Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 12:28 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default IV update on Visa numbers and FOIA data

Dear ImmigrationVoice members,

We are sharing details of the FOIA campaign results. USCIS had given us the data that our members had requested but we had concerns about the correctness of the data. The backlog numbers were very low and inconsistent with the overall backlog information we had from other sources including previous USCIS documents that are publicly available. IV contacted USCIS and USCIS said that the data given to us is correct. However at that time we decided to hold off releasing this information in public and avoid any confusion within the community until we get further clarification about the data received. We also weighed various options of action against USCIS and thus did not want to do a public announcement of the misleading data until the matter was settled. When USCIS published the data this week on their site we were able to easily compare the numbers and see how much the data was different. Even after looking at the data on USCIS website we have some unanswered questions on the data and we wish to seek clarifications. IV would keep members updated on this thread any further information we receive from USCIS.

We are happy that USCIS made this data available to the public. Until now such data was not available to the public and we do not know if anyone had requested it in the past. It is all due to the members of Immigrationvoice who contacted USCIS via hundreds of letters and contributed to the FOIA campaign that helped release of this data. The other good news is that USCIS would update this publicly available data on regular basis. Our community should feel proud of this accomplishment.

At this time we have created a tool for our members to compare both data provided by USCIS and see its results. The basic difference is as follows:
FOIA / USCIS
EB2C- 4111 / 19,333
EB2I - 9117 / 47,728
EB2M - 26 / 211
EB2P - 82 / 510
EB2R - 1716 / 7,150
EB3C - 1166 / 6,343
EB3I - 8681 / 62,607
EB3M -- 657 / 7,878
EB3P 1624 / 11,563
EB3R - 5779 / 62,840

Please review your line in the queue based on these 2 tools.

Based on FOIA data released to IV by USCIS http://immigrationvoice.org/tracker/waitimesUSCIS1.php

Based on data available on the USCIS website http://immigrationvoice.org/tracker/waitimesUSCIS2.php

Note: In order to view your number in the queue, please make sure to complete your key profile dates http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/pr...do=editprofile for the tool to calculate.

Thank you for your support
Team IV

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 09-26-2009 at 01:00 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
MeraNoAayega will become famous soon enough MeraNoAayega will become famous soon enough

Thanks pappu.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:43 AM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the sharing the data. But the data IV got from USCIS looks to be completely false. Did IV pay for this data, if so then please ask for the refund. Any way because of IV the DATA is in public domain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Dear ImmigrationVoice members,

We are sharing details of the FOIA campaign results. USCIS had given us the data that our members had requested but we had concerns about the correctness of the data. The backlog numbers were very low and inconsistent with the overall backlog information we had from other sources including previous USCIS documents that are publicly available. IV contacted USCIS and USCIS said that the data given to us is correct. However at that time we decided to hold off releasing this information in public and avoid any confusion within the community until we get further clarification about the data received. We also weighed various options of action against USCIS and thus did not want to do a public announcement of the misleading data until the matter was settled. When USCIS published the data this week on their site we were able to easily compare the numbers and see how much the data was different. Even after looking at the data on USCIS website we have some unanswered questions on the data and we wish to seek clarifications. IV would keep members updated on this thread any further information we receive from USCIS.

We are happy that USCIS made this data available to the public. Until now such data was not available to the public and we do not know if anyone had requested it in the past. It is all due to the members of Immigrationvoice who contacted USCIS via hundreds of letters and contributed to the FOIA campaign that helped release of this data. The other good news is that USCIS would update this publicly available data on regular basis. Our community should feel proud of this accomplishment.

At this time we have created a tool for our members to compare both data provided by USCIS and see its results. The basic difference is as follows:
FOIA / USCIS
EB2C- 4111 / 19,333
EB2I - 9117 / 47,728
EB2M - 26 / 211
EB2P - 82 / 510
EB2R - 1716 / 7,150
EB3C - 1166 / 6,343
EB3I - 8681 / 62,607
EB3M -- 657 / 7,878
EB3P 1624 / 11,563
EB3R - 5779 / 62,840

Please review your line in the queue based on these 2 tools.

Based on FOIA data released to IV by USCIS http://immigrationvoice.org/tracker/waitimesUSCIS1.php

Based on data available on the USCIS website http://immigrationvoice.org/tracker/waitimesUSCIS2.php

Note: In order to view your number in the queue, please make sure to complete your key profile dates http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/pr...do=editprofile for the tool to calculate.

Thank you for your support
Team IV

Last edited by pappu; 09-26-2009 at 01:01 AM.

Old 09-26-2009, 01:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.

Based on USCIS data I will have to wait till 2015..

Old 09-26-2009, 01:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute

Kudos to the IV team for making it possible to get this data from USCIS. Until now, no one had been successful in getting such data from USCIS. It is IV's efforts that have made this a possibility. Keep it up IV!

GT

Old 09-26-2009, 01:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BharatPremi View Post
Thanks.

Based on USCIS data I will have to wait till 2015..
BharatPremi - You have got it made man. I will have to wait till 2027!

Old 09-26-2009, 01:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute

I guess we all are fine with that and will still live in hope and hey lets start a fight over eb2 v/s eb3 or if not that lets try demeaning each others posts or if our porblem is still smal lets talk about Shah Rukh Khans being stuck for over an hour....I think doing all that will get us our gcs pretty soooon....

Old 09-26-2009, 01:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute

BTW is there really a law that disallows using unused visa number for a given fiscal year after the end of that fiscal year? If so where is it and how does it read like?

Old 09-26-2009, 02:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default GC in dreams!

Per USCIS Expected Date of Adjudication is Dec, 2016.
Per IV Expected Date of Adjudication is Nov, 2010.

Old 09-26-2009, 02:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2011
Compare
belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDix View Post
Thanks for the sharing the data. But the data IV got from USCIS looks to be completely false. Did IV pay for this data, if so then please ask for the refund. Any way because of IV the DATA is in public domain.
Result for belmontboy:
Your position is 47480 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Oct-07" and Category "EB2" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Apr, 2024.
spill over considered.

Wait time tracker doesnot make any sense....
485 approved on Jan 25,2012.
Physical cards received on Jan 30, 2012
one time contribution - 100$
one time contribution for April 2011 Advocacy days - 50$

Old 09-26-2009, 03:56 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
nomad is a splendid one to behold nomad is a splendid one to behold nomad is a splendid one to behold nomad is a splendid one to behold nomad is a splendid one to behold nomad is a splendid one to behold nomad is a splendid one to behold

May be your kid can sponsor you before that ! this is not at all a realistic waiting!

As per the IV data, I will get mine by Jan 2010, and as per USCIS it will be Jan 2012!( without spill over !)

BTW, thanks IV ( and especially Needhelp!) for FOIA data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belmontboy View Post
Result for belmontboy:
Your position is 47480 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Oct-07" and Category "EB2" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Apr, 2024.
spill over considered.

Wait time tracker doesnot make any sense....

Old 09-26-2009, 05:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
sve0390 is on a distinguished road
Default No wait time estimate for EB2-NIW?

Thanks, IV Core, for releasing this information. Quite obviously, the numbers released to IV and those on the USCIS site do not match (how's that for understatement of the year!).

I tried to use the wait time tool and it did not return an estimate for me saying that USCIS has not provided EB2-NIW data. Is there any difference in EB2 vs. EB2-NIW in terms of adjudication/approval? I thought once I-485 is filed, both EB2 and EB2-NIW are in the same queue.
$100 contribution, Cards sent

Old 09-26-2009, 10:08 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chanukya has a reputation beyond repute chanukya has a reputation beyond repute chanukya has a reputation beyond repute chanukya has a reputation beyond repute chanukya has a reputation beyond repute chanukya has a reputation beyond repute chanukya has a reputation beyond repute chanukya has a reputation beyond repute chanukya has a reputation beyond repute chanukya has a reputation beyond repute chanukya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thankyou IV Pappu and Donors

Thank you for sharing the info...

I came across a link, that says Hispianic community is slowly digesting the fact that CIR may not happen.....and they are ready for trying it out in parts...something is cooking behind the scene...

May be IV will get some info from its Democratic Lobbyists, about this...

The Associated Press: AP Interview: Leader has back-up immigration plan

Old 09-26-2009, 11:35 AM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
gcfordesi can only hope to improve
Default no hope for EB3-I

Your position is 50468 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "May-06" and Category "EB3" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Sep, 2027.

Spillover Estimate

Your position is 50468 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "May-06" and Category "EB3" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Mar, 2025.
3) Signed up for $25 Monthly Contribution

Old 09-26-2009, 11:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcformeornot will become famous soon enough
Default Time for action

Based on FOIA
Your position is 7020 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Jun-06" and Category "EB3" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Mar, 2012.

Based on USCIS data

Your position is 51347 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Jun-06" and Category "EB3" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Jan, 2028.

Not only EB3 but later PD EB2's too need to wake up....