Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2006, 02:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/24/2007
Compare
ChainReaction is on a distinguished road
Default Re: i-485 IndoChinese Adjustment act

I was looking at the Nebraska service center processing time and came across this visa category does anyone know what it pertains to ?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2006, 05:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
learning01 is on a distinguished road
Default Where is the reference and link?

You will agree with me that a reference is needed. Could you please eloborate your post and post a link. Thanks.
learning01
CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainReaction
I was looking at the Nebraska service center processing time and came across this visa category does anyone know what it pertains to ?

Old 04-23-2006, 05:15 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold

Source: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/public...330parolee.pdf

USCIS ANNOUNCES NEW GUIDANCE REGARDING INDOCHINESE PAROLEE ADJUSTMENTS (FOR NATIVE OF VIETNAM, CAMBODIA, OR LAOS) – THIS IS NOT EMPLOYMENT BASED

New Law Eliminates Adjustment Cap and Three-Year Filing Window
Washington, D.C.– U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced today two significant changes to the management of the Indochinese Parolee Adjustment Program. Statutory changes included in the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2005 (Public Law 108-447) have eliminated both the three-year filing period window and the adjustment cap.

Prior to the recent changes, Section 586 of Public Law 106-429 (often referred to as the “Indochinese Parolee Adjustment Act”) limited the total number of eligible individuals who could adjust under this provision to 5,000. The Act also required individuals to file their applications within a three-year period that began on January 27, 2003 and was scheduled to end on January 25, 2006. Both of these restrictions have been eliminated.

The Indochinese Parolee Adjustment Act authorizes the granting of lawful permanent resident status to certain eligible parolees from Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. Following the Vietnam War, certain individuals from those three countries were paroled into the United States and have remained here without a permanent resolution of their immigration status.

To qualify for adjustment of status under Section 586, the applicant must be a native or citizen of Vietnam, Cambodia or Laos who was inspected and paroled into the United States prior to October 1, 1997 and was physically present in the United States on October 1, 1997. In addition, the applicant must have been paroled into the United States in one of three ways: from Vietnam through the Orderly Departure Program, from a refugee camp in East Asia, or from a displaced person camp administered by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees in Thailand.
Eligible individuals applying for adjustment of status under section 586 must send Form I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status), all required documentation, and all corresponding applications to: Nebraska Service Center, P.O. Box 87485, Lincoln NE 68501-7485. Eligibility and procedural requirements are explained on the USCIS website at: http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/r...adjust_VCL.htm.

Principal Applicant Eligibility
To be eligible, an alien must demonstrate that he or she:
1. Is a citizen or native of Vietnam, Cambodia, or Laos;
2. Was inspected and paroled into the United States before October 1, 1997;
3. Was physically present in the United States prior to and on October 1, 1997;
4. Was paroled into the United States:
a. From Vietnam under the auspices of the Orderly Departure Program;
b. From a refugee camp in East Asia; or
c. From a displaced persons camp administered by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees in Thailand;
5. Applied for adjustment of status under section 586 of Public Law 106-429 and paid all appropriate fees; and
6. Is otherwise eligible to receive an immigrant visa and otherwise admissible to the United States for permanent residence except for those grounds of inadmissibility that do not apply or that are waived. See the regulation for information about admissibility.
Recd green card in June 2007

Old 04-23-2006, 06:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
posmd has a spectacular aura about posmd has a spectacular aura about posmd has a spectacular aura about
Default What a misnomer.

I have wondered for a long time what the hell this thing was.

Imagine with such a name................It refers to neither INDIANS nor CHINESE the two main countries affected by retrogression!

And if it refers to aliens admitted before 1997, why is it taking so long to adjudicate 5K cases.

USCIS logic I guess. Sometimes I wonder if knowing makes you simply more hopeless with these brainiacs.

Old 04-23-2006, 07:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
morphthecat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by posmd
I have wondered for a long time what the hell this thing was.
Imagine with such a name................It refers to neither INDIANS nor CHINESE the two main countries affected by retrogression!
Its not like USCIS came up with the name.
You might want to read:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indochina