Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2007, 02:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/09/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/09/2004
Compare
pkak is a splendid one to behold pkak is a splendid one to behold pkak is a splendid one to behold pkak is a splendid one to behold pkak is a splendid one to behold pkak is a splendid one to behold pkak is a splendid one to behold pkak is a splendid one to behold
Default Speedy Green Cards to July Visa bulletin cases and Housing Crisis in US

As we all know, the Housing crisis in US is getting worse day by day, with the inventory of houses available for sale increasing, and buyers not willing/able to buy those houses.

Giving speedy Green Cards to July Visa bulletin cases will ease the Housing Crisis in US.

Most of the people affected by the July Visa bulletin are highly skilled people who have the capacity to buy houses, but are not investing in houses, since their future in US is not secure until they get Green Cards.

Instead they end up investing in real estate in Bangalore/Hyderabad etc, thereby helping in housing boom in those places.

If Congress passes a law to give speedy Green Cards to these highly skilled people ASAP; these highly skilled people, who have good jobs and capacity to buy houses inspite of the difficult situation regarding getting loans etc, will help US tide over the current difficult housing situation.

This is something for the US law makers to ponder.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-2007, 03:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
flipflop will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkak View Post
As we all know, the Housing crisis in US is getting worse day by day, with the inventory of houses available for sale increasing, and buyers not willing/able to buy those houses.

Giving speedy Green Cards to July Visa bulletin cases will ease the Housing Crisis in US.

Most of the people affected by the July Visa bulletin are highly skilled people who have the capacity to buy houses, but are not investing in houses, since their future in US is not secure until they get Green Cards.

Instead they end up investing in real estate in Bangalore/Hyderabad etc, thereby helping in housing boom in those places.

If Congress passes a law to give speedy Green Cards to these highly skilled people ASAP; these highly skilled people, who have good jobs and capacity to buy houses inspite of the difficult situation regarding getting loans etc, will help US tide over the current difficult housing situation.

Vowww... what a wishful thinking.
Definitely nobody would have thought giving Green Cards to Legal Immigrants who are making renting industry thrive can also solve US Housing Slump.

Next time, they may even see a possibility if giving Green Cards can also solve Global Warming!!!!

You know actually it can happen with majority of desis driving green vehicles (honda/toyota).

Old 11-18-2007, 03:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/09/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/09/2004
Compare
pkak is a splendid one to behold pkak is a splendid one to behold pkak is a splendid one to behold pkak is a splendid one to behold pkak is a splendid one to behold pkak is a splendid one to behold pkak is a splendid one to behold pkak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflop View Post
OK looks like I was wrong. Some July Visa bulletin people may not be able to buy houses.
But those desis can at-least help with Global Warming by living 5-6 in a house, and 5 guys travelling together in a 1995 Toyota Corolla.

Last edited by pkak; 11-19-2007 at 01:03 AM.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Munshi75 has a spectacular aura about Munshi75 has a spectacular aura about Munshi75 has a spectacular aura about
Default See : no dearth for cool ideas

hmmm, housing markets runs into sales of millions and millions of units, if people here are thinking of buying 100 homes each, yes! it will help increase the sales by .00002%

For Honda/ Toyota : They never lost their appeal , and don't tell me that you are driving a 2008 Corvett.

Old 11-18-2007, 06:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
mariner5555 is a glorious beacon of light mariner5555 is a glorious beacon of light mariner5555 is a glorious beacon of light mariner5555 is a glorious beacon of light mariner5555 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Definitely nobody would have thought giving Green Cards to Legal Immigrants who are making renting industry thrive can also solve US Housing Slump.

Next time, they may even see a possibility if giving Green Cards can also solve Global Warming!!!!

You know actually it can happen with majority of desis driving green vehicles (honda/toyota).
it is not wishful thinking ..dumbo ..it is a good idea but it doesnt / wont have much support as community is divided and happy with its ead.
money makes the mare go in this world ..say if the immigration community was united and if we were to lobby with the builders and car dealers who make contribution to the politicians then lot of bills would have passed behind the scenes ..earliar h1-b was for 6 years only ..how did the extension come ..behind the scenes the business lobby worked secretly.

Old 11-18-2007, 12:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/09/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/09/2004
Compare
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munshi75 View Post
hmmm, housing markets runs into sales of millions and millions of units
Millions and Millions of Units!!!

Population of US: 300 million (US Census Bureau estimate, 2006)

The total Credit Card market in US may not be Millions and Millions of units, and you are talking about Housing Market.

Old 11-18-2007, 01:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munshi75 View Post
hmmm, housing markets runs into sales of millions and millions of units, if people here are thinking of buying 100 homes each, yes! it will help increase the sales by .00002%

For Honda/ Toyota : They never lost their appeal , and don't tell me that you are driving a 2008 Corvett.
Chief, read the post first. Its not a satire on desis driving Honda/Toyota!!! In fact I am all for it. Its about people who like to think that they can solve major problems if only they had GCs.

Old 11-18-2007, 01:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariner5555 View Post
it is not wishful thinking ..dumbo ..it is a good idea but it doesnt / wont have much support as community is divided and happy with its ead.
money makes the mare go in this world ..say if the immigration community was united and if we were to lobby with the builders and car dealers who make contribution to the politicians then lot of bills would have passed behind the scenes ..earliar h1-b was for 6 years only ..how did the extension come ..behind the scenes the business lobby worked secretly.
Yeah right!! buying houses is all hunky-dory when you have all cushy jobs and economy is booming. When economy slows down there will be some people who may lose their jobs with 3000$ mortgages sitting on their head!! And that builder /bank who lobbied for you GC will come knocking on your door asking for payment.
And believe there are defaulters among these highly qualified legal immigrants too!

So again, how did you solve the housing slump problem in the first place???

Old 11-18-2007, 01:51 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nomorelogins will become famous soon enough nomorelogins will become famous soon enough
Talking

Filed under "thoughts from porcelain throne".

Old 11-18-2007, 05:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Countless folks

have bought houses on temporary visas. Of course, if the cost of the house is very high and the mortgage is high (as in California), then it is risky.

If not, go for it, if you find a good house.
- Fight global warming/climate change.
(http://savetheplanet4kids.blogspot.com/)<=

Old 11-18-2007, 05:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold

pkak,

I am curious, can you explain why you think housing crisis is because of not issueing green cards?
I want to know your theory

Quote:

Old 11-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2002
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2004
Compare
485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute

Please read Pappu's comments about suggesting ideas and making predictions. i will not post the link as i hope it will motivate you to search and read through the various posts and understand the enormity of the issues we face.
thanks

Quote:

Old 11-18-2007, 09:44 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute

Wishful thinking has never produced any results. If you desire something, work for it. Only hard work produces results.

Old 11-18-2007, 09:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
mariner5555 is a glorious beacon of light mariner5555 is a glorious beacon of light mariner5555 is a glorious beacon of light mariner5555 is a glorious beacon of light mariner5555 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Yeah right!! buying houses is all hunky-dory when you have all cushy jobs and economy is booming. When economy slows down there will be some people who may lose their jobs with 3000$ mortgages sitting on their head!! And that builder /bank who lobbied for you GC will come knocking on your door asking for payment.
And believe there are defaulters among these highly qualified legal immigrants too!

So again, how did you solve the housing slump problem in the first place???
no body said about actually solving anything. the point is to use it as a lobbying factor. Greenspan said that the problem is around 200,000 to 300,000 houses. if they are knocked out of the inventory then there will be stablization else the bottom will fall out. now if the immigrant community was united (across national lines) and if we had one organization like IV or someone - who had leverage to talk to builders etc -something along the lines of a union - then this would have made a big difference - but of course the reality is that people get EAD and think their problems have been solved and run to buy a house - the fun part will begin if a recession actually happens

Old 11-19-2007, 12:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/09/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/09/2004
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangutan View Post
pkak,

I am curious, can you explain why you think housing crisis is because of not issueing green cards?
I want to know your theory
When did I say that I think "housing crisis is because of not issueing green cards?"

Was English a third or fourth language for you?