Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (
-   Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins (
-   -   Moving while I-485 been filed (

jcrajput 07-18-2007 10:27 AM

Moving while I-485 been filed
Can I move from one state to other while My I-485 been filed? What is the effect on EAD in this case? When I am elligible to change my employer after filing for I-485?

Thank you.

kaisersose 07-18-2007 10:57 AM

Whenever you move, you are required to update your new address to USCIS through AR-11. It then becomes their problem to keep your address on your applications up to date. You can also call them after filing AR-11 to verify that they have updated your address and your EAD will arrive at the new location.

To change your employer,

1. You should have an approved I-140
2. 180 calendar days must pass after I-1485 filing

Your new job must have similar responsibilities as your present job and the wage cannot be substantially different. No one knows what a safe wage is, so it is anyone's guess.

it is also advised that you try and stick to H-1b as long as you can - even if you change jobs.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.