Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2010, 06:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
weare4ms is infamous around these parts weare4ms is infamous around these parts
Default Opened a SR (Is this a good or a bad thing)

My PD is current as per July 2010. I just wanted to casually enquire my case and called USCIS today.I had called couple of times yesterday too and was told to wait for 45 days. I asked if I could speak with an IO. Immediately, my call was transferred to someone.The second person asked bit rudely if this was the 1st time I was calling and it appears that I have called few times in last few days. I very politely asked about the status of my pending 485 case. He said that he does not have any information about my case and immediately opened a SR. Even before, I could think the SR was opened and was told it has been sent to NSC for processing.

Is opening a SR a good thing or a bad thing? I read in some posts, that opening a SR will automatically invoke a RFE. Is that true? I'm very worried now.I do not want to have RFE when my date has become current.

My PD is March 24th 2005 EB2 (India)
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
kevinkris is a splendid one to behold kevinkris is a splendid one to behold kevinkris is a splendid one to behold kevinkris is a splendid one to behold kevinkris is a splendid one to behold kevinkris is a splendid one to behold kevinkris is a splendid one to behold kevinkris is a splendid one to behold
Default Double edged sword..

The problem with SR may be good or bad..
So you have to accept anything which can happen. Pray that it will be good..

For me i am having an issue that i transferred my employer and didn't applied for AC21. So i don't want to invite problems by opening SR. But i am loosing a chance of approval if my application is not touched.

As per the current approval trend, they are issuing GC's randomly. Not based on PD order.
As so many people like you who has Mar 2005 are waiting people who opened SR with Sept 2005 are getting approved.

Good luck on your case. Keep us posted of any developments..

Quote:
Originally Posted by weare4ms View Post
My PD is current as per July 2010. I just wanted to casually enquire my case and called USCIS today.I had called couple of times yesterday too and was told to wait for 45 days. I asked if I could speak with an IO. Immediately, my call was transferred to someone.The second person asked bit rudely if this was the 1st time I was calling and it appears that I have called few times in last few days. I very politely asked about the status of my pending 485 case. He said that he does not have any information about my case and immediately opened a SR. Even before, I could think the SR was opened and was told it has been sent to NSC for processing.

Is opening a SR a good thing or a bad thing? I read in some posts, that opening a SR will automatically invoke a RFE. Is that true? I'm very worried now.I do not want to have RFE when my date has become current.

My PD is March 24th 2005 EB2 (India)

PD: Aug 8th 2005 EB2 India NSC
140 Approved - Mar 2008
485 - RD 13th Aug 2008 - ND 26th Sept 2008
EAD/ AP cleared
Name Check, FP cleared - Source InfoPass

150$ donated so far
Go IV Go
Have you given HighFive?
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=20183

Old 07-02-2010, 10:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
k3GC is a glorious beacon of light k3GC is a glorious beacon of light k3GC is a glorious beacon of light k3GC is a glorious beacon of light k3GC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Infopass and SR

what is the difference between an Infopass and SR? We can take an Infopass appointment online, got to the local office and meet the IO. Do we get different information via an SR

Old 07-02-2010, 11:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3GC View Post
what is the difference between an Infopass and SR? We can take an Infopass appointment online, got to the local office and meet the IO. Do we get different information via an SR
At info pass u get to see the officer who will initiate the SR. I think there is not much of a difference. The field office cannot take any action. They check ur case status and open an SR if necessary.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
weare4ms is infamous around these parts weare4ms is infamous around these parts

The IO seemed really pissed off and his tone was very curt and rude. Just praying nothing bad happens to my case. My case , so far has been straight forward and very clean.

Was going crazy at office and was checking USCIS case status every 20 mins :-). The call transfer to IO was so simple and I was excited and ended up not so well.

I think patience is the key.

Old 07-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold

why would a SR result with a RFE ? SR is 'service request'. they need to have legit reason for RFE. They can't send a RFE just because you called several times.

IO qickly opened a SR because he didn't want to 'waste' his time talking to you. so relax. SR != RFE

Last edited by hoolahoous; 07-03-2010 at 02:39 PM.

Old 07-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
capriol is just really nice capriol is just really nice capriol is just really nice capriol is just really nice
Default oscarzumaran

[quote=oscarzumaran;1966588]I think calling a few times, opening SR or even taking infopass is a bad thing, especially if your PD is current. Why invite trouble? If they get mad, they will just "mark" your case and issue RFE or mark for personal interview. Don't worry....if current and clean case, you should receive GC soon. Mine PD was Oct 2006 and I already received "card ordered" email.

oscarzumaran,
how dod you get your card production ordered--if your PD is Oct 2006?
Good luck though on the approval.