Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2007, 01:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2004
Compare
GC_Govinda is infamous around these parts GC_Govinda is infamous around these parts GC_Govinda is infamous around these parts GC_Govinda is infamous around these parts GC_Govinda is infamous around these parts GC_Govinda is infamous around these parts GC_Govinda is infamous around these parts GC_Govinda is infamous around these parts GC_Govinda is infamous around these parts GC_Govinda is infamous around these parts GC_Govinda is infamous around these parts
Default What happens to the poor souls stuck in Labor BECs?

As we all rejoice the "FIX" to the visa bulletin fiasco, we are forgetting our fellow souls whose Labour apporivals are stuck in the Backlog Elimination centers.
Approximately 500K i-485 applications will be received by USCIS and these people whose labours are stuck - even if they are approved have to wait for atleast 5 years to be eligible to apply for I-485.
This is the case - especially with EB3 India/China/Mexico/Philippines.
What an injustice that has been delivered to these people - just think of it.
People who applied and cleared labour in 2007 can apply for i-485 and the subsequent benifits of EAD and AP and not these ?
They will be abple to apply in 2010 even if we are being optimistic.

Any thoughts ?

Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2007, 01:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
gc_aspirant_prasad has a spectacular aura about gc_aspirant_prasad has a spectacular aura about

Some of IV initiatives especially provisions of the SKIL bill should bring some relief in this regard.
Like to suggest have faith ,contribute to IV, and please work on the action items.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ggyro is on a distinguished road
Default Skil Bill

I have seen discussions on this forum about making efforts for the SKIL BILL. This is bill is the only permanent solution to greatly reduce backlogs. If passed, it would significantly reduce retrogression.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/13/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Not that bad...

Man,
I was also at BEC but luckily got out in March 2007 - Thank God again ! my 2nd GC-PD was Mar 05 (EB3) - not sure how they processed quickly in 2 yrs.

Lets come to point now. BEC will be clean by Sep 30th ( that means no one will be stuck - either approved or Rejected) and PD's wont be U starting OCT 1st. I would assume BEC stuck guys have mostly PD before 2003 and once the VB changes from U - they will get their chance to get EAD , AP within 1 year. Already VB was Jun 2003 for Eb3 in June 07 Bulletin. i'm expecting that status will wither maintain or rollback a little .

Of course BEC stuck guys are unlucky but the bad luck won't prevail for ever or 5 years - That's what my Point is.

What do you guys say ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC_Govinda
As we all rejoice the "FIX" to the visa bulletin fiasco, we are forgetting our fellow souls whose Labour apporivals are stuck in the Backlog Elimination centers.
Approximately 500K i-485 applications will be received by USCIS and these people whose labours are stuck - even if they are approved have to wait for atleast 5 years to be eligible to apply for I-485.
People who applied and cleared labour in 2007 can apply for i-485 and the subsequent benifits of EAD and AP and not these ?

Any thoughts ?

Old 07-18-2007, 01:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/30/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/30/2004
Compare
gondalguru is a jewel in the rough gondalguru is a jewel in the rough gondalguru is a jewel in the rough gondalguru is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by diptam
Man,
I was also at BEC but luckily got out in March 2007 - Thank God again ! my 2nd GC-PD was Mar 05 (EB3) - not sure how they processed quickly in 2 yrs.

Lets come to point now. BEC will be clean by Sep 30th ( that means no one will be stuck - either approved or Rejected) and PD's wont be U starting OCT 1st. I would assume BEC stuck guys have mostly PD before 2003 and once the VB changes from U - they will get their chance to get EAD , AP within 1 year. Already VB was Jun 2003 for Eb3 in June 07 Bulletin. i'm expecting that status will wither maintain or rollback a little .

Of course BEC stuck guys are unlucky but the bad luck won't prevail for ever or 5 years - That's what my Point is.

What do you guys say ???
I second that.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/12/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cleo76 has a reputation beyond repute cleo76 has a reputation beyond repute cleo76 has a reputation beyond repute cleo76 has a reputation beyond repute cleo76 has a reputation beyond repute cleo76 has a reputation beyond repute cleo76 has a reputation beyond repute cleo76 has a reputation beyond repute cleo76 has a reputation beyond repute cleo76 has a reputation beyond repute cleo76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Not everyone can be happy in this world

I understand the pain as I am in a similar predicament right now....have a PD of Nov 04, had been initially applied for under TR, and our lawyers just sent the RIR conversion request in the middle of april, but just a few days ago, I checked the online status of this case...and it shows that it has been DENIED...and its been over 2 weeks and still my lawyer hasnt received any letters from them stating on what the reasons are for the denial.....so I am still waiting nervously till they receive that info to find out what options I have left....and to make things worse...I am on my 8th year H1 which is to expire by Jan 08.......

But hey...whatever happens...I was still glad to hear that so many people were eligible to file their 485s yesterday....all the rest of us can do is continue to pray for similar fortunes in the future.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ttphiss is on a distinguished road
Angry Think of their dependents

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC_Govinda

Any thoughts ?

Think of their dependents!! They would be in real limbo if they do not qualify for DREAM Act due to one provision or other.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/13/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Denial pr Acceptance Paper Notice may come in 1 month+

Sorry to hear about the denial that you saw in BEC website.

In my case i saw the status on Mar 26 and my company received the Labor paper end of April. Also i called BEC after 2 weeks and a very nice gentleman( with chinese english accent) told me to call back after 4 weeks.

He was very happy answering my phone call - might have got a raise that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleo76
I understand the pain as I am in a similar predicament right now....have a PD of Nov 04, had been initially applied for under TR, and our lawyers just sent the RIR conversion request in the middle of april, but just a few days ago, I checked the online status of this case...and it shows that it has been DENIED...and its been over 2 weeks and still my lawyer hasnt received any letters from them stating on what the reasons are for the denial.....so I am still waiting nervously till they receive that info to find out what options I have left....and to make things worse...I am on my 8th year H1 which is to expire by Jan 08.......

But hey...whatever happens...I was still glad to hear that so many people were eligible to file their 485s yesterday....all the rest of us can do is continue to pray for similar fortunes in the future.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2006
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Compare
indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttphiss
Think of their dependents!! They would be in real limbo if they do not qualify for DREAM Act due to one provision or other.
Maybe when enough children have aged out due to the combination of long labor cert waiting times and/or visa retrogression maybe someone will realize these adult children exist and do something to give the relief. There are already thousands in this situation and if there is no legislative action there are going to be many thousands more. While we will eventually get green cards all being well (though it might mean waiting a while) these children are literally in an immigraton no-mans land.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default BEC friends

we keep fighting!
you are not forgotten
the goals of this organization have NOT been met at this point.
This temporary relief should not delude anyone. We are fighting
to END retrogression- and that includes the black hole of the BEC's.
You guys will hopfully keep a fire burning under all those members who
want to take it easy now. We have to keep going.

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 07-18-2007, 01:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2005
Compare
arrarrgee is an unknown quantity at this point

yup..perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by diptam
Man,

What do you guys say ???

Old 07-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2006
Chargeability
:
Canada
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2006
Compare
RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of
Default Only way out of this for all of us

..... is if we get more visa numbers allocated. Work hard on supporting IV core initiatives to get the SKIL bill passed.

That is the only way.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute

just a though...?, on opening a flower campaing to these BEC's and atlanta perm center

Old 07-20-2007, 04:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
anzerraja is on a distinguished road
Default Sorry off topic but needs your immediate attention !!!

Lately the members of IV have come to know that Aman Kapoor, the co-founder of IV has sold his house and spent around $64000/- towards the administrative costs of IV. This too was brought to our attention from a regular member like you and me, without which this would not have come to our knowledge at all.

So some of the members have taken an initiative to reimburse Aman and other core IV team members with the expenses they have incurred so far towards the administrative costs of IV. Note that the time they have spent and the sufferings cannot be compensated. Let us do the least by atleast compensating the money. Please do not donate directly to IV funds.

There is a funding drive in this other thread towards reimbursing the administrative costs of IV.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10708

Could you please pledge an amount ?

Old 07-20-2007, 08:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rdehar has much to be proud of rdehar has much to be proud of rdehar has much to be proud of rdehar has much to be proud of rdehar has much to be proud of rdehar has much to be proud of rdehar has much to be proud of rdehar has much to be proud of rdehar has much to be proud of

There is a similar thread for this topic:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5015 (Injustice to backlogged applicants)
I-485 Filed; Invoked AC21, switched to EAD Jun 2009
By the way, spent 9 years on H1