Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2007, 04:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
thatwillbeit is on a distinguished road
Default 2nd I-485 Application after July2nd Mess

Folks,

My lawyer said he sent my I-485 application on June29th, Friday thru USPS Priority mail with out tracking number and believes that it should reached on July 2nd to Nebraska Service center. I am not even sure if it reached the destination or not.

As many of you being in the same boat, I don't know where my I-485 application is at this point . As of now neither my Checks have been cashed nor have I got the rejected 485 envelope.

I called USCIS couple of times with out much of luck as they don't know where my application is and asked me wait till 31st July giving them 30 days time from the day of filing.

So my question if I don't hear back back anything until Aug1st week, is it possible to file I-485 for the second time. If that is ok then would it complicate the issue by having 2 I-485 applications.

Thanks for your help in advance. Please let me know your thoughts.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2007, 04:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default bump

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 07-24-2007, 04:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/05/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
rajsand has a spectacular aura about rajsand has a spectacular aura about

USPS priority mail will have a tracking number.
I have done mine recently and has a tracking number.

Old 07-24-2007, 04:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Hi rajsand

I think regular USPS priority mail does not come with tracking number by default but you can pay little bit more to get the tracking number.

I guess unfortunately My lawyer did not get a tracking number

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajsand
USPS priority mail will have a tracking number.
I have done mine recently and has a tracking number.

Old 07-24-2007, 04:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default ^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 07-24-2007, 05:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Compare
prakgc is a jewel in the rough prakgc is a jewel in the rough prakgc is a jewel in the rough prakgc is a jewel in the rough

Don't send a second time. It could cause lot of problems if you filed twice later according to my lawyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatwillbeit
Folks,

My lawyer said he sent my I-485 application on June29th, Friday thru USPS Priority mail with out tracking number and believes that it should reached on July 2nd to Nebraska Service center. I am not even sure if it reached the destination or not.

As many of you being in the same boat, I don't know where my I-485 application is at this point . As of now neither my Checks have been cashed nor have I got the rejected 485 envelope.

I called USCIS couple of times with out much of luck as they don't know where my application is and asked me wait till 31st July giving them 30 days time from the day of filing.

So my question if I don't hear back back anything until Aug1st week, is it possible to file I-485 for the second time. If that is ok then would it complicate the issue by having 2 I-485 applications.

Thanks for your help in advance. Please let me know your thoughts.

Old 07-24-2007, 05:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare
EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of

My guess - your lawyer never sent the application, how can the lawyer send out an application without noting down tracking # is beyond my comprehension may be you need a new lawyer j/k

From what i have gathered if you send 2nd application they will reject it or ask you to withdraw one.. but then again there is Grey area when it comes to 2 AOS applications.

Old 07-24-2007, 05:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Compare
bombaysardar has a spectacular aura about bombaysardar has a spectacular aura about bombaysardar has a spectacular aura about
Default bump

bump

Old 07-24-2007, 06:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Thanks all for the replies.

Guys, So If I wait till the end of 1st week of August and still if there is no movement . At that point can I send I-485 application for the second time or would that make things more complicated .

Suggestions please......

Old 07-24-2007, 07:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 07-24-2007, 08:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute
Post Tracking number

My lawyer gave me the DHL tracking number. The package had only my application so I am sure it reached USCIS office. I also took a print out of the delivery and signature of recepient info from DHL website.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default ^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Suggestions please

Old 07-24-2007, 09:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/30/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/30/2004
Compare
gondalguru is a jewel in the rough gondalguru is a jewel in the rough gondalguru is a jewel in the rough gondalguru is a jewel in the rough

If USPS can not deliver the mail it is returned to the sender. Plus USPS does have a very good track record and very very very few mails get lost.

Most likely your mail had reached its destination.

I do think that filing the second package is a good idea. But for peace of mind you can do it.

Ask you lawyer about his opinion. Follow his advise. If he says its sent and no need to file again then I think you need to believe him and wait for the receipt notice.

Old 07-24-2007, 10:29 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=thatwillbeit]Folks,

If he is a "lawyer" he would send everything with tracking number, that is part of the lawyer instinct that he will need evidence for anything he does. If he has send through USPS Priority mail the track record is very good unless it was send during thanksgiving and christmas. I would say wait until this month end and try to get a hold of your attorney and ask him what he suggests. 2nd application has a lot of gray area that I am not qualified to comment.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Thanks for the response guys

I am thinking of waiting till the end of this week and ask my Attorney what is his suggestions on 2nd time filing of I-485.

Does any one know if the I-485 applications mailed to USCIS thru USPS and reached on July 2nd has been rejected.

I would like to if anyone whose I-485 app reached USCIS on July2nd is planning to send for the second time.