy, for once USCIS acknowledged our efforts and also the end results is really good because the injured will recieve flowers from some one they will never meet.
There is strength in the ways of GandhiJi.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/12/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2007
Compare
obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future
Default Media Management

IV Core - Urge you to publish a PRESS RELEASE tomorrow to build upon the current message.

Thank the Director for acknowledging the grassroots democractic process currently underway. Acknowledge your genuine happiness that these flowers will find a new home where they will cheer up and provide company to young men and women who are preserving and protecting great ideals of democracy. This is a clarion call to keep the pain and frustration of high skilled legal immigrants in mind when formulating and executing aspects of legislation and public policy for legal immigration.
________
Live sex

Last edited by obviously; 08-28-2011 at 08:37 AM.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default We know that

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_kumar
Will you guys stop this madness atleast now?. If US started bending rules for people who send flowers, then everyone will try to manipulate the system. There is a lot of difference between the circumstances of originla gandhigiri and now. That was our country back then, for crying out loud.We are in a foriegn country and the issuance of visa a previlege not a right.Why cant you guys understand this simple fact?. Now stop making fools of yourself and get a life.

That USCIS director gave a good answer. Is your pain more than those citizens of this country who gave their limbs and life for US?.

BTW, i am one of the guys who couldn't file I-485 because of this fiasco. But i understand the reality.
Kindly realize that we know full well that flowers dont change laws and regulations. If that were case, Microsoft would have drowned DC with roses to get H1 quota increase.

We are not stupid. But the flower campaign does have a purpose bigger than 485 filing. Its called media attention. Now kindly stop complaining, trust IV leadership that has run this org successfully for past 18 months, and please help us by doing your part.

Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
GCWORRIES is on a distinguished road

Whatever way it is USCIS has again lived upto its July fiasco, return I 485 applications without accepting and now send the flowers away to hospitals without accepting....end of the day...no evidence left behind..

Seems popular logic with USCIS....

Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/26/2006
Chargeability
:
Canada
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/26/2006
Compare
justin150377 can only hope to improve

Call the place where you've ordered flowers and ask for a refund if flowers are delivered elsewhere. It should be up to USCIS to recieve and then ship those flowers to the hospitals.