Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2007, 03:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ThinkTwice has much to be proud of ThinkTwice has much to be proud of ThinkTwice has much to be proud of ThinkTwice has much to be proud of ThinkTwice has much to be proud of ThinkTwice has much to be proud of ThinkTwice has much to be proud of ThinkTwice has much to be proud of ThinkTwice has much to be proud of
Default Can you contribite $64000?

" Kapoor says he has spent about $64,000 of his own money in the last 19 months, largely on travel to and from Washington."

http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/...eek+exclusives

========================
Message from Pappu:

Yes this is not a typo. This is true. Aman has made more financial sacrifices and time sacrifices than anyone else. Not a single penny has been reimbursed to him for his trips to DC, food and stay in DC or car rental in DC. He even risked his job and went to DC on unpaid leave at critical times because lobbying was important for getting our work done. We in the core team know this and when we see the kind of contributions we get from members, we feel disappointed that our efforts are not valued. When we started the $20 contributions people felt $20 was too high and wanted $10 per month or less. The kind of work and effort that is needed to push a single provision is phenomenal and needs lot of capital. The more the better. Sometimes reading posts that say IV core is selfish also disappoints us. People do not know the effort that goes in getting anything done. This website is simply a tool for us to communicate to everyone. The big effort is the lobbying work. We hope the Buisnessweek article helps people realize our hard work and people value it by contributing to it and helping us in all action items.

Last edited by pappu; 07-19-2007 at 11:09 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2007, 07:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2005
Compare
vsoni is a jewel in the rough vsoni is a jewel in the rough vsoni is a jewel in the rough vsoni is a jewel in the rough

Great Job.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:54 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future

What is obvious is either you have been sleeping all thru or you are new to IV. Aman has made atleast 25-30 trips to DC in last18-20 months
Quote:
Originally Posted by KanME
isnt it obvious that its a typo..

Great Job Aman , you are our hero...

Old 07-19-2007, 08:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2003
Compare
gc_mania_03 is a jewel in the rough gc_mania_03 is a jewel in the rough gc_mania_03 is a jewel in the rough gc_mania_03 is a jewel in the rough
Default count $64 k + more important ( TIME spent for the team)

And what about the time Aman and the core team has put into this whole effort....it can never be earned back...and hence NOT at all quantifiable...and I wouldn't even attempt at adding that up...

Thanks Aman and the whole team.....you guys are making a difference in the lives of so many people...

Now, everyone else roll up your sleeves and contribute...money, time, whatever you can for the cause..and Thank the team in your own style.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Remember, most people are working hard and chances are that they may get fired for jobs doing this.

SO many IV members have been risking thier jobs to work hard on these things.

So many people have taken unpaid vacations, spent valuble time on this.

Kudos to Aman, Himanshu, Jwalant, and all other folks who are helping the community.

A lot of people are free riders, they come to IV for informartion only. A lot of people do not want to do anything, just because someone else is doing it for them. I have heard excuses from people saying "Don't you have anything else to do??? You will be fired from your job, I bet you, don't get disillusioned by these folks at IV, they cant move a stone"

Old 07-19-2007, 08:51 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vrs is on a distinguished road
Default Doing My Part

Contributed $20 using Bill Pay with more to follow.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2005
Compare
arrarrgee is an unknown quantity at this point

I think its a typo too

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage
What is obvious is either you have been sleeping all thru or you are new to IV. Aman has made atleast 25-30 trips to DC in last18-20 months

Old 07-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Priority Date
:
May-01
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
nfinity is a splendid one to behold nfinity is a splendid one to behold nfinity is a splendid one to behold nfinity is a splendid one to behold nfinity is a splendid one to behold nfinity is a splendid one to behold nfinity is a splendid one to behold
Default Is it?

Even if it is a typo and it turns out to be 6400$ which is unlikely, can everyone contribute 64$? Lets do our 1%. What say?

Old 07-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrarrgee
I think its a typo too
No. It's not a typo. I had met Aman in a conference in December. He was talking about selling his house to contribute to IV (I really hope he didn't have to). But he has contributed a small fortune to this effort.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nycguy30 is infamous around these parts nycguy30 is infamous around these parts nycguy30 is infamous around these parts

Amanbhai,

Thank you so much, you got the leadeship skill, man go for it......

Old 07-19-2007, 10:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2005
Compare
arrarrgee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what??? Planning to sell his home?????

I hope you are not kidding...i feel so guilty now...i posted this to the CORE on another thread..

"guys..Could you pls let us know why we have 100 as the minimum amount for contribution...i also noticed that the recurring contribution is 50 instead of the usual 20. Guys dont get me wrong. I wanted to call up my friends and ask them to contribute for IV...but i guess we should let them decide the minimum amount...or atleast have 50 and 20 as the minimum and recurring contrubutions respectively...I myself wanted to sigh up for the recurring contribution...but 50 every month hits me on my face..
Even economics says so..haven't you heard of the Laffer Curve?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitation
No. It's not a typo. I had met Aman in a conference in December. He was talking about selling his house to contribute to IV (I really hope he didn't have to). But he has contributed a small fortune to this effort.

Old 07-19-2007, 10:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Let us all pay back to Aman

I know Aman has made a no. of trips to DC & these are not cheap.

Let us all contribute to pay back all his trips .

I am serious about it as people have no idea what people like Aman & others have done / sacrificed. If fact, we should authorize the Money Manager of IV to immediately release the entire amount Aman & others have spent since 19th December 2005.

I am sure IV must have funds to handle this... if not, atleast start a part payment each month immediately

I do not know, what is IV's internal procedure for these situations.

Old 07-19-2007, 10:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2006
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/03/2007
Compare
mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute
Default what would you have paid to submit I485?

Imagine if Uncle Sam held an auction to allow you to submit I485 EAD AP, what would you have bid for the right to submit?

Maybe $640, $6,400, or even $64,000?

If Uncle Sam charged a fee to submit now rather than waiting for another year or two or three... What would you have paid to submit I485 and get EAD AP AC21?

Alternatively, how much are you going to benefit from EAD AP or AC21?

AC21 -- maybe ability to move jobs and get a few thousand $ pay rise?
AC21 -- maybe not going to the back of the queue -- really worth thousands!
EAD for you and spouse -- maybe a week of salary for someone that could not previously work?
AP -- how much is it worth not to have to waste time and money renewing H1B at an embassy. That's at least a few days of time you don't have to waste (and time is money).

How much will you save from filing under the old fee structure? At least a few hundreds.

Now use that as a guideline for what you are going to contribute to IV.

There are still problems ahead for most....
* retrogression
* BECs for unluck some
* name checks (I personally know someone that it took almost 2 years for).

IV is now the most credible organization there to help get these issues addressed. So let's hand over the $.

(me about $1K so far plus time)
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Old 07-19-2007, 10:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
forever will become famous soon enough forever will become famous soon enough

It gives a solace that there are still some good people out there in this mean world. It is ridiculous to point out that it is a typo. Other than money what Aman and others have done is priceless.

Old 07-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2006
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/03/2007
Compare
mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute
Default not just a few good required

it need not just a few very good core team members,
what is needed is a weight of slightly good, active and contributing, masses.

It is bad to rely on a few doing a lot, more need to do just a little more.
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.