Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2006, 09:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
abc is on a distinguished road
Default Join US Defence and get USC in 2 years..

I just saw this in new CIR. I think its good option for bachelors at least.

SEC. 751. NONCITIZEN MEMBERSHIP IN THE ARMED FORCES.

Section 329 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1440) is amended--

(1) in subsection (b), by striking `subsection (a)' and inserting `subsection (a) and (d)'; and

(2) by adding at the end the following:

`(d) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, except for provisions relating to revocation of citizenship under subsection (c), individuals who are not United States citizens shall not be denied the opportunity to apply for membership in the United States Armed Forces. Such individuals who become active duty members of the United States Armed Forces shall, consistent with subsections (a) through (e) and with the approval of their chain of command, be granted United States citizenship after performing at least 2 years of honorable and satisfactory service on active duty. Not later than 90 days after such requirements are met with respect to an individual, such individual shall be granted United States citizenship.

`(e) An alien described in subsection (d) shall be naturalized without regard to the requirements of title III of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1401 et seq.) and any other requirements, processes, or procedures of the Immigration and Naturalization Service, if the alien--

`(1) filed an application for naturalization in accordance with such procedures to carry out this section as may be established by regulation by the Secretary of Homeland Security or the Secretary of Defense;

`(2) demonstrates to his or her military chain of command, proficiency in the English language, good moral character, and knowledge of the Federal Government and United States history, consistent with the requirements contained in the Immigration and Nationality Act; and

`(3) takes the oath required under section 337 of such Act (8 U.S.C. 1448 et seq.) and participates in an oath administration ceremony in accordance with such Act.'.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2006, 09:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Only for desperates

If some is low on his confidence, yes this is an option. But why so desperate if you have skills and this country needs your skills.

Old 05-13-2006, 11:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default Military option for immigration

Its great if you can make it back alive from overseas wars. If you are dead, then what good is the citizenship/greencard.

Old 05-15-2006, 01:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold
Default why not??

I see no reason why this is not a good option. I am sure there are many jobs in the armed forces for people with good technical skills.

After all, if you are willing to move Congress for the ability to be allowed to live and flourish here, I see no reason why we cannot put our life on the line for the same. Then again if the intention is to only make money and let someone else eat the bullets, I am sure most of us (if not all) would be very successfull in life irrespective of geographic location.

Old 05-15-2006, 01:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
knnmbd is on a distinguished road
Default Amazing Desperation

It’s amazing how desperate people can get for a crummy green card. So are some of us guys prepared to spy on our country of origin for a GC next? Its shame full that educated people like us can even think of this. This thought of joining the U.S armed forces takes the cake and the icing too.

Old 05-15-2006, 01:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2005
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2007
Compare
Raju is on a distinguished road

Hey, Not that I am going to do this, but there are a lot of highly educated people doing this. Do not even say that doing military job or thinking about is shameful

Last edited by Raju; 05-15-2006 at 01:42 PM.

Old 05-15-2006, 01:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default No offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raju
Hey, Not that I am going to do this, but there are a lot of highly educated people doing this. Do not even say that doing military job or thinking about is shameful...
No offense, but I did not mean you.No a military job without the intent of a GC benefit is not a shameful thing.

Old 05-15-2006, 01:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2005
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2007
Compare
Raju is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by knnmbd
No offense, but I did not mean you.No a military job without the intent of a GC benefit is not a shameful thing.
This post makes absolute sense. You do a military job with passion and lot of people have that. Lets not think about it as a means to get GC

Old 05-15-2006, 01:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
learning01 is on a distinguished road
Default Such obscure threads don't help our image.

Let's drop this discussion.

Though US is having a all-volunteer army, folks like us who have applied to get GCs (and hence further down the road US citizenship) must be willing to do the service. So, we should foster and encourage getting into the services, before GC or after GC.

But for now, let us drop this Esoteric and obscure discussion. Let's concentrate on the senate bill coming up in the next one hour.

Old 05-15-2006, 01:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning01
Let's drop this discussion.

Though US is having a all-volunteer army, folks like us who have applied to get GCs (and hence further down the road US citizenship) must be willing to do the service. So, we should foster and encourage getting into the services, before GC or after GC.

But for now, let us drop this Esoteric and obscure discussion. Let's concentrate on the senate bill coming up in the next one hour.
One last note. That's after citizenship. I guess the desperation IS as high as the Himalayas.

Last edited by knnmbd; 05-15-2006 at 01:53 PM.

Old 05-15-2006, 01:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold

I am not sure how this hurts our image. Part of the problem that the American people have with any immigration bill, is the thinking that people come here when the going is good and want to jump ship when the going gets tough. If we want the elected representatives to hear us, does it not help our cause to get the people who elected them in the first place, on our side?? If we want to solve this problem for us and for future immigrants, which, is what I thought the intent of this group was, we need to address the concerns of every constituent that is impacted by Immigration and Immigration reform.

Sorry if I wasted precious bandwidth and/or disk storage....... Just kidding!!

Old 05-15-2006, 01:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute

What kinda jobs can we geeks even Do in the army?

Let's not forget most of us are 25+. We are mostly civilians and not people who ever wanted to join the army. Joining ANY army in any country takes pride, passion, dedication and a selflessness to die for the country.

Now if anyone on here is willing to do that, then yes by all means, this is an option to look into. However most of us here are to afraid to even come out and join IV and take a stand. Are we really going to go to the battlefront?

Sorry if i am touchin anyone's nerves, but this thought is REALLY amusing to me

Old 05-15-2006, 01:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

good one about joining the IV :-)

Old 05-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3_nepa

Let's not forget most of us are 25+. We are mostly civilians and not people who ever wanted to join the army. Joining ANY army in any country takes pride, passion, dedication and a selflessness to die for the country.

Now if anyone on here is willing to do that, then yes by all means, this is an option to look into. However most of us here are to afraid to even come out and join IV and take a stand. Are we really going to go to the battlefront?

Finally some one who will not sell his soul to the devil for a GC.And to add this "pride, passion, dedication and a selflessness to die for the country" usually comes with the deep sense of emotional bonding that is associated with land of birth(hopefully). Yeah I am sure people take a oath to give up all allegiance to our previous country of citizenship, take up arms if necessary and whatever else it takes for citizenship, but at the end of the day we are here for the money and a "better" life, so lets not kid each other by saying that we are prepared to turn in to mercenaries and fight for any thing as long as we get immigration benefit.

Last edited by knnmbd; 05-15-2006 at 02:06 PM.

Old 05-15-2006, 02:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default List of jobs for Non US Citizens

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3_nepa

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlis...noncitizen.htm

This link has a list. I am sure you can find a more comprehensive list if you spend a few minutes on Google.