Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2007, 02:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
shsk is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Hope tomorrow will be good day for all of us

Friday came and went past, Saturday passed off silently, Sunday still thinking what will happen tomorrow.
Let us hope Monday will be a good news for all Legal immigrants and our problems of PD fiasco will be solved.
Temporary or Permanent hope it will be good news to everyone :-)
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2007, 03:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shsk
Temporary or Permanent hope it will be good news to everyone :-)
Nothings gonna happen until you contribute, either morally or atleast fiscally. Thank you. Else, new members are the lame-est.
U.S. STEM Graduate been here since 1997 | >$15k for GC w/no end in sight

"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin, July 4th, 1776

Old 07-16-2007, 07:00 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Philippines
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Please be careful. Contribution is voluntary and some are not earning dollars but are still in their home country.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
ss99 is on a distinguished road

Not sure if this has been posted - the Wall Street Journal reporting this morning that USCIS is likely to announce, today, a decision that would allow for the acceptance of at least some I-485 applications this month. I don't have access to the online version, so can't paste the text of the article.

Keep your fingers crossed...

Old 07-16-2007, 08:17 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute

the whole text of WSJ news is availabe on "breaking news" thred

Old 07-16-2007, 08:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jasmin45 is infamous around these parts jasmin45 is infamous around these parts jasmin45 is infamous around these parts jasmin45 is infamous around these parts jasmin45 is infamous around these parts jasmin45 is infamous around these parts jasmin45 is infamous around these parts
Default Which thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd_recapturing
the whole text of WSJ news is availabe on "breaking news" thred
Could you please provide the link here? Did you mean to refer Big anouncement in 24 hours thread?

Old 07-16-2007, 08:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
TIND_CT is on a distinguished road
Default WSJ Article July 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmin45
Could you please provide the link here? Did you mean to refer Big anouncement in 24 hours thread?
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...10097&page=251

U.S. to Reverse
Some Denials
Of Work Visas
By MIRIAM JORDAN
July 16, 2007; Page A2

Looking to resolve a messy immigration tangle, the U.S. government is close to announcing that it will accept at least some applications for work-based green cards that were filed by thousands of skilled workers in early July at the government's invitation and then abruptly rejected.

Tens of thousands of skilled workers, many of them in the U.S. on temporary H1B visas, responded to an official invitation, in a June 12 "visa bulletin" issued by the State Department, to take the final step in July toward attaining U.S. permanent residency. That sent workers, their families and their employers scrambling to compile paperwork and meet other requirements such as medical exams. Normally, eligible employment-sponsored workers wait years for their numbers to be called.

Then, July 2, as applications poured into processing centers, the State Department announced in a bulletin "update" that no employment-based immigrant visas were left for the fiscal year ending Sept. 30 because of "sudden backlog reduction" by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. USCIS announced it would reject applications that it received.

People familiar with the situation say that officials are working out the final details of a plan that would at least partially rectify the problem.

It isn't clear, however, whether the immigration agency will now accept all applications and process them later, accept only those that have arrived, or come up with some other approach.

The July 2 decision provoked outrage among immigration lawyers, foreign workers and their employers. July 5, Microsoft Corp. announced that it plans soon to open a software-development center in Vancouver, Canada, with a view to "recruit and retain highly skilled people affected by immigration issues in the U.S." The announcement sent a clear signal to the government of the high-tech industry's dissatisfaction with the visa situation.

July 6, a large Chicago immigration law firm filed a lawsuit seeking class-action status against the government. Separately, the American Immigration Law Foundation, a nonprofit group, said it will file this week its own suit seeking class-action status.

Meanwhile, disgruntled green-card applicants cried foul, saying they had been unfairly treated by the government despite playing by the rules.

July 10, they registered their disappointment at the immigration system by dispatching hundreds of flower bouquets to the office of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services chief Emilio Gonzalez.

The next day, Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-Calif.), whose district includes Silicon Valley, sent a letter to Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff requesting "all correspondence, emails, memoranda, notes, field guidance or other documentation" leading to the immigration system's about-face July 2.

The problem may have resulted from a communications breakdown between the State Department, which issues a monthly bulletin detailing who is eligible to file a green-card application, and USCIS, which processes the visa applications. The State Department has said that its role is to ensure that every visa slot available is used. In the past, however, the immigration agency has failed to use all of the slots.

Write to Miriam Jordan at miriam.jordan@wsj.com

Old 07-16-2007, 09:10 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Philippines
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold

DOS may release a revised July VB to show some 'priority dates' or may opt to release the visas in August VB. Whatever they choose to do will be atleast something good of some of us but not for everybody.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunRN
DOS may release a revised July VB to show some 'priority dates' or may opt to release the visas in August VB. Whatever they choose to do will be atleast something good of some of us but not for everybody.
If, they release some visas in August, what will be the fate of applications already in their mail room.... This would lead to more confusion.. Also accepting only the application already in the mail room, sets stage for anotherlaw suit, for folks who had not applied due to the confusion DOS created.... but with much earlier PD. So this is kinda tricky... They have to come with some sort of solution such that they don't penalise folks waiting for longer time...

Old 07-16-2007, 09:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cjagtap is on a distinguished road

according to Greg, USCIS will accept only small amount of applications which came in July..how will they decide which application to accept ?

Old 07-16-2007, 10:06 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/05/2006
Chargeability
:
Poland
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/31/2007
Compare
glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjagtap
according to Greg, USCIS will accept only small amount of applications which came in July..how will they decide which application to accept ?
If they accept 1 application that came in in July, it will cause a lots of lawsuits. So I don't think they will elect to do so. They probably will come out with a different idea. They are trying to minimize the likelihood of law suits.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:09 AM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vasa is a jewel in the rough vasa is a jewel in the rough vasa is a jewel in the rough vasa is a jewel in the rough
Question

guys any idea/bets when if at all we gonna hear this news!!!!

Old 07-16-2007, 10:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Brazil
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
alseethis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cygent
Nothings gonna happen until you contribute, either morally or atleast fiscally. Thank you. Else, new members are the lame-est.
Ok, I see you contribute every month. Did you get your GC because of that?
Not to discourage any contribution, IV does he job, but you should stop for a minute a do a reality check. Not because someone is a senior member he deserves less the gc than you. Everybody here is in the some boat...

Old 07-16-2007, 11:01 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lkrastogi is a splendid one to behold lkrastogi is a splendid one to behold lkrastogi is a splendid one to behold lkrastogi is a splendid one to behold lkrastogi is a splendid one to behold lkrastogi is a splendid one to behold lkrastogi is a splendid one to behold lkrastogi is a splendid one to behold
Default Anything yet

So far any news guys?

Old 07-16-2007, 11:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
blewstream is infamous around these parts blewstream is infamous around these parts blewstream is infamous around these parts blewstream is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrastogi
So far any news guys?
Wall Street Journal reports this morning that the USCIS is poised to announce its change of initial decision to reject all the July 2007 EB-485 new cases. The report indicates that they intend to accept and process some early July filing cases. Please stay tuned. Hmm...................................

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1184..._whats_news_us

Dont understand where it is going now..