Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2007, 11:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Compare
immm is on a distinguished road
Default USCIS email:I-485 Receipt Notice returned as undeliverable(Going to miss the FP appt)

UPDATE
I found out that the lawyer put incorrect address on form G-28 for their own office. The incorrect address does not exist so the mail was returned to USCIS by post office.

Address that the lawyer firm typed (nonexistent address):
Law_Firm's_Name
XXXX E. Paces Ferry Road
Dothan AL 36303
Correct address should have been:
Law_Firm's_Name
XXXX E. Paces Ferry Road
Atlanta GA 30326
I suspect that my FP notice would shortly be returned to USCIS as undeliverable as well. Therefore, I am likely to miss the FP appointment. Does anyone know what could I do once I miss the FP appointment?I called USCIS customer service so that I could find out the FP location and appointment date/time but the level 1 agent refused to transfer (escalate) me to the Immigration officer and asked me to have my lawyer call them to fix the address.

Original Post

I just received an email from USCIS:

My Stats
EB3, India
PD: Mar, 2002
I-485 Delivery date June 15th (never received the actual receipt or finger print notice) but got the receipt number by calling the USCIS phone number a few days ago and the USCIS agent had verified my DOB and address!

Email text:

Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 8:00 PM
Subject: Case Status Information for Receipt Number: LIN0XXXXXXXXX

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: LIN0XXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice returned as undeliverable.

On July 31, 2007, the post office returned our last written notice on this case as undeliverable. This can have serious effects on the processing of this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update the mailing address so this notice can be re-sent.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
This is very strange. My address on the I-485 form was correct. How could they have got a wrong address? I have never had any mail delivery problem with this address and I have been living at this address for 4 years!

Any suggestions please?

Last edited by immm; 08-01-2007 at 03:48 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2007, 11:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of
Default Give them a break...

They're a government organization... they're human.... you're depending on them for now... and you don't have a choice...

Give them a call and get it sorted out.

jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by immm

My Stats
EB3, India
I-485 Delivery date June 15th (never received the actual receipt or finger print notice) but got the receipt number by calling the USCIS phone number a few days ago and the USCIS agent had verified my DOB and address!

Email text:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On July 31, 2007, the post office returned our last written notice on this case as undeliverable. This can have serious effects on the processing of this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update the mailing address so this notice can be re-sent.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.

Sincerely,

This is very strange. My address on the I-485 form was correct. How could they have got a wrong address? I have never had any mail delivery problem with this address and I have been living at this address for 4 years!

Any suggestions please?

Proud member of IV California/NorCal
I was in Washington, D.C.

on Sep 18th 2007

---------------------------------------------

Old 08-01-2007, 12:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
delhirocks will become famous soon enough

Do you have your complete name on your post box? USCIS letters will not be delivered by the post office, if they cannot match the name on the post box.

Old 08-01-2007, 12:36 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
mdmd10 is just really nice mdmd10 is just really nice mdmd10 is just really nice mdmd10 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by delhirocks
Do you have your complete name on your post box? USCIS letters will not be delivered by the post office, if they cannot match the name on the post box.
What happens if you move before the I-485 reciept is sent, but you have address forwarding set up on your old address?

Old 08-01-2007, 12:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Compare
Default How to get the address fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by delhirocks
It is not a PO Box address. It is a regular street address.

Has anyone had any success in correcting the address with USCIS? I called the phone number and it says the best way is to use the website: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?ac...a.cr.Residence

But it asks for last address and present address. In my case, they would both be the same!! If I do put them the same, they probably won't match their records with the incorrect address.

Old 08-01-2007, 12:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
gimme Green!! is on a distinguished road
Default Post Office will take care.

Post Office will forward it to your new address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmd10
What happens if you move before the I-485 reciept is sent, but you have address forwarding set up on your old address?

Old 08-01-2007, 12:55 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
mdmd10 is just really nice mdmd10 is just really nice mdmd10 is just really nice mdmd10 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme Green!!
Post Office will forward it to your new address.
But USPS will not forward mails from USCIS, from my understanding. Can anybody confirm this?

Old 08-01-2007, 01:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Compare
Default Missed FP appointment due to address error

The Receipt Notice was mailed on July 11th and returned undeliverable on July 31st because of address error. This makes me believe that the Fingerprint appointment notice would also be returned shortly to USCIS. So I would likely miss the FP appointment.

Does anyone know if they will resend the FP notice once I call them to fix the address and would they reschedule the missed FP appointment over the phone call?

Quote:

My Stats
EB3, India

Email text:

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)[/color]
[color="Blue"]
Any suggestions please?

Old 08-01-2007, 01:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
ronnie0479 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:

My Stats
EB3, India

Email text:

Sincerely,

Any suggestions please?

how did u get an email from USCIS. how did they get your email address.....

Old 08-01-2007, 02:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie0479
how did u get an email from USCIS. how did they get your email address.....
You register here: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/selectusertype.jsp

Old 08-01-2007, 02:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of

This is most likely an issue with your post office. USPS employs some idiots who periodically engage in such goof ups. I have had a similar experience a few years ago and once again last year.

You will have to go your local post office and tell them to make sure nothing like this happens again. Sometimes, it works.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Compare
Default Lawyer messed up

I found out that the lawyer put incorrect address on form G-28 for their own office. The incorrect address does not exist so the mail was returned to USCIS by post office.

Law_Firm's_Name
XXXX E. Paces Ferry Road
Dothan AL 36303
Law_Firm's_Name
XXXX E. Paces Ferry Road
Atlanta GA 30326
I suspect that my FP notice would shortly be returned to USCIS as undeliverable as well. Therefore, I am likely to miss the FP appointment. Does anyone know what could I do once I miss the FP appointment?
I called USCIS customer service so that I could find out the FP location and appointment date/time but the level 1 agent refused to transfer (escalate) me to the Immigration officer and asked me to have my lawyer call them to fix the address.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Law_Firm's_Name
XXXX E. Paces Ferry Road
Dothan AL 36303
Law_Firm's_Name
XXXX E. Paces Ferry Road
Atlanta GA 30326
I suspect that my FP notice would shortly be returned to USCIS as undeliverable as well. Therefore, I am likely to miss the FP appointment. Does anyone know what could I do once I miss the FP appointment?
I called USCIS customer service so that I could find out the FP location and appointment date/time but the level 1 agent refused to transfer (escalate) me to the Immigration officer and asked me to have my lawyer call them to fix the address.
I would say keep calling until u get a more receptive agent...talk politely and he will transfer u to Immi Officer...

Old 08-01-2007, 03:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Law_Firm's_Name
XXXX E. Paces Ferry Road
Dothan AL 36303
Law_Firm's_Name
XXXX E. Paces Ferry Road
Atlanta GA 30326

This is entirely your lawyer's fault, must have written wrong address in a hurry. Stay on top of it. In the meanwhile, try to get as much info as possible from IV and other places. Hope your issue gets resolved

Old 08-01-2007, 03:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by prout02
And give some tips to your USPS guy. Glue your full name inside your mailbox for the stupid mail guy to match it to USCIS mails.
Yes, tips may work in our favor.

One guy moved back to Mumbai from the US and started a new company. On the launch day, the postman came over and told them to "take care of him". The founders were brimming with US lifestyle philosophy and refused.

After that, they did not receive any mail for 2 months. They had to eventually go to the Postmaster and fix the problem.