Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Philippines
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold
Default Latest USCIS Statistics: 180,000 AOS applications during July and Aug. 07

As per latest USCIS statistics, only about 180,000 applied for AOS during the months of July and August 2007. However, it also shows that as of end August, there were more than 500,000 pending AOS applications.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/A...FITS_Aug07.pdf
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Philippines
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold

There is no information yet for the month of September 2007. We'll see when that comes out. And if the 300,000 estimate is true, then there were more than 100,000 who were not yet receipted as of end Aug.

Last edited by JunRN; 10-02-2007 at 07:22 PM.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Hermione is just really nice Hermione is just really nice Hermione is just really nice Hermione is just really nice

I see 600K total received applications, 116K total received I-485s (that includes family and other categories) - so where is 180K are from... and 550K pending I-485s, again, this is the total, of which EB should be around 13%. But we know that USCIS 'pending' definition for I-485 does not include those stuck in retro or namecheck (and most of the retro applications are FB, not EB). Am I looking at the wrong chart?

Funny enough, total August receipts only grew 2% YOY. That means that EBs are a drop in the bucket.

Last edited by Hermione; 10-02-2007 at 09:42 PM.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
virald is a glorious beacon of light virald is a glorious beacon of light virald is a glorious beacon of light virald is a glorious beacon of light virald is a glorious beacon of light
Default All EB Cases?

I understand majority of these are EB cases, but are all EB cases?

Old 10-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Hermione is just really nice Hermione is just really nice Hermione is just really nice Hermione is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by virald View Post
I understand majority of these are EB cases, but are all EB cases?
Absolutely not! Family category is the largest category of all, and all those spouses (summer is the busiest wedding time) and adopted children don't have quotas. 116K sound like "normal" workload, since there are around 100K approvals in a general month.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaca View Post
  • What is I-765 employment authorization?
  • Is I-485 applicable to any other category (like family sponsored, lottery, ...)?
  • Is AOS applicable to all categories?
  • EAD. That's #1 money maker for CIS. All AOS applicants (FB, too) and assylees and refugees generally get one.
  • Unless it says otherwise, yes.
  • Of course.

This is a typical case of tunnel vision by EBs. All who they know are EBs, so people assume everyone in the world is the same category. Nope. EBs are invisible when you look at the big picture

Old 10-02-2007, 10:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Is this saying that 116,177 I-485 (all categories) applications were recieved in Aug (not uptil Aug)?
I think this is exactly what it says. And based on the previous year seasonality curve, it is what is actually expected. Out of them... I dunno, maybe 30-50K are EB applications. So the whole thing about 500K people waiting for green cards in EB is a little... should I say, overblown?.. (also, look at July numbers, the number of receipts was lower than August, but higher than in July of 2006, so maybe 50K additional apps).

Old 10-02-2007, 10:38 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Philippines
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermione View Post
  • EAD. That's #1 money maker for CIS. All AOS applicants (FB, too) and assylees and refugees generally get one.
  • Unless it says otherwise, yes.
  • Of course.

This is a typical case of tunnel vision by EBs. All who they know are EBs, so people assume everyone in the world is the same category. Nope. EBs are invisible when you look at the big picture
The data talks about I-485:

I-485 is for:

EB
K1
Assylum
Refugee
Cuban

Does this include Family-based petition or are they using different forms?

Old 10-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Well, K1 is FB. Also, they mention I-130 which is the "I-140" for FB, so there is no doubt in my mind this includes FB I-485s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunRN View Post
The data talks about I-485:

I-485 is for:

EB
K1
Assylum
Refugee
Cuban

Does this include Family-based petition or are they using different forms?

Old 10-02-2007, 10:49 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Philippines
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermione View Post
Well, K1 is FB. Also, they mention I-130 which is the "I-140" for FB, so there is no doubt in my mind this includes FB I-485s.

In the I-485 form, where is it says that FB is included except for K1? Like sons and daugthers of Citizens/PR?

I think they are using different forms and mostly are doing Consular Processing, not AOS. So, I-130 but doing CP.

Therefore, only EB plus K1, Refugee, Assylum and Cubans are included in I-485.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Waaaa-it. Ombudsamn only talks of I-485s and Naturalizations. This one is EVERYTHING. H1Bs, EADs, Aps, I-140s, I-130s, naturalizations, green card replacemetns, you name it.

The 550K pending I-485 cases is the 'ripe' cases, which is the part of the 2.5M total (again, most of them are retrogressed FB cases).

Quote:
  • Pending cases = EB + Family + Asylum + Refugee + Lottery + ... = Backlogged cases + Unripe cases = 1,275,795 (page 11) + 1,316,740 (Figure 1, page 14) = 2,592,535 (as of March 2007)

What is an unripe case?
    • even if the application or petition were approved today, a benefit could not be conferred for months or years to come. (page 11)
    • cases that do not have an available visa or an FBI name check, and cases that are in suspense for other reasons deemed beyond USCIS’ control (page 12)
  • Servicewide Total Pending (End of Apr. 2007): 3,486,838. (page 114/132)
  • I-485 Adjustment of Status Pending (End of Apr 2007): 580,507
Annual Report to Congress June 2007

Old 10-02-2007, 10:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Same as for EB - 'immigrant petiton is approved'. I-130 is also an immigrant petition.

Quote:
In the I-485 form, where is it says that FB is included except for K1? Like sons and daugthers of Citizens/PR?

I think they are using different forms and mostly are doing Consular Processing, not AOS. So, I-130 but doing CP.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

If you apply for I-130, it will not be approved until the dates become current (unlike EBs I-140), or if it is current/no quota, you can file concurrently I-130/I-485. The process is no different than that for EB. And no, one do not have to be in K status to apply for a spouse green card. I know several people who have switched directly from student or visitor to AOS based on a marriage.

Quote:

Old 10-02-2007, 11:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As per latest USCIS statistics, only about 180,000 applied for AOS during the months of July and August 2007. However, it also shows that as of end August, there were more than 500,000 pending AOS applications.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/A...FITS_Aug07.pdf
something does not add up: they claim there is 2% more applications in Aug 2007 as opposed to August 2006. Even if this contains all types of applications, not just AOS ones, there is no way just a 2% increase would result in 3 month and longer receipting delays.

Dont know how much of this data is accurate...

Old 10-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
: