Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2006, 05:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Berkeleybee is on a distinguished road
Default New Forum: IV Agenda and Legislative Strategy

All,

We had always intended these forums to be mainly focused on IV's agenda and legislative strategy.

Up till now, IV's agenda has mainly been discussed in the "Green Card Retrogression" forum. We are creating a forum where we will only discuss those issues -- "IV Agenda and Legislative Strategy"

Example Topics:

Forum: IV Agenda and Legislative Strategy

IV Fundraising, News Articles on CIR issues, Current Bill Text Analysis

Forum: Green Card Retrogression

Visa Bulletin, assorted I-485 issues

I would also like to gently remind you that IV does not condone or endorse any discussions of methods to outgame the system -- by filing paperwork that does not match the facts etc. Several members have drawn our attention to posts that come close to crossing this line.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2006, 09:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mchundi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkeleybee
All,

We had always intended these forums to be mainly focused on IV's agenda and legislative strategy.

Up till now, IV's agenda has mainly been discussed in the "Green Card Retrogression" forum. We are creating a forum where we will only discuss those issues -- "IV Agenda and Legislative Strategy"

Example Topics:

Forum: IV Agenda and Legislative Strategy

IV Fundraising, News Articles on CIR issues, Current Bill Text Analysis

Forum: Green Card Retrogression

Visa Bulletin, assorted I-485 issues

I would also like to gently remind you that IV does not condone or endorse any discussions of methods to outgame the system -- by filing paperwork that does not match the facts etc. Several members have drawn our attention to posts that come close to crossing this line.
BerkeleyBee,
Thanks for opening a seperate thread for this.

Looking at the proceedings for the last 2 days i feel those opposed to immigration r using the delaying tactic to somwhow push out and kill the bill. It also looks like some form of the bill will come out eventually.
There are enough provisions in the bill which will have a significant effect on retrogression when it becomes a law.

As the bill progresses in the senate and in the conference, they may push out the effective date ( for the bill to become a law) to get the house aboard.

I wonder if we can ask for some non controversial portions of the bill such as capturing unused VISA numbers (they must be 90K) to become law immediatly. This will ease retrogression significantly as there will be no country limits for those numbers.

Can we ask any Senator to bring such an amendment.
(remember those who r here illegally and who need to wait for 8 years to apply for G.C can wait an year more. Need i say about those stuck in the Employment based categories.)

--MC
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote