Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2007, 09:38 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute
Default This site has become the AP/EAD bulletin board

That's why I seldom visit anymore

We made history at the DC rally! This is only the beginning and Victory is the only option. We'll reach it together!

Let's focus on more action to stop the U.S. Reverse Brain Drain! Let's not let the iron cool!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Jaime come on man!!!!!!

buddy its ok.
We need to keep on doing what we have to do.

So lets not loose focus and keep on working on the long term goal.

Come on man, we need u back.

hopefully will see ur positive and encoraging messages soon again.

GO IV GO.
TOGETHER WE CAN.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Morale boosters needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
Please do not hang me for this . I am hard working and a dedicated member but I cannot agree more with Jamie !!

1) People seem to be depressed with the latest visa bulletin and the cold and dark winter outside.

2) Moderators have reduced / stopped posting . Do not post confidential information, but posting some MORALE BOOSTERS WILL SURELY HELP .

3) People are just predicting and and everybody just wants other members to support a predictions that the Visa bulletin dates will move to their respective priority dates + 1 day .

4) Everybody is content in getting their EAD's and AP's .

5) There is no concern for people who just came out BEC or for people who missed the July bus .

Recommendations
I agree that state chapters are a VERY crucial part of IV and everybody MUST join them .

But it would be great if Moderators post things that will build Morale of the gereral populace . Moderators and founders , my recommendation would be for you to put in some morale boosters . Lets NOT neglect the website while building state chapters .

***THE MORE I AM HURT, THE STRONGER I GET ***

Old 11-27-2007, 10:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute
Default There is no way IV is going to declare publicly

any sensitive strategy information. The best way to do this is to talk to your local state chapter leaders over phone or such. Many of you do not want to join the state chapters but want information on what IV is doing.

One of the main reasons to strengthen the state chapters was also to enable frequent passage of information/developments etc from the IV core to the chapters. This is what we do at the chapter meetup(s). Also developments change often that frequent updates cannot be given or become obsolete.

I have talked to the IV leadership and I am assured that they are working diligently behind the scenes on multiple possibilities. Success will be ours.

How can we support IV?
- Join your local state chapters.
- Contribute monetarily. If you really want an online forum to track receipts/EAD/AP etc, go to . IV forums is not for receipt tracking.
- Be ready for IV action items which may need swift actions.
- Participate in local law maker meetings.

Jaime, we need you to be active.
- Fight global warming/climate change.
(http://savetheplanet4kids.blogspot.com/)<=

Last edited by janilsal; 11-27-2007 at 10:26 PM.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:22 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

You are correct in your views.
However IV site will be what its members want it to be. If members talk about EAD/APs and notices, then that is all it will be on the site.

FYI IV has already posted its plan on the main homepage as a top most link after the Dec visa bulletin was announced. If members do not show interest in working towards getting something added in the year end bills and do not want to contribute in the funding drive thread then this site will only be for EADs and AP problems.

This effort is driven and supported by each and every member. Members need to decide what they want. IV leaders are more than wiling to go an extra mile and continue to make sacrifices towards this effort.

Old 11-28-2007, 12:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rajuram is a glorious beacon of light rajuram is a glorious beacon of light rajuram is a glorious beacon of light rajuram is a glorious beacon of light rajuram is a glorious beacon of light

I agree with what you say. But, at the same time, I believe that the members need leadership and direction.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
You are correct in your views.
However IV site will be what its members want it to be. If members talk about EAD/APs and notices, then that is all it will be on the site.

FYI IV has already posted its plan on the main homepage as a top most link after the Dec visa bulletin was announced. If members do not show interest in working towards getting something added in the year end bills and do not want to contribute in the funding drive thread then this site will only be for EADs and AP problems.

This effort is driven and supported by each and every member. Members need to decide what they want. IV leaders are more than wiling to go an extra mile and continue to make sacrifices towards this effort.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:02 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/06/2006
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I can't agree with you more

but we shouldn't be loosing dedicated members like you.

I have been watching my So. Cal state chapter. We have less than 15 people who are really active. By active I mean to say meeting congressmen, donations, organizing IV events, distributing flyers, spreading awareness about the issue etc. We have over 200 people in our chapter watching us and talking about EAD's and AP's etc. I hope we dont stay as a portal for discussing EAD's, AP's etc.

Quote:

Old 11-28-2007, 01:02 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
NO_Free_Rider is a glorious beacon of light NO_Free_Rider is a glorious beacon of light NO_Free_Rider is a glorious beacon of light NO_Free_Rider is a glorious beacon of light NO_Free_Rider is a glorious beacon of light NO_Free_Rider is a glorious beacon of light
Default came out of BEC after Aug 17!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnab221 View Post
Please do not hang me for this . I am hard working and a dedicated member but I cannot agree more with Jamie !!

4) Everybody is content in getting their EAD's and AP's .

5) There is no concern for people who just came out BEC or for people who missed the July bus.
Hope IV has this on the agenda, My labor was approved from PBEC (PD May 2003-EB3 India) on Aug 20

Last edited by NO_Free_Rider; 11-28-2007 at 01:06 AM.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajuram View Post
I agree with what you say. But, at the same time, I believe that the members need leadership and direction.....
This week I requested you to identify yourself with your state chapter. You have not yet done it.

Can you please update your signature with your affiliation with your state chapter?

For others,
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=15438 (From IV : Dec Visa Bulletin: What this means for us)
- Fight global warming/climate change.
(http://savetheplanet4kids.blogspot.com/)<=

Last edited by janilsal; 11-28-2007 at 01:21 AM.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:02 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO_Free_Rider View Post
Hope IV has this on the agenda, My labor was approved from PBEC (PD May 2003-EB3 India) on Aug 20
this is very much on the iv agenda
we are working right now as i speak (just read an update in case you are wondering about the late night!) to get some administrative fixes and bring relief to those that missed the july bus- and to everyone stuck on AOS for prolonged periods. these kinds of measures and recapture need support across the board and it's important to engage lawmakers at the state level. so please join your state chapter- consider starting one if it does not exist- and meet legislators and their staff over the next few days.

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 11-28-2007, 09:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO_Free_Rider View Post
I hope so too - and I also hope once you get your green card you don't forget those behind you

Old 11-28-2007, 09:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/29/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/29/2005
Compare
BMS1 has a spectacular aura about BMS1 has a spectacular aura about BMS1 has a spectacular aura about

In my opinion, the difficulties in mantaining H1-B status and Employment ineligibility of H4 are really kind of too much to bear for long. Those in that status for a year or two start feeling quite frustrated and their support for immigration reform is quite emotional and from the bottom of the heart. That frustration was the true origin of IV in my opinion. Once one reaches I485 adjustee status, the frustration is much less for majority of the people due to AC21 (one true reform) and their support becomes less emotional and more mature, moral and social in nature. And the participation in forum also goes down with reduced frustration. In another one/two years a lot of H1-B people will understand the issues of H1-B and join this forum and IV may become what it used to be before. That is, if the ability to file for I-485, is not administratively resolved by then.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
deardar has a spectacular aura about deardar has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamy View Post
I hope so too - and I also hope once you get your green card you don't forget those behind you
I pray after us no one should ever waste their valuable short life thinking about getting GC .I pray GC should be something that should be the last thing on the list to worry about.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold

I totally agree with Jaime ...

i see " 150 days no ead"
"H1B expIRED "
crap crap crap .

Very Soon we will see " My wife leaving me ...what will happen to my GC"

Most of them are from weak minds & heart ..& Selfish ..

Synonyms for inJustice:
Abuse, breach, crime, damage, dirty deal, discrimination, encroachment, favoritism, grievance, inequality, inequity, infraction, infringement, iniquity, malfeasance, malpractice, maltreatment, mischief, negligence, offense, one-sidedness, oppression, outrage, partiality, partisanship, prejudice, raw deal, rotten deal, ruin, sellout, transgression, trespass, unfairness, unjustness, unlawfulness, villainy, violation, wrongdoing

Old 11-28-2007, 11:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Good for you

Members have a variety of issues that they want to discuss and after the flood of I-485 filings in July/August, EAD/AP is something that a lot of us are dealing with. Just because people are concerned about EAD/AP does not mean they have abandoned IV's bigger goals.

Seriously, chill out ! You can always choose which section of the forum you want to visit

Last edited by sam_hoosier; 11-28-2007 at 11:57 AM.