Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2007, 09:06 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default To all my Brothers and Sisters

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

I hope you are all doing great, well settled, happy that you got the receipt notice and EAD and can change jobs. The July USCIS/DOS drama and IV/AILA/Lofgren fight back was an event that is unforgettable, especially based on the fact that these events have changed a lot of our lives.

I have been with IV for more than an year now and have followed the organization's direction and views. I found this to be a very nobel organization, an organization where seeds are sown for betterment of lives.

My biggest thanks to members who have done selfless help. Amazing people. Excellent qualities. Team spirit. We worked as teams for various action items, became very good friends, had our own fun when we interacted.

Time has come for the entire community to stand up and act. IV, as an organization, is well respected in the DC circles. IV has maintained its "Non commercial" stance and has believed in grass roots efforts.

IV is nothing but people like you and me. Believe in yourself. Have faith in yourself. History has proven that bravery, courage and faith have been the weapons behind success. Yes, we can move mountains - we have it in us. We can do things, only if we believe in ourselves.

I work as a contractor in a small company in New Jersey. I was a bit reluctant initially to ask my client for a day off - as I had already taken 15 days off in August. But I gathered enough courage and talked about the rally to my boss and offered that I will make up the hours. My boss is a Korean immigrant, immediately acknowledged and said "It's fine, I am supportive of your cause - I see that you have been here for 8 years now and still fighting the system that does not look fair".

I am happy that I spoke the truth, I am happy that my boss has agreed wholeheartedly to my request. I have believed in myself all along.

My dear friends - America does not see tears, America is a land of the brave - America has been a favorite destination to all. The very fact that there are 300K July petitions - is an example on how much people still want to be here. And if you all believe that so many petitions will be processed without making any effort from our side, or if you think someone else will do it or if you pray God that and assume God will take care, then I would only say "God bless you".

If we all step up for our basic rights of processing our petitions in a timely and orderly manner - then yes we can see changes - always remember, it is people like you and me that will influence a change. Unless we stand up together and ask - nothing is goin g to happen. America has honored people who have stood for themselves - America has produced great leaders, all these people have stood up for themselves.

IV would like all its members to participate in the Rally and make it a big success. Lets show that we are committed to our cause and we are all united and we can rise in unity for any occasion.

Best Regards,

Chandrakanth

IV - Volunteer

Old 09-11-2007, 09:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice

You go Chandrakanth!

Here's the bottom line - IV has provided you with the best stage possible to voice your concerns and opinions to the US lawmakers. Now it is up to every individual to make this a success. If you are not a part of it in some way or the other, you've lost all the rights to complain about any and all immigration related problems in your future.

"The only person who can truly persuade you is yourself. You must turn the issues over in your mind at leisure, consider the many arguments, let them simmer, and after a long time turn your preferences into convictions." - Milton Friedman
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2007, 10:37 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute
Default Great post!

You go man! You speak with the truth! Truth is on our side and if we continue to join hands we will prevail! Way to go!!!

Old 09-11-2007, 11:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Believe in yourself

You must believe in yourself.
You must believe you can do it.
You must believe that you must do it.
You must believe in bravery.
You must believe in expressing yourself.
You must believe in standing up for yourself.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future
Default wake up people

wake up people.

Nice post...

JOIN THE TEXAS STATE CHAPTER
---------------------------------
VERIFIED MEMBERS LIST - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/texasiv

Old 09-11-2007, 11:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/19/2007
Compare
mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute

Bump^^^^^^^

-m

I WAS THERE IN DC, WERE YOU?

Old 09-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Default Bump

Bump

Old 09-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future

That is very sensible war cry.. Guys...join the fight for rights.

Old 09-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of

Help IV help you...
Come to DC....
Lets join hands & be heard!!!

WA State Chapter group.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WA_Immigration_Voice/

Old 09-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of

This is not my fight...
This is not your fight..
THIS IS OUR FIGHT!!!! Lets get together!!! Come to DC!

WA State Chapter group.

Old 09-11-2007, 02:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

This is the chance to express our wholehearted support to IV and our community.

We are highly skilled Brave immigrants who have a face. We have been legal heere and have done nothing wrong. If we don't stand up for ourselves, anti immigrants will start dubbing us as illegals - look at the articles on the internet.

Many many silent sufferers are moving back due to immigration issues - to cover up the facts they say "American culture is not good thats why we are moving back".

If people are not interested to be here - why did 300k+ applications get filed in July?

Old 09-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06-20-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06-27-2007
Compare
cagedcactus is a jewel in the rough cagedcactus is a jewel in the rough cagedcactus is a jewel in the rough

I had no intention to go the rally when the thought was presented two months ago.....
Now I have my tickets booked, and trying to tag some friends along.
If I go down, I want to go down fighting. We are from the land of Gandhi.
We cant just sit on our comfy behinds and wait for the jokers at Washington to manipuate our lives.... NO SIR.

Old 09-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagedcactus View Post
I had no intention to go the rally when the thought was presented two months ago.....
Now I have my tickets booked, and trying to tag some friends along.
If I go down, I want to go down fighting. We are from the land of Gandhi.
We cant just sit on our comfy behinds and wait for the jokers at Washington to manipuate our lives.... NO SIR.
U r an example of someone who believes in yourself, that you are capable of seeing a change

Old 09-11-2007, 03:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare
yoda will become famous soon enough

Thanks for coming forward to this historic march cagedcactus.

Nice words Chandu..

Now for those who are still sitting on the fence and are still undecided. This is your moment folks to make it happen. You are the only one who can influence change around you. They say the environment creates a man but a man can also create an environment around him just like this wonderful organization and the founding team has done for all of us who had been impacted by the visa fiasco of July.

Folks, I am here 7+ years, Chandu just went for his 8th, 9th and 10th year visa stamping. Believe me when I say you don't want to be in this boat of waiting endlessly for things to magically happen! Its too stressful not only for you but even for your family members!

Don't miss out on this historic opportunity to march with like minded people who are all working as a team to make things easier for all of us. You still have a week in front of you to work with your employers to take a day off. It is possible, you know it... !

Old 09-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare

There is not much time left to sit & think over this....
Make up your minds now!!!
Come to DC & join hands & let our voice be heard as ONE!!!
Lets stand together and realize what the power of ONE can do....

GO IV!!!
See you in DC!!!

WA State Chapter group.