Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

View Poll Results: File Now?
File before 27th July? 65 62.50%
Dont File and wait for next visa bulletin? 39 37.50%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future
Default Non Filers - File NOW Poll

File Now or dont file? Lawyers are all suggesting to file by 27th of this month. Post your opinion now.....
Attended DC rally
NC state chapter http://groups.google.com/group/iv-nc
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
illusions is on a distinguished road

Thats what my lawyer suggested that i do. I'm going ahead and filing... if they reject it, then i just wait till the next VB date so that i will know how many years i will have to wait. If anything changes from now till then and they do decide to accept it, then it should be all good.

The only loss at this point i see is the $1000 i will be spending on leagal fees, i'm willing to forgo that, and take a chance (which at the current time is 1%).

Old 07-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCchakravyuh is on a distinguished road

i hope we are not being misguided by the lawyers.. so that they can encash their pending cheqs. i am not very comfortable.. afterall we are violating the july bulletin by doing so.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusions
Thats what my lawyer suggested that i do. I'm going ahead and filing... if they reject it, then i just wait till the next VB date so that i will know how many years i will have to wait. If anything changes from now till then and they do decide to accept it, then it should be all good.

The only loss at this point i see is the $1000 i will be spending on leagal fees, i'm willing to forgo that, and take a chance (which at the current time is 1%).
My lawyer said $250 more, if USCIS rejects and we have to refile it. Please call your lawyer and see what they say.

$250 is not a bad deal i guess..
Attended DC rally

Last edited by leoindiano; 07-12-2007 at 03:41 PM.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
gimme Green!! is on a distinguished road
Default Cheapass Lawyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoindiano
My lawyer said $250 more, if USCIS rejects and we have to refile it. Please call your lawyer and see what they say.

$250 is not a bad deal i guess..
These liars will suck us dry. If they are filing now, and it is rejected, it is just resubmitting the same damn package of I-1485 application again. Why should they recharge ????

Old 07-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sodh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCchakravyuh
i hope we are not being misguided by the lawyers.. so that they can encash their pending cheqs. i am not very comfortable.. afterall we are violating the july bulletin by doing so.
What July bulletin violation are you talking about tommorow if they tell you and your family to leave US because they feel that US should remain Lily white will you leave without any questions just because they may make it legal.

Old 07-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare

Guys,

Not one lawyer. I spoke to about 5 freinds, all of their lawyers suggested them to file now. they said NO on July 2nd. Now, they are saying YES, NOW.
Attended DC rally

Old 07-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
Default bumping

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Attended DC rally

Old 07-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
Default bump

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Attended DC rally