Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2006, 04:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2005
Compare
BostonGCVictim is a glorious beacon of light BostonGCVictim is a glorious beacon of light BostonGCVictim is a glorious beacon of light BostonGCVictim is a glorious beacon of light BostonGCVictim is a glorious beacon of light

You mean the other is radical right. They're mostly conservative republicans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning01
We have limited time and we have to achieve a lot. Our time and efforts should be utilized in a much better way, don't you agree? I appreciate your posting of your links. And what is your point? Include as a small comment or note at the top. It is easy for any one to 'google' conference, immigration and bill to come up with a few thousand good and relevant link. If I post a good number of them, one would definitely be lost.

Posting links should serve a purpose here. The primary purpose is achieving IV goals. A smaller purpose could be to see what the other side is saying, but my suggestion is to ignore them in general.

I went to both the links; one of the I understand is a Libertarian organization and the other radical left. As anyone can see, they don't represent the views of mainstream America. So, it is a waste of time and effort and above all a distraction here. That's my advice.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-26-2006, 08:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
learning01 is on a distinguished road
Default Just heard Rep. Mark Udall (D- CO) from Longmont, CO

on 630 KHOW (Capliss & Silverman).

Congressman Udall spoke at length how the conference committee is formed, how it operates and how decisions are reached.

One thing he said is particularly noteworthy. He said, he reads his fellow congressmen and the mood of the House, and at this moment there are 300 congressmen (out of a total of 525) willing to vote in favor of the senate version of the comprehensive immigration bill as it is.

As I said in my posts elsewhere in IV, let's keep our eyes and ears open for the opnions of representatives and follow up on that.

Old 05-26-2006, 08:45 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nigeria
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of
Default AILAs take

AILAs take

Immigration In Conference

There are the three possible scenarios now that S.2611
has been handed to the House:

(1) the House does not name the conferees, hence no conference report and immigration reform dies this Fiscal year;

(2) the House names conferees and goes into a contentious conference, resulting in no conference report and immigration reform dies this Fiscal year;

(3) the House produces a conference report, immigration reform legislation is passed.

If immigration reform fails in conference, a statute could still ensue. There is still opportunity for a Republican vision of immigration reform, i.e. emphasis on enforcement, to be enacted, if House Republicans choose to attach such legislation with the appropriations bill during budget reconciliation. Stay tuned.

Old 05-26-2006, 10:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
ashshef is a glorious beacon of light ashshef is a glorious beacon of light ashshef is a glorious beacon of light ashshef is a glorious beacon of light ashshef is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe he had it confused with the Indian Parliament.

Old 05-26-2006, 10:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
waitnwatch is a splendid one to behold waitnwatch is a splendid one to behold waitnwatch is a splendid one to behold waitnwatch is a splendid one to behold waitnwatch is a splendid one to behold waitnwatch is a splendid one to behold waitnwatch is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashshef
Maybe he had it confused with the Indian Parliament.
I guess so .... but we should give learning01 the benefit of doubt given that learning01 is in a way the eyes and ears of IV.... keeping track of what's happening in the media.

That was a genuine slip (of no real consequence) and I definitely commend you on your efforts learning01!!

Old 05-26-2006, 11:20 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Compare
GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold
Default Conference committee members from Senate

Quote:
Originally Posted by approvemy485
Here is my guess on who will be in Conference from Senate side.

Sen.Specter, Sen.Cornyn, Sen.Kyl, Sen.Sessions, Sen.Brownback, Sen.Graham, Sen.Grassley, Sen.Kennedy, Sen.Durbin, Sen.Feinstein, Sen.Leahy, Sen.Feingold
You would not want to miss the sweet talking Jeff Sessions from Alabama with that Southern accent.

Sens. Specter, Hatch, Grassley, Kyl, DeWine, Sessions, and Graham (Seven senior-most Republicans), Leahy, Kennedy, Biden, Kohl, and Feinstein (Five senior-most Democrats).

Frist and Reid will select seven each from their respective parties to make up a total of 26.

Old 05-27-2006, 04:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2008
Compare
MerciesOfInjustices has a spectacular aura about MerciesOfInjustices has a spectacular aura about MerciesOfInjustices has a spectacular aura about
Default Did you mean 300 out of 435 Representatives?

Quote:

Congressman Udall spoke at length how the conference committee is formed, how it operates and how decisions are reached.

One thing he said is particularly noteworthy. He said, he reads his fellow congressmen and the mood of the House, and at this moment there are 300 congressmen (out of a total of 525) willing to vote in favor of the senate version of the comprehensive immigration bill as it is.

As I said in my posts elsewhere in IV, let's keep our eyes and ears open for the opnions of representatives and follow up on that.
300 out of 435 Reps is a huge and victorious number! Or, did you include the 100 Senators in the broad definition of Congressmen? Even, then 300-67 = 233 is a successful number in the House!

Old 05-27-2006, 09:18 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
beppenyc is on a distinguished road
Default the reality

is that this bill will easily pass also the House. The problem is that the Speaker and the house leader has some agreement that the only bill that goes to the floor must have the majority of the republicans votes. That is the reality. I am positive that if nothing happen this year, it will happen next year if the house will go under the Dems.
The reality is that a little group of republicans (not even conservator, Mc Cain and Flakle are conservator and you see their opinion) are agianst any type of immigration.

Quote:

Old 05-27-2006, 11:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
learning01 is on a distinguished road
Default Hey, thanks for the bouquets and brickbats...

Since I am older and wiser now, I can easily take them.

Yes, I must correct myself. It is not 525 (even though that is what the ever hurrying radio talk show hosts said).

That's even better. Percentage wise it is now 300/435. How about that?

I was away this morning for a big community project that I am involved in. I wanted to round that off with a morning brunch with the Congressman I quoted, but couldn't pull it off. I had met Mr. Mark Udall a couple of times in Friendship and Business Chamber get together in Denver, CO. He is a fine gentleman.

I prey his words come true at the earliest. Got to go. Have to mow the lawn, as per home minister/ interior secretary.
Bye. Ciao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitnwatch
I guess so .... but we should give learning01 the benefit of doubt given that learning01 is in a way the eyes and ears of IV.... keeping track of what's happening in the media.

That was a genuine slip (of no real consequence) and I definitely commend you on your efforts learning01!!

Old 05-27-2006, 11:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
waitnwatch is a splendid one to behold waitnwatch is a splendid one to behold waitnwatch is a splendid one to behold waitnwatch is a splendid one to behold waitnwatch is a splendid one to behold waitnwatch is a splendid one to behold waitnwatch is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Since I am older and wiser now, I can easily take them.

Yes, I must correct myself. It is not 525 (even though that is what the ever hurrying radio talk show hosts said).

That's even better. Percentage wise it is now 300/435. How about that?

I was away this morning for a big community project that I am involved in. I wanted to round that off with a morning brunch with the Congressman I quoted, but couldn't pull it off. I had met Mr. Mark Udall a couple of times in Friendship and Business Chamber get together in Denver, CO. He is a fine gentleman.

I prey his words come true at the earliest. Got to go. Have to mow the lawn, as per home minister/ interior secretary.
Bye. Ciao.
I have a quick question about Udall. He is the Boulder and Longmont representative and a Democrat. This gentleman though voted against S1932 (hope I got the December bill right) when it went to the house. Do correct me if I am wrong. That was an appropriations bill so his view on immigration may not directly be represented by his vote. Would you by any chance know where Udall himself stands on the whole issue.

Old 05-27-2006, 11:02 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute
Default Interesting, Hastert, our new Lou Dobbs/Senserbrenner type acquaintance?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...052201516.html

Old 05-29-2006, 01:07 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute
Question June 5th

I read Bill Frist has said that he plans to call the House-Senate Conference startig June 5th, right after the legislative recess. Does everyone agree?