Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2007
Compare
srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light
Angry VISAGATE scandal: Do we want this?

I know, we are all getting happier day by day as more and more insider information is leaking out.
We are cherishing the fact that some senators, soe higher ups in DOS, USCIS have broken the law and also the fact that anti-immigrants are behind this whole scandal.

But, wait......
What are we trying to get out of this scandal?
The bigger this scandal gets, the more screwed we will be.
So, we should make it look like only few people are involved and try to bargain for a sttlement instead of expanding this probe deeper into law makers.

I am afraid that we are destroying our own oppurtunities by digging deeper into july fiasco.

Assume all those rumours are true, what do you think will happen?
Investigation, court hearings and then may be a settlement. But all this will not happen within a month or two.

I think, IV core should take a handle on this whole issue and steer us through to get some mileage out of this.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-12-2007, 11:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
gimme Green!! is on a distinguished road
Default What you say makes sense.

As much as I dislike USCIS for what they did, looking far, they will put scrutiny into paperwork verification, name checks, etc and somehow the fallguys could still be us by getting pushed more to the wall, especially when things like security breach, etc are brought up.

What a mess, USCIS??

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikondoji
I know, we are all getting happier day by day as more and more insider information is leaking out.
We are cherishing the fact that some senators, soe higher ups in DOS, USCIS have broken the law and also the fact that anti-immigrants are behind this whole scandal.

But, wait......
So, we should make it look like only few people are involved and try to bargain for a sttlement instead of expanding this probe deeper into law makers.

I am afraid that we are destroying our own oppurtunities by digging deeper into july fiasco.

Investigation, court hearings and then may be a settlement. But all this will not happen within a month or two.

I think, IV core should take a handle on this whole issue and steer us through to get some mileage out of this.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/13/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yes , we need out Job done - That's it.

I mean we are not here to Probe and dig Govt scams and extreme politics.

Our goal should not divert - agreed - you made a valid Point

Quote:

But, wait......

Old 07-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2007
Compare
srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light
Angry

It looks like as more and more people are on the pulse of this scandals, we are loosing the sight of our goals and unknowingly on the warpath to score a point over the concerned agencies.
We need to mitigate this whole issue and bargain and immediately get out of it.

All this makes sense in the light of Chertoff's recent al-qaeda statements and the USCIS ignoring the security clearances in approving GCs.

I think Core should immediately drive this mess and land it safely instead of letting the mebers drive it to point of no return.

Just my 2 cents.
--sri

Quote:
Originally Posted by diptam
I mean we are not here to Probe and dig Govt scams and extreme politics.

Our goal should not divert - agreed - you made a valid Point

Old 07-12-2007, 11:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future
Exclamation Beyond our control now

[quote=srikondoji]
Investigation, court hearings and then may be a settlement. But all this will not happen within a month or two.QUOTE]

Do you REALLY think these events are happening because of our lobbying and because of our protests?? I'm afraid you are overstimating our strength.

1. Perennial tensions, miscommunication and hostility b/w DOS and USCIS have led to this point where they are.

2.Legislators, and Immigration lawyers-all US citizens- are fed up. More legislators are likely to show interest in the coming days on what the heck was going on at USCIS between 6/13/07 to 7/2/07. We can not do anything about this now. We don't have to make celebratory or hostile statments against USCIS. That's all we can do.

3. We haven't done anything wrong. We were victims and we have politely asked them to reconsider and enable us to get some interim benefits.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/24/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light

I award Phd to all Immigration Voice members on their research on Green Card related issues. Kudos !!!
Monthly $5 Contribution

"Success is not an event; itís a process"

Old 07-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United States
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
priderock is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you are trying to make it very simplistic. If the rumors are true it is a very big mess and beyond our control. You sound like IV can sit with some USCIS official and bargain. I don't think it is that simple and there are no good solutions to this.

What do you think IV shall and can do here ? Please elaborate !

I don't think IV is only entity fighting this.

Quote:

But, wait......

Old 07-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute
Default we might drive ourselves into a multi-year mess

agreed ...we are possibly venturing into an area where regulators might put a stop on any further visa authorizations until they "investigate" the mess; which we all know will be a multi-year ordeal.

"Total stop on employment based immigration" .. albeit temporary.... This would be an anti-immigration lobbyist's dream come true.
We need some control here.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2007
Compare

I agree and iam totally with you. We didnot move a thing and still the structures began to crumble under their own weight.

But Aila, our IV oragnaization and others could sit together and negotiate this whole mess with DOS and USCIS.

Also, DOS and or USCIS did not show any animosity so far towards us.
They want to talk to us.

So lets do it.
--sri

[quote=Legal]
Quote:
Investigation, court hearings and then may be a settlement. But all this will not happen within a month or two.QUOTE]

Do you REALLY think these events are happening because of our lobbying and because of our protests?? I'm afraid you are overstimating our strength.

1. Perennial tensions, miscommunication and hostility b/w DOS and USCIS have led to this point where they are.

2.Legislators, and Immigration lawyers-all US citizens- are fed up. More legislators are likely to show interest in the coming days on what the heck was going on at USCIS between 6/13/07 to 7/2/07. We can not do anything about this now. We don't have to make celebratory or hostile statments against USCIS. That's all we can do.

3. We haven't done anything wrong. We were victims and we have politely asked them to reconsider and enable us to get some interim benefits.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:04 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United States
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

[quote=srikondoji]I agree and iam totally with you. We didnot move a thing and still the structures began to crumble under their own weight.

But Aila, our IV oragnaization and others could sit together and negotiate this whole mess with DOS and USCIS.

Also, DOS and or USCIS did not show any animosity so far towards us.
They want to talk to us.

So lets do it.
--sri

What makes you believe they want to talk to us ?

Old 07-12-2007, 12:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shannonxi is on a distinguished road

Yes it's time to sit down and negotiate not keep digging. We need to focus on our goals and benefits.

We don't want to become political tools. A

Anything we can do to start the talk? Or should we deliver our voice to AILA?

Old 07-12-2007, 12:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of

"But Aila, our IV oragnaization and others could sit together and negotiate this whole mess with DOS and USCIS"

Buddy this is a gov agency, they are answerable to congress and whitehouse no one else. And congress does not act based solely on AILA and IV campaigns, if they smell dirty schemes, they have the authority to go after it.
The individual congressman(woman) may do this for a whole number of reasons.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of

btw we are just recipients of information.

The digging is being done by investigating attorneys..

Old 07-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United States
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonxi
Yes it's time to sit down and negotiate not keep digging. We need to focus on our goals and benefits.

We don't want to become political tools. A

Anything we can do to start the talk? Or should we deliver our voice to AILA?
What makes you think USCIS SIT WITH YOU and talk ? Why would they ? I dont see any indication of that.

Even if they talk what would be your demands ?
Accept all applications ?
Accept those reached by July 2 ?
Only those reached before 10.30 AM on Jul 2 ?
Those post marked before July 2 ?
Extend the time until end of AUG because some folks canceled their doctors appointments ?

This is very messy situations and there is no fair way out.

BTW , I can understand peoples enthusiasm on news paper reports about flower campaign. But just because it is reported in few news papers , we cant control every thing or any thing related to immigration.

We can however send more flowers and request them to be fair and considerate.

Last edited by priderock; 07-12-2007 at 12:11 PM.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United States
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

And all this digging is not to get mileage , but to make sure the process is fair and balanced.

This is mostly being done by the judicial and legislative means and that is called checks and balances.