Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2006, 03:03 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ufo2002 is on a distinguished road
Default Don't kid yourself...

Just to tell you of what I know about foreigners in the US Armed Forces. One of my former colleagues (US Citizen) served in the National Guard... I asked him about the role of non-citizens in the Guard and one interesting thing I noted was that most of them were put in positions with little security clearance... mostly also in Infantry role... ie. cannon fodder!
So forget about trying to get a position in communications or signal intelligence or engineering corp, which is supposedly "safer" than being an infantry. You won't get those since you would be seen as a security risk.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2006, 03:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
abc is on a distinguished road
Default Its a option not available till now to non-USC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufo2002
Just to tell you of what I know about foreigners in the US Armed Forces. One of my former colleagues (US Citizen) served in the National Guard... I asked him about the role of non-citizens in the Guard and one interesting thing I noted was that most of them were put in positions with little security clearance... mostly also in Infantry role... ie. cannon fodder!
So forget about trying to get a position in communications or signal intelligence or engineering corp, which is supposedly "safer" than being an infantry. You won't get those since you would be seen as a security risk.
Lets not assume that we cannot get into those army streams. I think if anyone has a US degree, he/she can build great career in this.

Dont forget Kalpana and the other lady on the way to space trip in weeks.

And US army is more technological than most of the high tech careers we undertake(mostly document creation..) Internet was born in US army.

Old 05-15-2006, 03:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute

Guys this is a pointless debate. Yes, it was a good source of information that you can get ur GC by enrolling in the army. Those who want it can take it, those who dont want it can leave it. It's That simple.

Old 05-15-2006, 07:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default If you are so passionate

If you are so passionate about military and serving in military, I do not know why you are here in US and debating in this forum. Dear friend, every country has military(including the country where you are from) and you are really intersested to serve the deserved people, you can join the military of Somalia or Afghanistan. I do not understand any other reason for an immigrant in US to serve in US military other than GC.

As one of the senior member said, to serve in military you should have courage. If you had courge, you would have first joined IV as this is similar to the same passion. IV is fighting for common cause and requires members and voluteers.

Cheer up guys , be practical and walk your talk.

Old 05-15-2006, 07:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
iptel will become famous soon enough
Default Useless Thread

To Admin and all,
I think this is useless thread. Military is something sensetive many expressed their concern about the safety working in Military which is ridiculous beyond any comprehension .
Please remember there may be many US citizen whose near and dear ones are serving military, may had been severly wounded or even lost their lives in line of duty. Only they can feel the pain.
This kind of thread may create flare of anti-immigrant sentiment against us. This may also give sites like numberusa or zazona reason to support their cause.
PLEASE ABSTAIN FROM WRITING ANYTHING that may hurt others and eventualy hurt us.

Old 05-15-2006, 08:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Unexpected

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclife
Its great if you can make it back alive from overseas wars. If you are dead, then what good is the citizenship/greencard.

logiclife you being a suprmoderator and with all due respect statement like this is not expected from you.

Old 05-15-2006, 11:21 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
agamilka is on a distinguished road
Default qualified trash is an infiltrated individual from the Army

Do you work for the Army and are just trying to see if we are that desperate to get into the army?

This is just funny,
Give away your life so everybody could be driving an SUV, what a "freedom"

Old 05-16-2006, 02:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by agamilka
Do you work for the Army and are just trying to see if we are that desperate to get into the army?

This is just funny,
Give away your life so everybody could be driving an SUV, what a "freedom"

I dont know where this thread is heading towards. All I know its in the best interest of IV and its member to get this thread removed.

Old 05-16-2006, 10:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute

Guys this is a RIDICULOUS Debate. Please stop Bickering on this army nonsense. Joining the army is a PERSONAL CHOICE. Joining it does not make u a hero and not joining it does not make u a villan/loser.

Lets please focuss on more important stuff and PLS Stop fighting amongst urselves on such Ridiculously small things. This was a good peice of information for someone who wants it and if you dont want it, u move on. Let us all show some tolerance when people think outside the box and people thinking outside the box, please explain clearly as to what your point is.

Old 05-16-2006, 10:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/03/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
bijualex29 is on a distinguished road

Moderator;
Can you remove this tread from here.
It is an option in CIR. They are not forcing you to join. If you like it join it or reject it.
However do not get offence.

Old 05-16-2006, 10:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold

By outside the box, if you are referring to me and the other member who started this post, here is my rationale:
- It is a good option for those who want to exercise it
- If joining the army or helping the US Defense industry makes an immigrant shameless or bad (for GC or otherwise), that would make thousands of immigrants in this country, very bad people. There is no shortage of scientists from other countries coming here and helping with defense research etc.
- Some people come here for money, some for a better life, some for socio-economic reasons

Reasons are many but the goal is the same. Making this personal and calling people names is petty (as I was called in a previous post by the user agamilka). This is my last post on this subject. I will continue posting on IV though.

As for me joining IV, I have joined as a user, contributed funds, and, made my contact info available to the core team to be considered as a volunteer. Anything else anyone wants from me, send me a PM and we shall take it from there.

Last edited by qualified_trash; 05-16-2006 at 02:01 PM.

Old 05-16-2006, 11:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
amoljak is just really nice amoljak is just really nice amoljak is just really nice amoljak is just really nice amoljak is just really nice
Default Freedom of speech

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijualex29
Moderator;
Can you remove this tread from here.
It is an option in CIR. They are not forcing you to join. If you like it join it or reject it.
However do not get offence.
Not letting people express their opinions is against the American way. An American would say: "I would die to protect your right to disagree with me"... Here you don't silence people by shouting at them or removing posts, you argue and convince them of your point of view.

That is one of the most important reason why I am trying to stay here. And I think most of us are...

Old 05-16-2006, 07:09 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Bangladesh
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcfrdsrvd is on a distinguished road
Default Agreed!

One thing that is undisputably great about US is the FREEDOM OF SPEECH. Let us not curtail that