Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2007, 12:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough
Smile I-485 backlog. Top action item for IV!

With the flood of applications going to USCIS, its only fair to imagine that we've been moved from one backlog to the other. Not that I'm complaining about the chance to get EAD/AP. I think we just won a battle, the war is still on against the insanity of this bureaucracy which leaves us on a temp status forever.

I think amongst all this celebration we must spend few minutes about the aftermath:

1. Will USICS be able to issue(re-issue) EADs in a timely fashion (90 days as per the law) with such a volume of applications/every year ?
2. Unless the per quota country limit is removed OR the number of visas is increased we are in for an extremely painful long haul.

So guys dont just celebrate yet, we are just getting started!

Last edited by EndlessWait; 07-25-2007 at 12:11 PM. Reason: typos
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2007, 12:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/21/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
cdeneo can only hope to improve
Default Unused visa numbers from previous years

We need a provision to allow use of unused visa numbers from previous years?

This has happened in the past (perhaps 2000-2001 timeframe) and had helped significantly - we need a provision like this to help / mitigate the current situation. I believe Sen. Cornyn had proposed a bill that would have done this but it got got shot down.

Last edited by cdeneo; 07-25-2007 at 02:31 PM.

Old 07-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

NO Nothing is on the horizon unless we bring it to the horizon.

yes, there is going to be a huge backlog of I485s, huge mess with EADs and renewals. And it maybe too late for us to realize all that. By that time Presidential elections will be more important and we all will be left out for the next 2 years. The chances of CIR happening is in 2009 or maybe 2011. Nobody will care for High-skilled immigrants unless we make this issue an urgent issue. Your lawyers or your HRs will not go and meet your lawmakers and request them for your greencards. This is the cause of the community and nobody else. If you are thinking of dates moving forward fast, that is unlikely to happen with the flood of applications.

Now if everyone really want something to happen that brings relief to us:

- Start contributing funds and not posts. This is the only way we can continue this struggle and increase the momentum of our advocacy efforts.
- Start participating in action items
- Get active in State chapters
- Bring in more members
- Meet your lawmakers

Else, lets keep posting on the forum and imagine that someone somewhere will read the post and do visa recapture and SKIL bill for us because one of us created an action item for lawmakers on the forum.

Last edited by pappu; 07-25-2007 at 12:59 PM.

Old 07-25-2007, 01:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up totally agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu
NO Nothing is on the horizon unless we bring it to the horizon.

yes, there is going to be a huge backlog of I485s, huge mess with EADs and renewals. And it maybe too late for us to realize all that. By that time Presidential elections will be more important and we all will be left out for the next 2 years. The chances of CIR happening is in 2009 or maybe 2011. Nobody will care for High-skilled immigrants unless we make this issue an urgent issue. Your lawyers or your HRs will not go and meet your lawmakers and request them for your greencards. This is the cause of the community and nobody else. If you are thinking of dates moving forward fast, that is unlikely to happen with the flood of applications.

Now if everyone really want something to happen that brings relief to us:

- Start contributing funds and not posts. This is the only way we can continue this struggle and increase the momentum of our advocacy efforts.
- Start participating in action items
- Get active in State chapters
- Bring in more members
- Meet your lawmakers

Else, lets keep posting on the forum and imagine that someone somewhere will read the post and do visa recapture and SKIL bill for us because one of us created an action item for lawmakers on the forum.
and continue to keep this thread alive and get attention from the folks who perhaps have no clue as to where we are heading.
thanks

Old 07-25-2007, 01:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light

guys lets wake up to the reality and start for another push...Please start by following action items and also contribute

Old 07-25-2007, 01:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vinodp1978 is infamous around these parts

Will USICS be able to issue(re-issue) EADs in a timely fashion (90 days as per the law)

Can someone confirm the 90 day rule? Please point me to the source.

Old 07-25-2007, 01:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodp1978
Will USICS be able to issue(re-issue) EADs in a timely fashion (90 days as per the law)

Can someone confirm the 90 day rule? Please point me to the source.
it is anybodys guess....most likely I think they will not issue receipts or EADs in a timely manner....look UP EAD Rule in google

Hence, the need to participate in IV action items and contribute.