Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2007, 12:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Life2Live is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Fasting and protest in front of Governor office (Region based)

How about fasting and protest in front of Governor office based in their state on Thanksgiving day?

Last edited by Life2Live; 11-15-2007 at 12:09 PM. Reason: spell correction
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future
Default what does this mean for EB3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo2606 View Post
Checkout under Section D and E, possible retrogression further for EB1 and EB2 in future, here they are not talking anything about EB3 in Section E.

D. CHINA-MAINLAND BORN AND INDIA EMPLOYMENT SECOND PREFERENCE CUT-OFF DATES RETROGRESS FOR DECEMBER

It has been necessary to retrogress both the China-mainland born and India Employment Second preference cut-off dates. This is a direct result of extraordinarily heavy applicant demand for numbers, primarily by Citizenship and Immigration Services offices for adjustment of status cases. Additional retrogressions cannot be ruled out during the second quarter of the fiscal year.

E. IMMIGRANT VISA AVAILABILITY DURING THE COMING MONTHS

The following projections are based on the demand patterns which are currently being experienced. Fluctuations in demand could alter such projections at any time. Therefore, they should only be used as a guideline of what might occur. Under no circumstances should they be used as a basis for making any formal plans prior to the announcement of the monthly cut-off dates.

Family Preferences - Worldwide: Movement consistent with that of recent months can be expected for the foreseeable future.

Employment Preferences - Worldwide and Philippines:

First: Will remain “Current”

Second: Will remain “Current”

Third: Slow forward movement should be possible while demand patterns are established.

Third “Other Workers” (All Countries): Little if any forward movement is expected at this time. Should the current demand pattern continue, it may be necessary to retrogress the cut-off date at some point later in the fiscal year.

CHINA-mainland born and INDIA:

Employment Preferences:

First: Continued heavy demand may require the establishment of a cut-off date at some point during the fiscal year.

Second: Demand during October and the first week of November has already used over 38 percent of the annual limit. It is hoped that the December retrogressions will return monthly number use within the target range. If not, further retrogressions cannot be ruled out
what does this mean for EB3?

Old 11-15-2007, 12:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriskumar4u View Post
How about fasting and protest in front of Governor office based in their state on Thanksgiving day?
Very Good Idea.. Add to that I may suggest to keep fasting going on for at least 7 days in all states at Governor's office/USCIS's office/Local courts etc.. Everyday particular member group go on fasting. For example on Monday Group1 at Texas and Group A in New York and Group 'Ka' in California. Tuesday at same places different groups. Though we may need to take care of keeping Medical facility etc in case somebody may have problem. More suggestions are welcome.

Old 11-15-2007, 03:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/05/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Compare
sreedhar has much to be proud of sreedhar has much to be proud of sreedhar has much to be proud of sreedhar has much to be proud of sreedhar has much to be proud of sreedhar has much to be proud of sreedhar has much to be proud of sreedhar has much to be proud of sreedhar has much to be proud of sreedhar has much to be proud of
Default Do not hate USA...Just because of Delay with GC...!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matreen View Post
Team

I am loosing hopes on GC, we are screwed up, honestly the efforts what we are putting here in past years if we would have done it for our home coutry; at least that woule have given you a self satisfaction.

Now this is the time forget about GC progress, be a king as long as you want to be in this country "you got your EAD" find good jobs on contract Or full time make money, make yourself stable and get the hell out of here.......

my 2 cents advise......that is what I am thinking to do.....

Note: I have my Canadian immigration and got my PR card and medical and everything but it's hard to leave their. Company's don't give you a job if you do not have local experiece and other hassels....overall I am not 100% satisfied.

M
Please do not hate America just because of Delay with your GC. Tell me sir what efforts we are putting for this country....Nothing...We are all (Excuse me....Most of us) We just came here for $$$$$...Not for serve this country...Expect GC Delay what else we get pain with this country...? GUYS DO'T THINK TOO MUCH...ANSER IS NOTHING. Please remember one thing...GC Delay because of PEOPLE LIKE US. Every one wants be here for earn big money... Not for serve the country.

You said you have Canada Immigration...Then why you are not going to Canada...? Life style, Freedom and Money almost equal there too...But you said you will not...That’s the Power of USA. That’s the reason we all here. So in frustration we can say lot more things...But no use Sir...Be patience there is one day for us to get our GC.

Last edited by sreedhar; 11-15-2007 at 03:15 PM.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
btumati is on a distinguished road

tb2904,

There is a big chance that EB2 (Per Country) can get unused EB1 (Per Country) at the end of the 2008 fiscal year (because all EB1s are current now). That means EB2 (Per Country) will get 2822 + some/most of 2822 from EB1 (Per Country).

I have an impression that no one country has more than 5000 EB2 cases in 485 stage with priority dates in 2002 and 2003 combined. If that hypothesis is wrong, then all 2004 PD EB2 applicants for that country should wait until 2009 fiscal year quota opens in October, 2008.

Last edited by btumati; 11-15-2007 at 04:31 PM.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
HereIComeGC can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by btumati View Post
tb2904,

There is a big chance that EB2 (Per Country) can get unused EB1 (Per Country) at the end of the 1008 fiscal year (because all EB1s are current now). That means EB2 (Per Country) will get 2822 + some/most of 2822 from EB1 (Per Country).

I have an impression that no one country has more than 5000 EB2 cases in 485 stage with priority dates in 2002 and 2003 combined. If that hypothesis is wrong, then all 2004 PD EB2 applicants for that country should wait until 2009 fiscal year quota opens.
Just asking not challenging....

Where do you get that information "no one country has more than 5000 EB2 cases in 485 stage with priority dates in 2002 and 2003 combined"?

Old 11-15-2007, 04:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rakesh_one will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereIComeGC View Post
There is a big chance that EB2 (Per Country) can get unused EB1 (Per Country) at the end of the 1008 fiscal year (because all EB1s are current now). That means EB2 (Per Country) will get 2822 + some/most of 2822 from EB1 (Per Country).

I have an impression that no one country has more than 5000 EB2 cases in 485 stage with priority dates in 2002 and 2003 combined. If that hypothesis is wrong, then all 2004 PD EB2 applicants for that country should wait until 2009 fiscal year quota opens.
EB1 is fully utilized for India. It is current because EB4 and EB5 are not using their visa numbers. So, dont have any hopes of EB1 numbers flowing down to EB2.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:05 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute

Good idea, except Governors office will be closed on Thanksgiving Day!

Now that the idea of Fasting is catching up fast, how about donating the money saved on food to IV funds?

It will be win-win. IV gets funds for lobbying. Our fasting will provide publicity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriskumar4u View Post

Old 11-15-2007, 05:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Compare
freakin_gc is infamous around these parts freakin_gc is infamous around these parts

Yeah I agree with you sreedhar....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreedhar View Post
Please do not hate America just because of Delay with your GC. Tell me sir what efforts we are putting for this country....Nothing...We are all (Excuse me....Most of us) We just came here for $$$$$...Not for serve this country...Expect GC Delay what else we get pain with this country...? GUYS DO'T THINK TOO MUCH...ANSER IS NOTHING. Please remember one thing...GC Delay because of PEOPLE LIKE US. Every one wants be here for earn big money... Not for serve the country.

You said you have Canada Immigration...Then why you are not going to Canada...? Life style, Freedom and Money almost equal there too...But you said you will not...That’s the Power of USA. That’s the reason we all here. So in frustration we can say lot more things...But no use Sir...Be patience there is one day for us to get our GC.

Old 11-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
iol_joh is on a distinguished road
Default Stop this madness

Ok. Visa bulletin for December gets published. We are all shocked or surprised by the cut off dates. So, we decide to bash USCIS, run all possible permutations on visa numbers (how many different ways are we going to continue analyzing 140,000 visas), some have even proposed fasting and there are some who are threatening to move to Canada or India (I am not sure who is stopping them).

Let us analyze all the proposed solutions and see if they will really get us anywhere:

1. Bash USCIS: I am not sure if anyone at USCIS or the administration would care. You can stand at the top of Washington Monument and scream and not a single soul will care.
2. Analysis/Paralysis of available visa numbers and the possible movements: USCIS, the department that has access to all the required data is struggling to forecast visa availability, but, I see my friends here with very limited access to data trying to forecast Visa movement. I can bet, even with all the smart PHD’s here that we will not be able to forecast visa availability even, if we built the most complex model and continue to have limited access to data. So, this is just an exercise in futility.
3. Fasting in front of Governor’s office: Great idea! We can work off all the excess weight that we may have put on that we have gained due to over eating (one of the symptoms of stress or depression). I think we are choosing the wrong time of the year to do this. It is cold outside and I am not sure if anyone would even stop by the poor souls to pour us a hot cup of coffee. However, we may gain some publicity. Better than idea 1 and 2.
4. Moving to Canada or India: Please do and USCIS will be glad that they have one less case file to deal with and Numbers USA or Lou Dobbs will pay for the ticket.

Unless we stop these frivolous discussions over pathetic suggestions to fix the problem we will continue ignoring real solutions.

We need to think and execute with a sound long term strategy (12-18 months). Let us not try to eat the elephant in one bite. Let us fix this problem with small, manageable and doable steps.

I hope I do not offend anyone. I think it is time to be serious about the road we take from here.

Old 11-15-2007, 06:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Italy
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
maristella61 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down sucks!

a very sad moment.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-01
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lkapildev is infamous around these parts lkapildev is infamous around these parts

I heard USCIS officers are bulling people on FBI name check. They are doing it to make sure people they donot call again and again.

You can only get the truth when you talk to an officer on your local USCIS center. Do an eye contact and ask them.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by janilsal View Post
people started filing in EB2. When EB2 slowed down, they started filing in EB1. Now EB1 is challenged. DOS says that there may be cut off dates for EB1 soon.
EB0
once that also gets retrogressed then -1, -2 and so on. the possibilities are infinite

Old 11-15-2007, 08:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeezzz View Post
huh? What new number available in Jan. ?

If applicatants from two countries on EB-2 already used up 38% of quota, that is over the 7% country limit.
read the text in the VB again, they have used up 38% of their 7% limit. So ROW should atleast move, until the last quarter they are not going to eat into the numbers from ROW.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by BharatPremi View Post
Very Good Idea.. Add to that I may suggest to keep fasting going on for at least 7 days in all states at Governor's office/USCIS's office/Local courts etc..
no food for 7 days???? egads...

Quote:
Everyday particular member group go on fasting. For example on Monday Group1 at Texas and Group A in New York and Group 'Ka' in California. Tuesday at same places different groups.
whew. ok, thats what you meant...