Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2007, 03:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Compare
beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute
Default feed from my lawyer regarding big announcement

Feed from my lawyer

Several sources have now reported that high-level agency discussions on solutions to the July 2007 Visa Bulletin crisis are underway and could result in a new opportunity for certain eligible foreign nationals to submit adjustment of status applications. Apparently, no final decision has been reached, and it is difficult to predict with absolute certainty what the final outcome will be or when an announcement might be made.
__________________________________________________ _______

Several sources have reported that high-level discussions are now taking place within the government concerning a possible solution to the July 2007 Visa Bulletin crisis. As a result of these discussions, there have been indications that U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) could change course on its position regarding acceptance of applications for adjustment of status, in whole or in part, and create a new opportunity to submit adjustment cases. Some reports have indicated that cases submitted on July 2 will now be accepted for filing, while other reports have suggested that there will be a completely new window of opportunity to submit cases. Apparently, several options are being considered.

Sources caution that the government has not reached a final decision on this matter, and there are no concrete details concerning the mechanics of any future filing opportunity. It is important to note that in the current climate of swift policy reversals and rampant rumors, it is possible that any tentative agreement on reopening an adjustment submission period could falter
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sumansk is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the update..But the 'bueatifulmind' cannot 'waitendless'
"Rally contribution-$100.00"

Old 07-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
hotbread1 has a brilliant future hotbread1 has a brilliant future hotbread1 has a brilliant future hotbread1 has a brilliant future hotbread1 has a brilliant future hotbread1 has a brilliant future hotbread1 has a brilliant future hotbread1 has a brilliant future hotbread1 has a brilliant future hotbread1 has a brilliant future hotbread1 has a brilliant future

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Old 07-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute

this post is a great example of diplomatically writing a lot and actually saying nothing ... way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulMind
Feed from my lawyer

Several sources have now reported that high-level agency discussions on solutions to the July 2007 Visa Bulletin crisis are underway and could result in a new opportunity for certain eligible foreign nationals to submit adjustment of status applications. Apparently, no final decision has been reached, and it is difficult to predict with absolute certainty what the final outcome will be or when an announcement might be made.
__________________________________________________ _______

Several sources have reported that high-level discussions are now taking place within the government concerning a possible solution to the July 2007 Visa Bulletin crisis. As a result of these discussions, there have been indications that U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) could change course on its position regarding acceptance of applications for adjustment of status, in whole or in part, and create a new opportunity to submit adjustment cases. Some reports have indicated that cases submitted on July 2 will now be accepted for filing, while other reports have suggested that there will be a completely new window of opportunity to submit cases. Apparently, several options are being considered.

Sources caution that the government has not reached a final decision on this matter, and there are no concrete details concerning the mechanics of any future filing opportunity. It is important to note that in the current climate of swift policy reversals and rampant rumors, it is possible that any tentative agreement on reopening an adjustment submission period could falter
Approved on 9/9/9
FL chapter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FL_Immigration_Voice
$100 through Google Order, Plus supported almost all campaigns big and small
-:- from one great country to another
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoiceThank you.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Old 07-16-2007, 03:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
pa_arora is infamous around these parts pa_arora is infamous around these parts pa_arora is infamous around these parts pa_arora is infamous around these parts pa_arora is infamous around these parts pa_arora is infamous around these parts pa_arora is infamous around these parts pa_arora is infamous around these parts pa_arora is infamous around these parts

I liked ur signature...BTW what country r u from?

Old 07-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulgc
this post is a great example of diplomatically writing a lot and actually saying nothing ... way to go!
I beg to disagree - I think if you read between the lines it is quite clear that potential solutions are being discussed. A solution may be announced but NOT within the 24 hrs that we all are expecting. It may lead to a deadlock in which case the lawsuit would be one of our recourse.

I think we all got a little carried away by the 24HR time frame from Core.

Old 07-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by delax
I beg to disagree - I think if you read between the lines it is quite clear that potential solutions are being discussed. A solution may be announced but NOT within the 24 hrs that we all are expecting. It may lead to a deadlock in which case the lawsuit would be one of our recourse.

I think we all got a little carried away by the 24HR time frame from Core.
Whats new about this news? We have been hearing this since Thursday evening.

Old 07-16-2007, 03:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/18/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/02/2007
Compare
karthiknv143 will become famous soon enough
Default Any updates?

r there any updates to anything ?

Old 07-16-2007, 03:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by howzatt
Whats new about this news? We have been hearing this since Thursday evening.
I hope it does not - but it may also happen that a solution is not reached and our only option then is a lawsuit. Think of it this way - the longer there is no news the more likelyhood there is a deadlock.

Old 07-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2002
Chargeability
:
Australia
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2002
Compare
inetuser is on a distinguished road

Here is the update we have been waiting for

USCIS has announced that on Wed, Jul 18, 2007, from 9:00pm ET until Thur at 1:00am ET, the INFOPASS appointment system will be unavailable for a scheduled upgrade. USCIS customers will see some minor changes to the appointment screens on Thur, Jul 19, 2007.

Old 07-16-2007, 04:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by inetuser
Here is the update we have been waiting for

USCIS has announced that on Wed, Jul 18, 2007, from 9:00pm ET until Thur at 1:00am ET, the INFOPASS appointment system will be unavailable for a scheduled upgrade. USCIS customers will see some minor changes to the appointment screens on Thur, Jul 19, 2007.
Thanks. If I read this correctly, it means that everyone is eligible to apply for 485.

Old 07-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
murali77 can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by howzatt
Thanks. If I read this correctly, it means that everyone is eligible to apply for 485.

How can you say that ? Please explain
Murali

Old 07-16-2007, 04:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Canada
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
swo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by murali77
How can you say that ? Please explain
Murali
Dude. He was joking.

Old 07-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

This is just a recycle of WSJ article that came out today. Nothing new. IV posted this last Friday already and we were the first. Please use your judgment and not use such comments as inside information.

Last edited by pappu; 07-16-2007 at 04:37 PM.

Old 07-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of
Default -

You've got to hand it to these attorneys. They have a way of writing a lot without saying anything.

Sheela Murthy excels in this art. In this situation, should we still file for 485 or not? She will write a whole page on this and finally say you have to make that decision yourself.

Thank you, but I already know that one!