Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2007, 03:02 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Compare
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 170
beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute beautifulMind has a reputation beyond repute
Default feed from my lawyer regarding big announcement

Feed from my lawyer



Several sources have now reported that high-level agency discussions on solutions to the July 2007 Visa Bulletin crisis are underway and could result in a new opportunity for certain eligible foreign nationals to submit adjustment of status applications. Apparently, no final decision has been reached, and it is difficult to predict with absolute certainty what the final outcome will be or when an announcement might be made.
__________________________________________________ _______



Several sources have reported that high-level discussions are now taking place within the government concerning a possible solution to the July 2007 Visa Bulletin crisis. As a result of these discussions, there have been indications that U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) could change course on its position regarding acceptance of applications for adjustment of status, in whole or in part, and create a new opportunity to submit adjustment cases. Some reports have indicated that cases submitted on July 2 will now be accepted for filing, while other reports have suggested that there will be a completely new window of opportunity to submit cases. Apparently, several options are being considered.

Sources caution that the government has not reached a final decision on this matter, and there are no concrete details concerning the mechanics of any future filing opportunity. It is important to note that in the current climate of swift policy reversals and rampant rumors, it is possible that any tentative agreement on reopening an adjustment submission period could falter
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 152
sumansk is on a distinguished road
Default

Thanks for the update..But the 'bueatifulmind' cannot 'waitendless'
__________________
With the self unattached to external contacts he finds happiness in the Self; with the self engaged in the meditation of Brahman he attains to the endless happiness.
-Gita Ch.5, verse 21
"Flowers Sent"
"Rally contribution-$100.00"
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4
hotbread1 has a brilliant future hotbread1 has a brilliant future hotbread1 has a brilliant future hotbread1 has a brilliant future hotbread1 has a brilliant future hotbread1 has a brilliant future hotbread1 has a brilliant future hotbread1 has a brilliant future hotbread1 has a brilliant future hotbread1 has a brilliant future hotbread1 has a brilliant future
Default

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 488
hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute
Default

this post is a great example of diplomatically writing a lot and actually saying nothing ... way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulMind
Feed from my lawyer



Several sources have now reported that high-level agency discussions on solutions to the July 2007 Visa Bulletin crisis are underway and could result in a new opportunity for certain eligible foreign nationals to submit adjustment of status applications. Apparently, no final decision has been reached, and it is difficult to predict with absolute certainty what the final outcome will be or when an announcement might be made.
__________________________________________________ _______



Several sources have reported that high-level discussions are now taking place within the government concerning a possible solution to the July 2007 Visa Bulletin crisis. As a result of these discussions, there have been indications that U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) could change course on its position regarding acceptance of applications for adjustment of status, in whole or in part, and create a new opportunity to submit adjustment cases. Some reports have indicated that cases submitted on July 2 will now be accepted for filing, while other reports have suggested that there will be a completely new window of opportunity to submit cases. Apparently, several options are being considered.

Sources caution that the government has not reached a final decision on this matter, and there are no concrete details concerning the mechanics of any future filing opportunity. It is important to note that in the current climate of swift policy reversals and rampant rumors, it is possible that any tentative agreement on reopening an adjustment submission period could falter
__________________
-------------------------------------
hopefulgc
EB2 Apr 2004
Approved on 9/9/9
FL chapter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FL_Immigration_Voice
$100 through Google Order, Plus supported almost all campaigns big and small
-:- from one great country to another
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoiceThank you.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2007, 03:18 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 255
pa_arora is infamous around these parts pa_arora is infamous around these parts pa_arora is infamous around these parts pa_arora is infamous around these parts pa_arora is infamous around these parts pa_arora is infamous around these parts pa_arora is infamous around these parts pa_arora is infamous around these parts pa_arora is infamous around these parts
Default

I liked ur signature...BTW what country r u from?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 193
delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulgc
this post is a great example of diplomatically writing a lot and actually saying nothing ... way to go!
I beg to disagree - I think if you read between the lines it is quite clear that potential solutions are being discussed. A solution may be announced but NOT within the 24 hrs that we all are expecting. It may lead to a deadlock in which case the lawsuit would be one of our recourse.

I think we all got a little carried away by the 24HR time frame from Core.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 130
howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by delax
I beg to disagree - I think if you read between the lines it is quite clear that potential solutions are being discussed. A solution may be announced but NOT within the 24 hrs that we all are expecting. It may lead to a deadlock in which case the lawsuit would be one of our recourse.

I think we all got a little carried away by the 24HR time frame from Core.
Whats new about this news? We have been hearing this since Thursday evening.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2007, 03:49 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/18/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 309
karthiknv143 will become famous soon enough
Default Any updates?

r there any updates to anything ?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2007, 03:51 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 193
delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by howzatt
Whats new about this news? We have been hearing this since Thursday evening.
I hope it does not - but it may also happen that a solution is not reached and our only option then is a lawsuit. Think of it this way - the longer there is no news the more likelyhood there is a deadlock.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #10 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2002
Chargeability
:
Australia
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2002
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9
inetuser is on a distinguished road
Default

Here is the update we have been waiting for

USCIS has announced that on Wed, Jul 18, 2007, from 9:00pm ET until Thur at 1:00am ET, the INFOPASS appointment system will be unavailable for a scheduled upgrade. USCIS customers will see some minor changes to the appointment screens on Thur, Jul 19, 2007.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #11 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2007, 04:00 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 130
howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inetuser
Here is the update we have been waiting for

USCIS has announced that on Wed, Jul 18, 2007, from 9:00pm ET until Thur at 1:00am ET, the INFOPASS appointment system will be unavailable for a scheduled upgrade. USCIS customers will see some minor changes to the appointment screens on Thur, Jul 19, 2007.
Thanks. If I read this correctly, it means that everyone is eligible to apply for 485.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #12 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 40
murali77 can only hope to improve
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by howzatt
Thanks. If I read this correctly, it means that everyone is eligible to apply for 485.

How can you say that ? Please explain
Murali
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #13 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2007, 04:28 PM
swo swo is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Canada
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 116
swo is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murali77
How can you say that ? Please explain
Murali
Dude. He was joking.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #14 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6,423
Blog Entries: 6
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default

This is just a recycle of WSJ article that came out today. Nothing new. IV posted this last Friday already and we were the first. Please use your judgment and not use such comments as inside information.

Last edited by pappu; 07-16-2007 at 04:37 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #15 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 714
kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of
Default -

You've got to hand it to these attorneys. They have a way of writing a lot without saying anything.

Sheela Murthy excels in this art. In this situation, should we still file for 485 or not? She will write a whole page on this and finally say you have to make that decision yourself.

Thank you, but I already know that one!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The IV latest threads RSS feed is back. magnolia8575 News articles and reports 8 11-04-2008 10:21 AM
RSS feed for IV Latest Threads magnolia8575 News articles and reports 6 08-24-2007 08:37 PM
RSS feed for ImmigrationVoice geesee Action Items for everyone 1 08-21-2007 05:04 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org