Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2007, 02:48 PM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Compare
ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of
Default An Idea

This is based on a movie i saw before but forgot the name of...

It's the idea of "pass it forward"....i guess main idea is to "do good when something good happens for you" and i'm not sure how it would apply here but bringing it up for discussion.

Is there any way we can plan activities etc that would benefit organizations such as redcross, UN, 9/11 funding organizations, etc based on 'happy consumers' of the immigration system...

Like say if people become members of a group. If USCIS is doing it's job in timely manner, then members of group (happy consumers) do something for an organization. Whatever that activity (say feeding at a homeless shelter as example) can be publicized and accredited to the USCIS for doing it's job in timely manner.

We could start out by forming an organization (Immigration voice could be it unless you want to name something else...i am not good at planning out) that organizes a starting drive of some sort (do something good..publicize it), then keep up with media on developments of future drive saying "oh we are awaiting to hold another such drive...just waiting for uscis to do it's part"...that is indirect pressure on govt agencies to do it's part...

does that make sense????

any input...ideas..... i know this is not well thought out but was just wondering. they say good comes out of doing good for others. We do good for some organization, maybe USCIS can be pushed into doing some good for us?????
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2007, 03:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold
Default wonderful idea

Wow,

Really a great idea. it ould generate a lot of goodwill for us and also push USCIS for doing its work better.

I'm for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps57002
This is based on a movie i saw before but forgot the name of...

It's the idea of "pass it forward"....i guess main idea is to "do good when something good happens for you" and i'm not sure how it would apply here but bringing it up for discussion.

Is there any way we can plan activities etc that would benefit organizations such as redcross, UN, 9/11 funding organizations, etc based on 'happy consumers' of the immigration system...

Like say if people become members of a group. If USCIS is doing it's job in timely manner, then members of group (happy consumers) do something for an organization. Whatever that activity (say feeding at a homeless shelter as example) can be publicized and accredited to the USCIS for doing it's job in timely manner.

We could start out by forming an organization (Immigration voice could be it unless you want to name something else...i am not good at planning out) that organizes a starting drive of some sort (do something good..publicize it), then keep up with media on developments of future drive saying "oh we are awaiting to hold another such drive...just waiting for uscis to do it's part"...that is indirect pressure on govt agencies to do it's part...

does that make sense????

any input...ideas..... i know this is not well thought out but was just wondering. they say good comes out of doing good for others. We do good for some organization, maybe USCIS can be pushed into doing some good for us?????

Old 07-19-2007, 03:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute

Great idea ! Although we should wait a couple of weeks to make sure USCIS does not issue another bulletin canceling the current one

Old 07-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
gc_aspirant_prasad has a spectacular aura about gc_aspirant_prasad has a spectacular aura about

Good idea. I think the movie was Pay It Forward
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pay_It_Forward

Old 07-19-2007, 03:30 PM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Compare
ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_aspirant_prasad
Good idea. I think the movie was Pay It Forward
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pay_It_Forward
yep that's it