Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 02:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute
Default Will Visa Recapture happen -A question for Pappu and Core Team

Hi Mr Pappu and Other Core Member,

Thanks for the good work you all are doing. Keep it up.

I know it is an age-old question, still asking. What you guys think about the probability of introduction of any immigration bill in near future which will have recapture visa related provisions.

Thanks,
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2009, 02:51 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Compare
tempgc is a name known to all tempgc is a name known to all tempgc is a name known to all tempgc is a name known to all tempgc is a name known to all tempgc is a name known to all
Default I feel 0% chances

I feel 0% chances for the visa recapture.

You do what ever lobbying/email/phone calls or spending, it won't happen.

Let me propose another addition to recapture bill....
Say, for every visa recapture usage number, the consumer need to pay 5K. Assume that we propose this to law makers, this also next to impossible to get passed.

I am ready to pay 5K (10K for me and wife) for every visa number I consume in recapture though my PD is EB2I- Dec05. I am sure, a calculated person of our community won't hesitate to spend this amount if he gets a visa number.

recapture +5K for each visa number bill also won't pass.

bottom-line....
The IV spending on lobbying
Lobbying Spending Database-Immigration Voice, 2008 | OpenSecrets
140+150+160 K = 450K is just to keep the pressure for the EB relief bills. I feel.
Now go ahead and bash me...

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ch102 has a reputation beyond repute ch102 has a reputation beyond repute ch102 has a reputation beyond repute ch102 has a reputation beyond repute ch102 has a reputation beyond repute ch102 has a reputation beyond repute ch102 has a reputation beyond repute ch102 has a reputation beyond repute ch102 has a reputation beyond repute ch102 has a reputation beyond repute ch102 has a reputation beyond repute

No till 2011 I guess !!!!

Commentary: Obama drops ball on immigration - CNN.com

SAN DIEGO, California (CNN) -- President Obama has placed the immigration reform community at the back of the bus.

This same president who insists the country can't wait to fix what he calls a broken health care system tells reformers to wait for him to get around to fixing what they consider to be an equally broken immigration system.

The same president who tried to juggle a half dozen major policy initiatives in his first few months in office now seems unsure of his ability to -- as he told Univision's Jorge Ramos in an interview last weekend -- "solve every problem at once."

And the same president who seems to understand that the longer he waits to accomplish health care reform, the more difficult it will be to get, doesn't seem to understand the same is true with immigration reform.

The political math for both kinds of reform only gets more difficult if Democrats lose seats in the House and Senate in next year's midterm elections, as is expected to happen.

During a recent speech to a black-tie gala for the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, Obama again promised action on immigration -- at some point. But he didn't give a timetable.

Obama and his advisers decided to attack health care reform before immigration reform. That obviously was a mistake.

One thing that has thrown a wrench into the prospects for health care reform is the Joe Wilsonian concern that illegal immigrants might get free health care as a result of the reform process. Had that issue been addressed beforehand by giving illegal immigrants a path to earned legalization, that controversy might have been defused. Now Obama might walk away with nothing.

Be that as it may, it's clear that immigration reform just isn't a top priority for this administration.

The White House may view this as a niche issue, one with limited impact on any group other than Latinos. If so, that shows how little they know.

Business groups, law enforcement, border security advocates, organized labor, high-tech firms, university educators and others are all clamoring for immigration reform. For the record, Latinos care about the same issues the president seems to care about -- the economy, education and health care. But they also care about immigration because they see it as a test of political courage.

They're well-aware of the resistance out there to giving illegal immigrants a path to earned legalization, and so they're drawn to elected officials who are willing to brave those winds in order to do the right thing.

Does that include Obama? At this point, who knows? Time flies when a president is stalling.

It was just several months ago that White House officials were promising that Obama would address immigration reform before the end of the year. Now that timeline seems to have been pushed back to the beginning of 2010. And with midterm elections next November, we can expect Congress to invest -- at most -- five or six months on this issue.

For all intents and purposes, the curtain closes when Congress adjourns for summer recess next year, since members will spend most of the fall campaigning for re-election.

Given all that, immigration reform could easily lapse into Obama's second term, if there is a second term. For now, the president's reluctance to approach the issue in a meaningful way that goes beyond assurances to advocacy groups and promises to Hispanic audiences seems to be prompting members of Congress to take the reins.

Both Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-New York, and Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Illinois, have promised to unveil immigration reform proposals in the coming weeks.

Schumer is already behind schedule, since he said he would come up with something by Labor Day. Still, this is all a notable departure from what happened under President Bush, where it was the White House that tried to lead Congress toward immigration reform.

Now it's the other way around. Call that what you want. But it's not leadership on an issue that demands nothing less.

Old 09-28-2009, 02:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future
Default Hard in this economy

It will be hard to push some thing like this in this economy.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:03 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare
go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadimanav View Post
Hi Mr Pappu and Other Core Member,

Thanks for the good work you all are doing. Keep it up.

I know it is an age-old question, still asking. What you guys think about the probability of introduction of any immigration bill in near future which will have recapture visa related provisions.

Thanks,
It is a difficult question for IV Core or anybody to answer. They need to be positive and work/lead/coordinate for visa recapture.

I don't know how politically feasible it is for recapture to be de-linked to CIR.
Only one thing I can say based on my understanding of US politics is
that CIR is politically impossible to pass.

It is so highly radioactive and poisonous politically that no body will dare touch
CIR.

Over the years anti-illegal sentiments have increased.

1986 (amnesty in exchange for some enforcement etc)
1996 one of the most draconian rules...huge discretionary powers, 10 year ban from
illegal stay etc, affidavit of support for family based sponsorship
post Sep 11..REAL ID act.

More and more money from "increased fees for better service" of USCIS
is actually funneled to enforcement activities and obviously there is no end to
the need to increase fees.

You can see the enforcement happening in H1B/EB as well.

There was time in the early nineties when even with master its was possible to do EB1. Then EB1 was over. Lately (after PERM) now EB2 is getting over as well.

PERM is now another backlog center. Other than AC21 there has not been a single
pro-H1B/EB rule in the last 10-20 years.

Last edited by go_guy123; 09-28-2009 at 03:09 PM.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future

Are we planning a rally similar to one we had 0n 9/18? I think we should be having a rally once more to highlight the issue.
Called CHC and other law makers
Contacted Local Congressman for support to Immigration bills.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/20/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts
Default why do u need a reply?

dont have high hopes for a recapture. the year is almost over.. its holiday season mode from next month onwards..

instead of a BIG reforms..we must try for smaller reliefs..
CIR will happen ...but not NOW... Obama has staked his future on health care reforms.. Immigration is a non-issue for now.. the sooner we realise it the better for us.. else..we will be chasing a mirage..

temp reliefs can be:
a.) concurrent 485 filing
b.) 4-5 year EAD's - without restrictions..

Last edited by pointlesswait; 09-28-2009 at 07:17 PM. Reason: some loafer gave me red...dont know why!

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:51 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare
TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Excellent Suggestions ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointlesswait View Post
dont have high hopes for a recapture. the year is almost over.. its holiday season mode from next month onwards..

CIR will happen ...but not NOW... Obama has staked his future on health care reforms.. Immigration is a non-issue for now.. the sooner we realise it the better for us.. else..we will be chasing a mirage..

temp reliefs can be:
I believe you are being very realistic & I cannot agree with you more (Giving you green). Both your suggestions are excellent, however b) looks more likely to happen for all reasons.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Direct_Action_99 is infamous around these parts Direct_Action_99 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstart View Post
Are we planning a rally similar to one we had 0n 9/18? I think we should be having a rally once more to highlight the issue.
=========

Hello,

First of all let me acknowledge with thanks the work being done by so many people. I have been following and reading details for the last few years but I had not registered myself.

I humbly feel that the days of prayer and petition ALONE may not work . I agree with the suggestion for a rally. I would also like to know if we can mobilize about 100,000 people and stage a 24 hour hunger strike in support of visa recapture. If it is legal and permitted, we can. In case anyone feels it is not correct, please tell me. Advance apologies!!!

Can we also suggest a $5000.00 fee for every visa recaptured and given to us with a ceiling of say $12000.00 per family? Does this sound ridiculous? I am sorry again. May be this will have some impact. What do you all feel please?

Last edited by Direct_Action_99; 09-28-2009 at 06:54 PM.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Adding more items to the menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointlesswait View Post

temp reliefs can be:
c. Allow dependent spouses to file for I-485 (and EAD) if the PD is not current for the EBX beneficiary.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/28/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
mchatrvd is a splendid one to behold mchatrvd is a splendid one to behold mchatrvd is a splendid one to behold mchatrvd is a splendid one to behold mchatrvd is a splendid one to behold mchatrvd is a splendid one to behold mchatrvd is a splendid one to behold

I don't think any relief will happen this year. At least until elections next year. They might take up CIR after that. They will fix health bill, move on to elections and ask for votes to do CIR after that. This is not going to happened until after elections. Before that, although lot of lawmakers are sympathetic to our issues, they know that his panic caucus will not allow any relief bill for legals only to be introduced in the house. This is so frustrating, as we are suffering because of the politics over undocumented workers.
Category: EB2
140 AD: May 06
485 RD: July 2 07
485 ND: Sept 7 '09

Old 09-28-2009, 08:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ndswaiting is on a distinguished road
Default Election Year is an excuse that is omnipresent

2008 was an election year. so nothing happened
2009 nothing will happen because economy and health care and that 2010 is an election year
2010 is an election year. so nothing happens
2011 still taking care of economy, health care and everything left over before 2012 which is an election year
2012 is an election year. so nothing happens.

blah blah blah

Recapture is our only hope (and best case if it is decoupled from CIR and passed earlier than CIR)

(blame the rant on the Monday blues)

Old 09-28-2009, 09:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
patiently_waiting is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the good work.

(*based on data from USCIS)
Your position is 3686 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Feb-04" and Category "EB3" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Jan, 2011.

(*based on data from USCIS website September 2009)
Result for patiently_waiting:
Your position is 24486 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Feb-04" and Category "EB3" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Jun, 2018.

I can understand how the tracker gave 24486 based on pdf provided by USCIS recently.

How the tracker provides 3686 based on my prioority date ?

Can someone please explain ?

Thanks a lot.
Yet to Apply I-485

Old 09-28-2009, 09:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sum it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by patiently_waiting View Post

Your position is 3686 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Feb-04" and Category "EB3" .

Your position is 24486 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Feb-04" and Category "EB3" .

I can understand how the tracker gave 24486 based on pdf provided by USCIS recently.

Thanks a lot.
24486 (USCIS) - adjudicated
3686 (FOIA) - Probably non adjudicated

Old 09-28-2009, 09:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute
Default One b4 mass preadjudication one after

Quote:
Originally Posted by patiently_waiting View Post

Thanks a lot.
FOIA response is b4 mass preadjudication USCIS update is more current therefore after the ongoing pre-adjudication. remember they had no clue of the numbers till they actually preadjudicated right? I know its sad but that is the only explanation.
1) Also don't be surprised if the number increases in the coming months as more get pre adj.
2) Another thing to mention here is there are people who are of older PDs but because of misc reasons did not file their I485.
3) Also my guess is this does not contain the number of people in Consular processing.
So even this calculation is not foolproof.