Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2006, 11:55 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nigeria
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dartkid31 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by anindya1234
Hi all,
We have authored a petition supporting the SKIL bill introduced by Senator Cronyn and the other legislations for increasing the number of employment-based green cards. Please read the petition online and sign at:

http://www.petitiononline.com/legalimm/petition.html

There are almost 3000 members in the forum, so there should be approximately 3000 signatures for the petition. More our numbers, stronger our voice is
Thanks
Anindya Chakraborty
"We urge the Senate, the House and the President to pass the SKIL bill and/or other legislation that would increase the annual cap on employment-based green cards and eliminate "visa retrogression"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but dosent CIR already include provisions to increase EB green cards to 450,000, exempting family members? I dont believe the SKIL bill increases EB based green cards more than that. Brownback's amendment eliminates hard country caps, and other good stuff.

"We urge the Senate, the House and the President to exempt individuals with advanced degrees in science and engineering from the annual cap of the employment based green card"

I believe this too is already in the bill. STEM + 3yr exp. are exempt from the cap. So unless CIR as it is fails, introducing SKIL or any other bill wouldnt be changing much of anything.
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 05-24-2006, 11:57 AM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/06/2007
Compare
anindya1234 will become famous soon enough anindya1234 will become famous soon enough
Default Congratulations!! We just touched 100 signatures

Way to go

Old 05-24-2006, 12:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jazzy2 is on a distinguished road
Default done it

signed the online petititon

Old 05-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2007
Compare
ksircar is a glorious beacon of light ksircar is a glorious beacon of light ksircar is a glorious beacon of light ksircar is a glorious beacon of light ksircar is a glorious beacon of light

Signed

Old 05-24-2006, 12:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute
Default I am talking to my Co-Workers

I am talking to my co-workers who are American Citizens and trying to convince them to sign the petition.

Old 05-24-2006, 12:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute
Default We should do more

Hi Everyone,

We should put every effort we can to get as many signatures we can, I would say at least 10,000. It sound a lot but if you think about how many people are stuck by this mess - aprox. 300K to 500K skilled EB immigrants and then their friends, family memebrs and co-workers. This will help us in the long run.

If required we should post on to the other forums run on the websites like

www.murthy.com
www.immigration.com

I hope lot of American Citizens would help us, as they value Skilled Immigrants like us. I have couple of American Citizen Co-workes sign the petition already.

Just a thought,

Old 05-24-2006, 01:00 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
Kushal is just really nice Kushal is just really nice Kushal is just really nice Kushal is just really nice
Thumbs up just signed..

I just signed and forwarded it to all people I know....Gotta be a good response!

Old 05-24-2006, 01:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Berkeleybee is on a distinguished road
Default Petition is Anindya's Private Effort Not Endorsed by IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu
Thanks Anindya1234 for your response.
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...30&Itemi d=36

has the text of the email you can add in the petition. you may also want to add a link to Immigrationvoice.org in that text. This will enable people who are not members of IV site to know about it when they sign the petition.

The drawback with online petition method is that its not reliable enough to make an impact on lawmakers. You only have names of people.

I appreciate your strategy of calling lawmakers in NY state explaining our plight.

Just to clarify: this is Anindya's private effort not endorsed by IV.

Please understand that we are working on getting CIR through the door. It may be counterproductive to support an alternative bill (SKIL Bill) at this juncture. We cannot seem to be undermining CIR even as we urge Senators to work our provisions in to it.

Supporting Sen Cornyn's SKIL like amendments to CIR is another matter altogether.

best,
Berkeleybee

Old 05-24-2006, 02:01 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/06/2007
Compare
anindya1234 will become famous soon enough anindya1234 will become famous soon enough
Default Thanks

Thanks for the clarification...We wrote this petition to further the cause of all the members of this forum. When we talked broadly about "SKIL bill and other legislations" we assumed that people will understand that we included the CIR provisions as well. However, it should be noted for the record that the three demands that we put forward at the end of the petition are in line with the goals and aspirations of the members of this forum. Moreover, it should not be forgotten that under similar circumstances last December, such a similar legislation was voted out by the House. We thought it would be a prudent idea to spread the word through IV, since it was the first organization that really took up our cause. It was our effort to complement the excellent job that IV is already doing.
Regards

Old 05-24-2006, 02:07 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/06/2007
Compare
Default Rejoinder

It was neither our intention nor goal to undermine the CIR bill....I think people are misinterpreting the petition.

Old 05-24-2006, 02:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Berkeleybee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by anindya1234
It was neither our intention nor goal to undermine the CIR bill....I think people are misinterpreting the petition.

Anindya,

We have been advised that it is not prudent to support an alternative bill at this time. We will when it is necessary.

Supporting an alternative bill to CIR when CIR is being debated does, according to sources on the hill, appear to undermine CIR.

I know that was not your intention, but we must listen to experienced counsel.

Also members on this forum do not know from your first post that the "we" in isn't IV. Just wanted to make it very clear that this is not an IV action.

best regards,
Berkeleybee

Old 05-24-2006, 03:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2005
Compare
BostonGCVictim is a glorious beacon of light BostonGCVictim is a glorious beacon of light BostonGCVictim is a glorious beacon of light BostonGCVictim is a glorious beacon of light BostonGCVictim is a glorious beacon of light

Anindya, you got the Senator's name wrong on your petition. Its Cornyn not Cronyn. :-)

Old 05-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
knnmbd is on a distinguished road
Default One voice

The advance degree provision is already on the CIR. This effort is counter productive and will add no value. We need to act as one group with one common goal. Please do not have run-away groups petitioning the senate for any new bills or amendments. We have had our voice heard and we should rest in peace and see this bill go through.

Last edited by knnmbd; 05-24-2006 at 03:43 PM.

Old 05-24-2006, 04:09 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/06/2007
Compare
Default Thank you all - our goal is the same;

Thank you all who have signed the petition. I expect more people to sign it. I acknowledge that the name of Senator Cornyn is mistyped as Cronyn, but that does not dilute the inherent message of the petition. Also, dear knnmbd, we are part of the same group and our goal is same....this is not an effort by a "runaway" group....we are all reasonable people here.So lets not attack each other, but focus on the task at hand and appreciate each other's efforts. The CIR will clear Senate (CNN reported just now)..thats great news..congratulations to everybody. But I think clearing the House will be a tougher battle. I think it does not harm our cause if we continue spreading the message by such means. Moreover, if anybody is offended in anyway about the content/phraseology of the petition, I apologise.

Closed Thread