Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2007, 02:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gangster is on a distinguished road
Default New Business Week Article updated July 16,2007, 11.53PM

http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/...eek+exclusives

Latest article says Protests pay off.

Way to go IV!!!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2007, 02:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
yawl can only hope to improve

This is a very good one. It mentioned per-country-limit and wasted visa numbers.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
malibuguy007 is a glorious beacon of light malibuguy007 is a glorious beacon of light malibuguy007 is a glorious beacon of light malibuguy007 is a glorious beacon of light malibuguy007 is a glorious beacon of light malibuguy007 is a glorious beacon of light

Very well written article indeed and quite balanced.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
guy03062 is a glorious beacon of light guy03062 is a glorious beacon of light guy03062 is a glorious beacon of light guy03062 is a glorious beacon of light guy03062 is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Excellent article...

kudos to ImmigrationVoice's core team and its members, especially flower campaign and San Jose rally. Apart from Congresswoman Lofgren, IV is the one who really added immense pressure on Govt by their root level activites.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2004
Compare
delhikadesi is infamous around these parts delhikadesi is infamous around these parts delhikadesi is infamous around these parts delhikadesi is infamous around these parts delhikadesi is infamous around these parts delhikadesi is infamous around these parts delhikadesi is infamous around these parts delhikadesi is infamous around these parts delhikadesi is infamous around these parts delhikadesi is infamous around these parts
Default great news

All thanks to people who participated in SJ rally and IV for hosting it.
I also left a comment for editor as a note of thanks..

In any issue these days media support is must and with our unity in IV, we are able to get that.

Way to go..

Old 07-17-2007, 02:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute
Default What is this statement at the end?

Quote:
But that idea may face long odds. AILA's Kuck says that current law prohibits green cards from one year to be used in other years. And he thinks there is no appetite in either Congress or the White House for writing new pro-immigration legislation, after the comprehensive immigration reform proposal went down in flames earlier this summer. "I don't think they'd touch the issue with a 10-foot pole," says Kuck. "This issue has become radioactive."
Which law prohibits usage of unused visa numbers? I guess that is one of our provisions that we are demanding.
- Fight global warming/climate change.
(http://savetheplanet4kids.blogspot.com/)<=

Old 07-17-2007, 02:53 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCchakravyuh is on a distinguished road

Thanks to Business week for well presenting the facts...

Old 07-17-2007, 03:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of

great news.

new important points:
1."Also under discussion is whether green cards that have gone unused in previous years could be used this year. As a result, one possible scenario is that the number of high-skilled workers who gain permanent residency in the U.S. this year could swell to more than twice the historical level. "They've got to do something," says one congressional staffer close to the discussions. "

2."Perhaps the most acute pressure on the Bush Administration is coming from Representative Zoe Lofgren (D-Calif.),...the last thing the Administration wants is for the details of the "bureaucratic, nightmarish snafu" to become public"

Just hoping that by some miracle tomorrows news is even better than expected.

BTW its the title of the article which says its all "The Gandhi Protests Pay Off". Please note its not something like "Govt yields under threat of law suits and immigrants protests"

Last edited by justAnotherFile; 07-17-2007 at 03:15 AM.

Old 07-17-2007, 03:46 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Philippines
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold

How can we sleep? OMG, the wait is exciting...it excites all my nerves...

Old 07-17-2007, 03:53 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCchakravyuh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by justAnotherFile
great news.

new important points:
1."Also under discussion is whether green cards that have gone unused in previous years could be used this year. As a result, one possible scenario is that the number of high-skilled workers who gain permanent residency in the U.S. this year could swell to more than twice the historical level. "They've got to do something," says one congressional staffer close to the discussions. "

2."Perhaps the most acute pressure on the Bush Administration is coming from Representative Zoe Lofgren (D-Calif.),...the last thing the Administration wants is for the details of the "bureaucratic, nightmarish snafu" to become public"

Just hoping that by some miracle tomorrows news is even better than expected.

BTW its the title of the article which says its all "The Gandhi Protests Pay Off". Please note its not something like "Govt yields under threat of law suits and immigrants protests"
the celebration of point 1) above gets contradicted by the passimistic fact written at the end of same article :
(((But that idea may face long odds. AILA's Kuck says that current law prohibits green cards from one year to be used in other years. And he thinks there is no appetite in either Congress or the White House for writing new pro-immigration legislation, after the comprehensive immigration reform proposal went down in flames earlier this summer. "I don't think they'd touch the issue with a 10-foot pole," says Kuck. "This issue has become radioactive." )))

Old 07-17-2007, 03:59 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Philippines
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold

All I can expect at best is that "extend up to August"....meaning, from July to end August...but will it be "current"?