Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2007, 09:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gc_lover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by f_b_2007
Mine reached USCIS Jul 2, 2007 10:25 AM.. no check cashed, no RD..

I will call USCIS next monday if I dont hear anything before then..
I read in one of the other thread that, a lawyer said, it might take couple of weeks to generate receipt numbers for early July filers. They are almost done with receipt number for June filers and will start with July filers.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2007, 09:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
psk79 is infamous around these parts psk79 is infamous around these parts psk79 is infamous around these parts psk79 is infamous around these parts psk79 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_lover
Mine reached on July 2nd 9:01 AM. I don't think they must have rejected any application. I think, if someone is saying "rejected" means USCIS refused to accept the fedex, in which case package should be returned back to lawyers in 3/4 days.
If your package was accepeted by USCIS then it would be on hold and based on yesterday's news, now it should be ready for processing. I am checking this with couple of lawyers and I will update this thread with anything I find out.
You may be right, But I didn't hear about a single case where USCIS refused to accept the Fedex. How can they do it ?because they don't know what's inside the package. if anything is sent via usps they just drop it of in the drop box.

Also, does anyone know if the package has to be transferred to Texas or wherever your I140 is approved and then that particular center issues a receipt?? That's what I heard...

Old 07-18-2007, 09:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
map_boiler is a name known to all map_boiler is a name known to all map_boiler is a name known to all map_boiler is a name known to all map_boiler is a name known to all map_boiler is a name known to all

Our packet was delivered to NSC on July 2nd at 7:55 am...

Old 07-18-2007, 09:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/08/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
sands_14 is a jewel in the rough sands_14 is a jewel in the rough sands_14 is a jewel in the rough
Default Hold

All packets were kept on hold and we should all be ok because they will start sending receipts soon for all complete packages.
The wait will be long but its good that everyone will enjoy EAD benefits .
As such,whats the new fees for EAD and AP?

Old 07-18-2007, 10:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute

My packet was delivered at 9.01 AM on July 2nd.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/23/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
johnamit is on a distinguished road
Default however,

some applications have already been rejected, mostly on July 2nd but a very few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by insbaby
USCIS did not say that they will return the application and they should be refilled.

With their announcement on July 17th, they have about 16 more days in this month left. It is a heavy workload for them to reject all the petitions (minimum 200K packages) which is unnecessary work and cost enourmous amount of money.

Also they will not invite another problem if the do not give sufficient time to the clients to file, what if someone receives the package Auguest 15. That will be another mess up.

It looks like SCs have rejected some applications on the same day (July 2nd), those applicants should have already received them(on July 3rd or 4th). They have to refile. Rejections after July 17th may not be true.

My lawer says:
Your application has reached INS on July 2nd and upon the statement from USIC on July 17th, it will be accepted.
PD: Sep 05
I140 :AD May 06
I485: RD 7/2/7

Old 07-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnamit
some applications have already been rejected, mostly on July 2nd but a very few.
Do you know if these applications were send back right away or they are still holding it?

Where did you get this information, can you please post the source?

Old 07-18-2007, 10:26 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute

other than some quoting did you know any of your friends or your attorneys cases getting rejected.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
virald is a glorious beacon of light virald is a glorious beacon of light virald is a glorious beacon of light virald is a glorious beacon of light virald is a glorious beacon of light
Default Source - Greg Siskind

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_lover
Do you know if these applications were send back right away or they are still holding it?

Where did you get this information, can you please post the source?
From Greg Siskind's blog
His Comments --
I think all of the July 2nd to July 17th filers will be okay and should get the benefit of the earlier filing, but USCIS simply has not spelled out how they'll handle and also how people incorrectly rejected at the very beginning will be able to reclaim their place in line. That's the mystery at this point.
AND
I was actually the one to report that cases were being held at the service centers and this was because of a first hand account from someone actually at the service center. But I was told that some applications were, in fact, rejected before word came down from HQ that cases were to be held until further instructions were issued.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
xyz2005 has a spectacular aura about xyz2005 has a spectacular aura about
Default 2 July filers

What is meant by "Rejected" here?

-FedEx not accepted on July 2nd
-They took the packet and in 2-3 days they opened it and returned back some after inputting in their database
-Packet is still with them but they generated a rejection notice that was sent to lawyer/candidate
-Rejection email was sent to lawyer/candidate
OR
-USCIS's July 2nd bulletin just said all applications received would be returned/rejected and Greg's thought is that the whole pile must be kept somewhere with the action planned "to be rejected" and nobody is taking action on it and USCIS has to be made aware about that or in their yesterday's UPDATE they forgot to touch about this. ( To me this is internal processing matter of USCIS)

Well to be honest with you, I was 1 million % convinced that we all should be OK because yesterday's press release very clearly mentions " All properly filed cases would be accepted" until I stumbled on Greg's blog. Now I am confused as well.

I contacted my attorney but so far no reply. Will update all of you.

I don't think so that we have to refile as it does not make sense. Plus even those who are rejected would have proof of filing )FedEx and rejection notice and through Motion to reopen case can be resurrected. Pls keep everybody updated as and when your attorney advises you.
Thanks

Old 07-18-2007, 10:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
virald is a glorious beacon of light virald is a glorious beacon of light virald is a glorious beacon of light virald is a glorious beacon of light virald is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyz2005
What is meant by "Rejected" here?

-FedEx not accepted on July 2nd
-They took the packet and in 2-3 days they opened it and returned back some after inputting in their database
-Packet is still with them but they generated a rejection notice that was sent to lawyer/candidate
-Rejection email was sent to lawyer/candidate
OR
-USCIS's July 2nd bulletin just said all applications received would be returned/rejected and Greg's thought is that the whole pile must be kept somewhere with the action planned "to be rejected" and nobody is taking action on it and USCIS has to be made aware about that or in their yesterday's UPDATE they forgot to touch about this. ( To me this is internal processing matter of USCIS)

Well to be honest with you, I was 1 million % convinced that we all should be OK because yesterday's press release very clearly mentions " All properly filed cases would be accepted" until I stumbled on Greg's blog. Now I am confused as well.

I contacted my attorney but so far no reply. Will update all of you.

I don't think so that we have to refile as it does not make sense. Plus even those who are rejected would have proof of filing )FedEx and rejection notice and through Motion to reopen case can be resurrected. Pls keep everybody updated as and when your attorney advises you.
Thanks
Rejection means -- packets opened, and, returned as reject because dates not current.
I am also convinced that, if one has not gotten the package back, the person should be okay. But, just want to get the confirmation that we will be okay proactively rather than waiting.
I'll post as soon as I find out from my lawyer.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
kpchal2 has a spectacular aura about kpchal2 has a spectacular aura about kpchal2 has a spectacular aura about

hi all, in the same boat too. mine was filed on july 2nd and there is a fedex confirmation about it. i did not hear from any one i know about these rejections or returns until i saw gregs blog. can any one shed a light if they know some one who got a reject. also can you please let me know if there is any way we can find out from uscis or from any one relevant about our application. it is too much of a hassle already and dont want to add more delays to this already cumbersome and sleepless process

Old 07-18-2007, 10:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
kpchal2 has a spectacular aura about kpchal2 has a spectacular aura about kpchal2 has a spectacular aura about

can some one call 1-800-375-5283, with ext 1,2,3,6 and talk to a person at USCIS and see what they know about the applications on july 2nd. i am on the pacific coast and it is still not 8 here. seems like they only talk between 8 and 6

Old 07-18-2007, 10:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I checked with somebody who has hired Rajiv Khanna as his lawyer. He said that those who had filed in July are fine and there is no need to re-file it.

I am still waiting to hear from my lawyer though.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute

Please explain Greg's comment,

"We presume some folks are still waiting on their July 2nd cases to be returned and are debating refiling new cases rather than waiting. Unfortunately, there is a risk of not getting the package back before August 17th and some people will need to refile without proof of the earlier filing."

Shouldn't any application rejected on July 2nd have already reached our lawyer's office by now?
Also, if my appliction, filled on July 2nd,reached 11:34 AM CST, has not been returned yet, shouldn't we assume that it will be accepted?