Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2007, 02:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
immi_twinges is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Are you guys okay waiting years for GC

I don't know why but we tend to be satisfied with lsmall benefits...
I agree with you "something (EAD and AP) is better than nothing"
But i bet you ..you will find your self in the same situation of agony and endless waiting for the final Green card.
I bet most of the people don't use your ead and AP as it puts you in a gray "Adjustment of status". They are good to have though. But you will see...how painful it is to decide to use them or not..

What i want to say is that being able to apply for EAD and AP is not the end of the battle..you will be stuck in a depressing situation waiting for the final green card.How do i know? .. I went through it...waiting for GC for the past 4 years.

I dont know its FBI or its just the USCIS incompetence but waiting in the final stage is horrible. Every time you travel you are scared...AP as for as my lawyer goes IT does not guarantee 100% entry in to the country.

After you apply for AP its only 1 year H1 increments.

What i am saying why dont we try for the overall improvement of the GC processing. Why dont we be firm about not wasting the GC numbers and recapturing the unused numbers.

We had a small revolt (peaceful way) and its successful.We dont want to stop there.

LETS FIGHT FOR THE OVERALL IMPROVEMENT OF THE GC PROCESSING

I hope you guys are with me..looking for your comments
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2007, 02:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
VMH_GC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Something is better than Nothing.

I don't care when i would get the Green card. what i want is interim relief (AP and EAD). Something is better than Nothing.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
$eeGrEeN is a jewel in the rough $eeGrEeN is a jewel in the rough $eeGrEeN is a jewel in the rough

what other option do you have !!!!

Old 07-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shankar_thanu will become famous soon enough
Default long term

Yeah, we have to focus on long term relief. Getting AP and EAD is not a long term solution. I was hoping 'capturing unused numbers' or something better would happen with this July fiasco fix, does not seem to be happening now.

Hopefully this DREAM act will trigger more amendments like 'no limits on STEM EB visas' to get into pending bills...

Old 07-17-2007, 02:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2005
Compare
arrarrgee is an unknown quantity at this point

As someone mentioned on the other popst..DREAM ACT is for the children of illegal immigrants...not for the legal ones...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar_thanu
Yeah, we have to focus on long term relief. Getting AP and EAD is not a long term solution. I was hoping 'capturing unused numbers' or something better would happen with this July fiasco fix, does not seem to be happening now.

Hopefully this DREAM act will trigger more amendments like 'no limits on STEM EB visas' to get into pending bills...

Old 07-17-2007, 02:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Focus on improving GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrarrgee
As someone mentioned on the other popst..DREAM ACT is for the children of illegal immigrants...not for the legal ones...
Dream act is for illegals only.
We should not rest with the ability to apply for the EAD and AP. I bet you you will realize its no good in near future.May be your spouse can work. But it is very frustrating.
AOS is gray area... some thing must be done to fix this waiting time

Old 07-17-2007, 02:32 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
peacock is a name known to all peacock is a name known to all peacock is a name known to all peacock is a name known to all peacock is a name known to all peacock is a name known to all
Default Recapturing lost no's

Hi

I agree that recapturing lost no's from previous years will be the best possible solution.But to do that we need intervention from the congress and the President needs to sign a bill to recapture the lost no's.To accomplish this goal we need to keep up the momentum generated from this june bulletin fiasco and intensify our lobbying efforts in Washington.
Kudo's to the IV core for their strong campaign in championing our cause.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default you will realise later

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMH_GC
I don't care when i would get the Green card. what i want is interim relief (AP and EAD). Something is better than Nothing.
Can your spouse work? ...yes
What will be her status if she uses EAD?.... GRAY area no one knows
What if you get GC first and some problem with your wifes petition?....Gray area no one knows
What if your wife is on F1 (got EAD and AP) and she graduates waiting for a long time for GC ..can she jump to another status ...Gray area..If yes any problem with her status...no one knows
Can you start business on EAD...GRAY area no one knows

Do you think they will allow you to travel on H1 all the time if you have AP... for some luck ones yes but for some others nope...they are forced to use AP..

Its much horrible after getting EAD and AP and waiting....

Well you will realize " Nothing is better than nonsense...interim state"

Its good to have EAD and AP but its not worth waiting for so long after you get them.

We were successful in bring in some change...why don't we work a little bit more to fix the system and get the GC faster..

"Jab Loha garam hein..tabhi kuch karneka hein...whatever...

All i want to state is lets continue...and dont give up until tere is improvement with the GC

Old 07-17-2007, 02:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Lets keep the momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacock
Hi

I agree that recapturing lost no's from previous years will be the best possible solution.But to do that we need intervention from the congress and the President needs to sign a bill to recapture the lost no's.To accomplish this goal we need to keep up the momentum generated from this june bulletin fiasco and intensify our lobbying efforts in Washington.
Kudo's to the IV core for their strong campaign in championing our cause.
Did you ever dream that USCIS will respond and have the flower campaign on ther website...
I didnt atleast.

President is in favour of illegal immigration and may be legal too.. but he cant go for new laws until he fixes the legal immigration syatem.

The momentum is really goes now...lets keep it going...

Old 07-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jessie1981 is on a distinguished road

i am with you. we should request that USCIS recapture unused visas!

Old 07-17-2007, 03:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Thumbs up lets come up with the a plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie1981
Lets ask Core not to just go with the temporary fix of July visa bulliten.
We might apply for EAD and AP but what if they throw our papers some where and repeat the same thing.
This time they will be very careful in issuing visa bulliten

In future very slow progression in visa dates...adjudicating cases very slowly always stating that due to july visa bulliten we have lots of cases ...we will not be able to do anything until we sort ou...blah blah...

This is not the fix
We should be firm with our goals...

Lets come up with some ideas....
Lets not ask what to do...lets think and come up with an idea...and then we shall decide if it works or not...
When some one first suggested flower campaign everyone took it as a joke...it was not implemented before some one sent the flowers and showed the receipt number...

I was following core for a long time...this the biggest response i have ever seen from the members...

Lets continue it...

My idea ...lets not just accept the temporary fix...we should fight the congress until they come up with a plan of fixing the GC issue.

The congress talks about fixing illegal immigration..Lets ask them to fix the legal immigration first.

Unless we are really strong about it...nothing can be accomplished..

They cant fix the existing legal system but they are ready with the plans of fixing illegal immigration...of course it failed but still they had big impact...

Last edited by immi_twinges; 07-17-2007 at 03:27 PM.

Old 07-17-2007, 03:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
mheggade is just really nice mheggade is just really nice mheggade is just really nice mheggade is just really nice mheggade is just really nice
Default USCIS cannot recapture unused visas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie1981
Guys , I think this issue has been discussed lot of times.
1) USCIS do not allot immigrant visas, It is alloted by DOS.
2) DOS needs a fix in the current EB laws to capture unused visa.
3) I am not sure if we can push any change in law, given the current Iraq war quagmire.

But I hope they speed up the overall application processing times, with all the increased Fee money they will get from July 30th (by investing money on IT).

Old 07-17-2007, 03:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Will they improve their system after July 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mheggade
Guys , I think this issue has been discussed lot of times.
1) USCIS do not allot immigrant visas, It is alloted by DOS.
2) DOS needs a fix in the current EB laws to capture unused visa.
3) I am not sure if we can push any change in law, given the current Iraq war quagmire.

But I hope they speed up the overall application processing times, with all the increased Fee money they will get from July 30th (by investing money on IT).
With the increased fees...Are they ready to promise us they will decreasing the processing times... and not waste visa numbers...

Old 07-17-2007, 04:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shankar_thanu will become famous soon enough
Default long term

I understand DREAM act is not related to EB issues. What I meant was, just like how DREAM act is being added to an unrelated bill, we should work on adding things like 'unlimited STEM visas' and 'recapture unused numbers' to other bills and get them passed.

IV core will need lot of support to do accomplish this, hope at least some of the folks who got into IV because of the july fiasco contribute funds.

Old 07-17-2007, 04:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
delhiguy has a spectacular aura about delhiguy has a spectacular aura about

I am totally with you , I am not looking for EAD/AP I just need my GC.So that i can plan my life.
We need more efforts to request the government to look into our problems.
I pay lot of taxes, social security and still its easier for others to get a GC and not me...

I also belive we should not use Gandhigiri , to request something , which was against the priniciples of Gandhi... but sab chalta hai..

Quote:
Originally Posted by immi_twinges
I don't know why but we tend to be satisfied with lsmall benefits...
I agree with you "something (EAD and AP) is better than nothing"
But i bet you ..you will find your self in the same situation of agony and endless waiting for the final Green card.
I bet most of the people don't use your ead and AP as it puts you in a gray "Adjustment of status". They are good to have though. But you will see...how painful it is to decide to use them or not..

What i want to say is that being able to apply for EAD and AP is not the end of the battle..you will be stuck in a depressing situation waiting for the final green card.How do i know? .. I went through it...waiting for GC for the past 4 years.

I dont know its FBI or its just the USCIS incompetence but waiting in the final stage is horrible. Every time you travel you are scared...AP as for as my lawyer goes IT does not guarantee 100% entry in to the country.

After you apply for AP its only 1 year H1 increments.

What i am saying why dont we try for the overall improvement of the GC processing. Why dont we be firm about not wasting the GC numbers and recapturing the unused numbers.

We had a small revolt (peaceful way) and its successful.We dont want to stop there.

LETS FIGHT FOR THE OVERALL IMPROVEMENT OF THE GC PROCESSING

I hope you guys are with me..looking for your comments