Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2006, 01:56 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/15/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/23/2004
Compare
sirinme has a reputation beyond repute sirinme has a reputation beyond repute sirinme has a reputation beyond repute sirinme has a reputation beyond repute sirinme has a reputation beyond repute sirinme has a reputation beyond repute sirinme has a reputation beyond repute sirinme has a reputation beyond repute sirinme has a reputation beyond repute sirinme has a reputation beyond repute sirinme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Got a letter from a Member of Congress in response to our web fax campaign...

I got a letter from Zoe Lofgren's office, who is a Member of Congress representing California 16th District, in response to one of our web faxes on H-1B cap and GC backlogs. Below is the complete text from the letter -- it's heartening to know we are on their radar at least!

Now that we got their attention, is there anything we should do to follow up on this now?

- sirinme

================
Thank you for contacting me. I appreciate the time you took to explain the impact of the H-1B visa cap and the "green card" backlog on U.S. employers.

I understand well that the success of U.S. companies depends on highly educated and talented U.S. citizens and foreign nationals.

What we need is thoughtful reform that supports the American economy and allows American companies the benefit of the "best and brightest" from around the world.

As you know, the Republicans now lead in the House of Representatives, Senate, and White House. As such, Republicans control what bills and amendments are considered in committees and on the floor of the House of Representatives. They have taken no action for reform but have proposed legislating on a money bill in violation of House rules. Should Senate Judiciary Committee's H-1B proposal come before me in the House of Representatives, I will certainly consider your point of view.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please do not hesitate to contact me again if can be of further assistance to you or your family.

Sincerely,
Zoe Lofgren
Member of Congress
===================
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2006, 02:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lofgren

She is already a big supporter of hi-tech legal immigration. Its good to receive a response from legislators.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote