Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GC_SUCK is on a distinguished road
Default After Green Card, do I need to stick to same employer?

I got my GC on 09/18/07. Now my consulting company (how sponsored my GC) is having issues with the client and client is thinking to terminate the contract.

Client want to bring me to there pay roll. In other words they are offering my permanent position.

My consulting company does not have immediate opening for me.

It is not even a month that I got my GC. And I am with the same consulting company for about 6.5 years now.

Please help me. What should I do? If I accept the offer will I get problem at citizenship stage? If I do not accept offer I will loose job and I don't know how much time I have to wait till my consulting company find job for me.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Go where the job opportunities are!

You got your GC.
- Fight global warming/climate change.
(http://savetheplanet4kids.blogspot.com/)<=

Old 10-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
sathyaraj will become famous soon enough
Default Get fired!!

Get yourself fired from your current company & join your client. As it is not ur intent to move and you are foreced to move. You can explain this during naturalization. Also as it is the same job you dont need to worry..

Good luck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC_SUCK View Post
I got my GC on 09/18/07. Now my consulting company (how sponsored my GC) is having issues with the client and client is thinking to terminate the contract.

Client want to bring me to there pay roll. In other words they are offering my permanent position.

It is not even a month that I got my GC. And I am with the same consulting company for about 6.5 years now.

Please help me. What should I do? If I accept the offer will I get problem at citizenship stage? If I do not accept offer I will loose job and I don't know how much time I have to wait till my consulting company find job for me.

Old 10-10-2007, 03:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lskreddy is a splendid one to behold lskreddy is a splendid one to behold lskreddy is a splendid one to behold lskreddy is a splendid one to behold lskreddy is a splendid one to behold lskreddy is a splendid one to behold lskreddy is a splendid one to behold lskreddy is a splendid one to behold
Default Do what you ought to do..

Paranoia at its helm. There are things that protect you like AC-21 when you don't have a GC. You have a GC, move on to the client job..

The only concern is if you had a contract signed with your consulting firm that you would not join your client for x number of years yada yada, so check your contract, if nothing is in there, you should be fine..

Old 10-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
monkeyman has a spectacular aura about monkeyman has a spectacular aura about
Default Happy for ya

Once you get your GC, you can do what you want when you want. You can work anywhere. Your consulting company nor any company has the right to hold you on any contract whatsoever, unless ofcourse your client has non competitive contract that prohibits you from joining them.

For naturalization, it does not matter whatsoever. You can say that you were offered a better position that matched your skill set and experience and hence you ("on your own free will") joined another company. And hey, congrats. Worry not. U R much better off. Love your job, not the company!!! And you can work 2 jobs that are not even related. No one cares -
Notice Date: 9/7/2007
EAD Approved: 9/27/2007
FP Notices Received: 9/23/07 (App. Dt 10/13/2007)

Old 10-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gxtrader is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Reminds me of the story about a mighty elephant who's been tied w/ a thin chain since t'was a baby. It just stopped trying to escape coz it's been conditioned that effort is futile though it can easily snap the chain. Run my friend...you're a CHEETAH now!!! Kudos!

Old 10-10-2007, 05:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-02
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2003
Compare
vnsriv is a glorious beacon of light vnsriv is a glorious beacon of light vnsriv is a glorious beacon of light vnsriv is a glorious beacon of light vnsriv is a glorious beacon of light vnsriv is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Accept the offer like I am planning to do. Job is most important.

Primary
PD: June 15th 2002 - EB3 (India)
I-485(Self) : July 14, 2005
GC Recd: Jun 29th 2007

Secondary
Spouse(Derivative)
NSC 485/EAD/AP: RD/ND Jun 12th 2007: July 9th 2007FP : 08/22/2007,
EAD Received : 09/20/2007
AP : Approved 10/4/2007; Received 10/30/2007

Old 10-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
met3259 is on a distinguished road
Default Hold on guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
Once you get your GC, you can do what you want when you want. You can work anywhere. Your consulting company nor any company has the right to hold you on any contract whatsoever, unless ofcourse your client has non competitive contract that prohibits you from joining them.

For naturalization, it does not matter whatsoever. You can say that you were offered a better position that matched your skill set and experience and hence you ("on your own free will") joined another company. And hey, congrats. Worry not. U R much better off. Love your job, not the company!!! And you can work 2 jobs that are not even related. No one cares -
I also just got GC

I think that in this case this person can "move on". HOWEVER - I would retain STRONG DOCUMENTATION that this is not your choice and that the consulting firm is letting you go!

We need to understand this as a group and my attorney tells me that: I am being brought into this country to do this job - I can not simply leave the next day after getting GC on my own accord (unless in very similar job -- as in this case); BUT this is a grey area where we must spend "some" amount of time in the job we are being brought in for -- six months? 9 months? 1 yr?

My attorney has indicated 6-9 months is reasonable to move on to something completly new (as I have been doing this job for 6.8 years and am tired of it).

Help anyone???????
AP/EAD/I-485 RD=June 4, 2007; ND=June 13, 2007
FP - ND=June 19, 2007; FP date = July 17, 2007
AP approval = July 23, 2007
EAD approval = July 28, 2007
I-485 approval = Sept 5, 2007 (mailed Sept 6) - wife included - but what about 2 kids?????

Old 10-10-2007, 05:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rajev_kk is on a distinguished road
Default Take a Break Mate.

You have slogged all these years. Take a break, have a Kit-Kat and take a vacation in Italy. Have heard it's pretty good. Have a good time.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
kevinkris is a splendid one to behold kevinkris is a splendid one to behold kevinkris is a splendid one to behold kevinkris is a splendid one to behold kevinkris is a splendid one to behold kevinkris is a splendid one to behold kevinkris is a splendid one to behold kevinkris is a splendid one to behold

Beware of contractual agreements between your company and the end client. Normally they will have contrac that you will no join the vendor or client directly after the contract is terminated. You will be in legal problems. This is nothing to do with your GC.

I recommend, since you go GC find a job else where once you are fired by your company.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare
EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of

Ahhh I wish i can say After Green Card

dude take the job if they are offering you a good deal (opportunity does not knock on your door everyday)... its simple as that, you will be in the same field of work your new employer can back you in case there is a "query"

Dont sulk over 6.5 years - they gained as much as you did in these 6.5 years!

Good luck!

Let us know what you did...

Old 10-10-2007, 06:41 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute
Default congrats

time to move on...

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers