Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2007, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default ?

trying to understand your problem?

the goal (and you may have to chew on this a while) of this campaign is not to bend rules. it is to create media attention for our problems.
this may be a catalyst to anything- 485 filing, bridging amendments...who knows?

the point is we have to keep trying. sounds like you want to slink away into your "reality". well, since we are all living in fantasy, friend, please let us enjoy it. thanks for your encouragement btw.

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2007, 07:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skd
He will get credit for all these flowers, and we will soung stupid that we just care obout our-slves but USCIS cares abou veterans.

USCIS people...trying to make fun of our misery

I do not think so, as our message goes along with the flowers. So I really doubt whether USCIS has patience to remove those message tags before sending them to the Hospital.
EAD/AP Approved
I-485 RD July 12 2007, ND Aug 14 2007
FP Sept 14 2007 completed
Service Center NSC

Contributed so far $480.
Contributing $20/month since Jan 2007

Old 07-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
saimrathi is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

:d

Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
camarasa is on a distinguished road

Change the order now to send them on Wednesday instead :-)

Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dont Do That

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin150377
Call the place where you've ordered flowers and ask for a refund if flowers are delivered elsewhere. It should be up to USCIS to recieve and then ship those flowers to the hospitals.
DONT DO THAT.

Let the flowers go to USCIS and let them do whatever they want with the flowers. Kindly dont jinx this campaign by cancelling your orders and asking for refunds.

Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12-12-2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12-15-2005
Compare
ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough
Default YOu are missing the point.

I dont expect USCIS to get all emotional because of our flowers and issue an update to their updated bulletin saying they will now accept and issue green cards.
The point is that we need to make awareness that there is a HUGE community that gets affected by every move they make and that we are an active and cohesive community and also to create awareness of this debacle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_kumar
Will you guys stop this madness atleast now?. If US started bending rules for people who send flowers, then everyone will try to manipulate the system. There is a lot of difference between the circumstances of originla gandhigiri and now. That was our country back then, for crying out loud.We are in a foriegn country and the issuance of visa a previlege not a right.Why cant you guys understand this simple fact?. Now stop making fools of yourself and get a life.

That USCIS director gave a good answer. Is your pain more than those citizens of this country who gave their limbs and life for US?.

BTW, i am one of the guys who couldn't file I-485 because of this fiasco. But i understand the reality.

Last edited by ArunAntonio; 07-09-2007 at 07:48 PM.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05-15-2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05-18-2006
Compare
mihird is on a distinguished road
Default The conditions are no different...

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_kumar
Will you guys stop this madness atleast now?. If US started bending rules for people who send flowers, then everyone will try to manipulate the system. There is a lot of difference between the circumstances of originla gandhigiri and now. That was our country back then, for crying out loud.We are in a foriegn country and the issuance of visa a previlege not a right.Why cant you guys understand this simple fact?. Now stop making fools of yourself and get a life.

That USCIS director gave a good answer. Is your pain more than those citizens of this country who gave their limbs and life for US?.

BTW, i am one of the guys who couldn't file I-485 because of this fiasco. But i understand the reality.
The British made us feel in the hey days that living in our own country was a previlege extended by their administration...even in that environment...Gandhigiri worked....but not without several initial failures..and Gandhi himself had acknowledge that non-violent resistence can succeed even against hitler but not without several initial failures...

The fact that we could get Mr. Gonzalez to even respond to the flower campaign itself speaks that Gandhigiri has worked...the publicity that this will generate will be of immense help....

Old 07-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/26/2006
Chargeability
:
Canada
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/26/2006
Compare
justin150377 can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclife
DONT DO THAT.

Let the flowers go to USCIS and let them do whatever they want with the flowers. Kindly dont jinx this campaign by cancelling your orders and asking for refunds.
It's too late flowers have shipped. They will have to be delivered somewhere, it'll just force the fedex/dhl not to accept a forward from USCIS.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:48 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Foster2007 is on a distinguished road

You are right! It seems USCIS has an "acceptance" probem...

Can't accept

1. Legitimately filed I-485s
2. Affectionately sent flowers
3. To top it all, its own "ineeficiency"

Old 07-09-2007, 07:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute

Flowers are sent to USCIS, USCIS has to accept them and then put them on a truck and send them to the hospital, GREAT!!
That is just awesome news headline!!

Old 07-09-2007, 07:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12-12-2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12-15-2005
Compare
ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough
Default Stay away

from doing that, what do you think you would achieve by the flowers being delivered at the hospital instead of the USCIS, the point has been made and the Director has acknowledged the effort - That was the end goal and infact the flowers will do more benefit to those in the hospital.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin150377
Call the place where you've ordered flowers and ask for a refund if flowers are delivered elsewhere. It should be up to USCIS to recieve and then ship those flowers to the hospitals.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:52 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
test101 will become famous soon enough

What you guys are talking about ... Walter reed is the best place for the flowers to go, with all what is going on in there ... the media will eat this news . DO not Cancel whatever you Do do not cancel instead call the media and let them know........... This is even better.

Can we do a blood drive next as protest! seriously. Donate blood as protest and for media attention.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
amaruns has a spectacular aura about amaruns has a spectacular aura about
Default This is good

Sending flowers was a way to register our protest. That I believe is being accomplished. USCIS forwarding them to injured service men is OK with me.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by test101
What you guys are talking about ... Walter reed is the best place for the flowers to go, with all what is going on in there ... the media will eat this news . DO not Cancel whatever you Do do not cancel instead call the media and let them know........... This is even better.

Can we do a blood drive next as protest! seriously. Donate blood as protest and for media attention.

Sure lets donate our KIDNEYS next!! This whole campaign sounds more and more ridiculous!!

Old 07-09-2007, 07:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
guy03062 is a glorious beacon of light guy03062 is a glorious beacon of light guy03062 is a glorious beacon of light guy03062 is a glorious beacon of light guy03062 is a glorious beacon of light

Message from Mr. Emilio Gonzalez regarding Flower campaign shows that how closely they are following media coverage of July visa bulletin fiasco!

Please keet it up guys!!