Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2007, 09:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
vikramark has a spectacular aura about vikramark has a spectacular aura about vikramark has a spectacular aura about

Hello,

I just learned about IV few days back although I am in US for about 8 yrs now and still struggling to get my Green Card , IV is doing a great job and there efforts can not be measured in terms of money we donate .

Can somebody pls guide me how do I set up my monthly contribution?
Thanks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
buehler will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramark
Hello,

I just learned about IV few days back although I am in US for about 8 yrs now and still struggling to get my Green Card , IV is doing a great job and there efforts can not be measured in terms of money we donate .

Can somebody pls guide me how do I set up my monthly contribution?
Thanks.
Go to this page http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...d=26&Itemid=44 and click on either $50 Per month or the $100 per month button.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2005
Compare
arrarrgee is an unknown quantity at this point

These lines from the businessweek article made me proud guys...me in the east coast...wish i was there at the rally...I contributed 100 sometime bac..would contribute another 100 in a few days...more important i shall ask my friends who are in the same boat to do so...

These are hardly your typical protesters. They're software programmers, engineers, and computer scientists, many with master's or doctoral degrees. A police officer in San Jose told the organizers that the event was, "one of the most orderly protests." the city had ever had.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2005
Chargeability
:
Venezuela
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2005
Compare
andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrarrgee
These lines from the businessweek article made me proud guys...me in the east coast...wish i was there at the rally...I contributed 100 sometime bac..would contribute another 100 in a few days...more important i shall ask my friends who are in the same boat to do so...

These are hardly your typical protesters. They're software programmers, engineers, and computer scientists, many with master's or doctoral degrees. A police officer in San Jose told the organizers that the event was, "one of the most orderly protests." the city had ever had.
You forgot to add, "All of the protesters could speak perfect English" and did not have a Mexican flag.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/02/2007
Compare
pthoko is a splendid one to behold pthoko is a splendid one to behold pthoko is a splendid one to behold pthoko is a splendid one to behold pthoko is a splendid one to behold pthoko is a splendid one to behold pthoko is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy garcia
You forgot to add, "All of the protesters could speak perfect English" and did not have a Mexican flag.

Mr Andy Garcia, Could you pls remove the Mexican reference. Why do you need to offend somebody. It's not going to do any good.

Old 07-19-2007, 10:01 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2005
Chargeability
:
Venezuela
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2005
Compare
andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pthoko
Mr Andy Garcia, Could you pls remove the Mexican reference. Why do you need to offend somebody. It's not going to do any good.
Why is it offensive to carry your country's flag?

Old 07-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
vikramark has a spectacular aura about vikramark has a spectacular aura about vikramark has a spectacular aura about

I would like to make a request to IV core members, it seems $50 re-occurring contribution is little tough on some us as most of us are on H1 and are with single income and some of us may also have parents & younger siblings to support in India, pls give us an option to have $20/- minimum and members have option to go up as per there choice if they can afford.

Thanks

Old 07-19-2007, 10:35 AM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future
Default Weekly Contributions?

Quote:
I would like to make a request to IV core members, it seems $50 re-occurring contribution is little tough on some us as most of us are on H1 and are with single income and some of us may also have parents & younger siblings to support in India, pls give us an option to have $20/- minimum and members have option to go up as per there choice if they can afford.

Thanks
You can always set up a $20 contribution directly from paypal.

Another suggestion to IV core is to have weekly contributions of $5, $10, $15, $20 etc. This may have the seeming effect of paying lesser money (and hopefully more people will contribute). It is like the cable company advertising "for less than $3/ day you can get both cable and high speed internet".

Old 07-19-2007, 10:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
gotgc? has a reputation beyond repute gotgc? has a reputation beyond repute gotgc? has a reputation beyond repute gotgc? has a reputation beyond repute gotgc? has a reputation beyond repute gotgc? has a reputation beyond repute gotgc? has a reputation beyond repute gotgc? has a reputation beyond repute gotgc? has a reputation beyond repute gotgc? has a reputation beyond repute gotgc? has a reputation beyond repute
Default I agree...

Quote:

Thanks
I just made an one time payment of $100 because $50 recurrinbg is little expensive for me..but $20 would be easier...I know that IV has a reason for this...but it is just something for IV to conisder...