Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2007, 02:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Canada
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
swo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by insbaby
One major issue is, every year they are going to receive 600K EAD renewals. They will never get time to work on 485, but life long working on renewing this EAD's and no more further GC processing.
Remember...some of these 600K will get the GCs or have them denied. For example, concurrently filed I-140s will be denied etc. So the numbers may reduce over time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by insbaby
So, no worries. There must be a solution ahead for us.
Correct. They will have ways of trying to cope. If they need more workers, they will somehow get them.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2007, 03:40 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nave_kum is infamous around these parts
Default Patience Pays...Why r ppl so glued to IV..As if things will change overnite

There's no logic whatsoever in these calculations. Somebody is spending unnecessary time in his room to come up with such analogies.

First of all, all of this is sheer assumptions. Secondly...oh forget it who cares...why waste OUR time on this blog at all?

Guyz...all I can say is...v have opened USCIS' eyes and they're determined to improve the process. Things will start happening ...Just wait N watch. Go watch a movie or something!!!

P.S: Patience Pays....Always!!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2007, 04:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
Wendyzhu77 has a spectacular aura about Wendyzhu77 has a spectacular aura about Wendyzhu77 has a spectacular aura about

Just don't understand why people are still arguing about the number. The cold hard fact is: uscis processes 1M~2M EAD every year in the past few years. Please refer to one previous post for this info. With this existing load and the existing work force to handle this load, even 750K new application wouldn't be a overwhelming load, say, original 2 months waiting to now 3 months waiting.
Also, even this 750k new EAD number is questionable, as lots of people already explained. E.g., before July 17, only 55k 485 were received in total. That certainly doesn't sound well to add up to 750k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by singhsa3
Guys,
The calculations below is not to scare anyone but it may very well a reality. Based on the assumptions below, some people may have to wait up to 20 months to get a EAD card: Ouch!

A Total I-485 Applicants: 750000 Applicants
B Each EAD processing time: 5 Minutes
C Total processing hrs: 62500 Hours
(Calculations: AxB/60)
D Daily productive Hours: 5 Hours
(It is a government body!)
E Total Man Days (Business Days): 12500 Man Days
(Calculations: C/D)
F EAD Workforce: 30 People
G Total Business Days: 417 Days
(Calculations: E/F)
H Average Business Days in a month: 21 Days