Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2006, 01:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-01
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
immi2006 will become famous soon enough immi2006 will become famous soon enough
Default A suggestion for lobbying !

As you all know from a recent post on Microsoft website, plus Bill Gates camping in DC lobbying for H1 VIsa increase and possibly EB Retro issues for GC applications, it may be a good idea if IV team can approach Bill Gates through Microsoft Employees network and request Bills help to support this at this crucial juncture. Microsoft can make a big difference here. They stand to gain a lot from this as well.

Any thoughts ? !
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-02-2006, 07:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
admin is on a distinguished road

IV has already approached a number of corporates.

Old 06-02-2006, 09:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
va_labor2002 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Oracle,CISCO and Microsoft

We should contact Oracle Corp., Microsoft , SUN and CISCO for financial and moral support. Oracle Corp has thousands of International Engineers on H1B VISA. I am sure they will be willing to help us. Please contact their employee networks or newsgroups immediately.

Is there any members working for the above companies ?
I-485 - Filed on July 19 to TX
EAD yes No FP yet
-------------------------------------------

Old 06-02-2006, 09:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
va_labor2002 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by va_labor2002
We should contact Oracle Corp., Microsoft , SUN and CISCO for financial and moral support. Oracle Corp has thousands of International Engineers on H1B VISA. I am sure they will be willing to help us. Please contact their employee networks or newsgroups immediately.

Any comments from IV core team ?
I-485 - Filed on July 19 to TX
EAD yes No FP yet
-------------------------------------------

Old 06-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mrajatish will become famous soon enough mrajatish will become famous soon enough

Can people from Cisco, Oracle etc who are in a position to contact their HR/Legal/Govt affairs send me personal messages. I will like to set up a conf. call with these folks.
Thanks,
Raj

Old 06-02-2006, 10:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-01
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
immi2006 will become famous soon enough immi2006 will become famous soon enough
Default This may not fly

1. I talked to my cousin who is a Senior Mgr for Development in Oracle, he said - we are sending as many jobs to India, and we are not really having a big % age on H1, GC is not a priority for Oracle. He also talked to HR and they were not so keen on checking the status of its H1 empl who are in line for GC. So this clearly indicates their stance, they welcome H1s but will not extend the support upto GC. Cisco has a very very identical policy. Cisco is doubling its work force in India and China and will be offshoring more Jobs and they are pursuing GC for its already filed folks, but they are not too keen to lobby for them as they also know these folks would fly like birds once GC is on their hands. Cisco could have asked a few empl to ask Prez Bush but they did not. Cisco also partners with govt very closely and is a influential figure in US, but their stance for GC is very patetic. You cannot expect $ support or endorsements from here.

That is why I clearly said "Microsoft" is the only way out !! - Gates understands the importance, rest do not care so much !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by va_labor2002

Old 06-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default I dont know

I dont agree with you 100% that all other corporations besides microsoft are not really keen on increasing the quota of employment based greencards.

The theory of "Will fly like birds" works both ways. Some of their employees will fly like birds. But a LOT, A LOT of people will fly TO THEM who are dying to fly to them right now but will not do so as their GC is in process.

I hear you loud and clear when you say that outsourcing is being encouraged. However, there is a certain limit to what you can outsource. You cannot outsource all jobs. You need to guy to be present in the room WITH YOU if you are discussing the functional requirement. No amount of broadband and vidoe conferecing is going to do what a physical presence can do. If everything could be outsourced, then by that theory, no one would need to see the other employee/co-worker in person. In that case, there would be no business travel at all and everyone would video-conference with each other. Airline industry would downsize to half.

I dont see that happeneing. There was a cut on business travel for a while during economic slowdown in 2002 and 2003. However, its back up again. So the idea that remote employees can run the show is limited. You need the person phsically present for MOST jobs. Even in IT.

And besides, Microsoft has outsourced more jobs than anyone else. If they have a motive to have incentives for H1B retention, then I am sure Oracle, Cisco and Intel do too. Craig Barret has been quoted many times saying "You should staple a greencard to every master's degree holders's diploma" etc.