Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
saileshdude is a splendid one to behold saileshdude is a splendid one to behold saileshdude is a splendid one to behold saileshdude is a splendid one to behold saileshdude is a splendid one to behold saileshdude is a splendid one to behold saileshdude is a splendid one to behold saileshdude is a splendid one to behold

Thanks nrk. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I was current for two months in 2008 but did not get. So hoping for the best this time but again I would not be surprised if I don't get it, especially looking at USCIS/DOS works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
All the best sailesh you are current
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts

I was current for 2 months in 2008, didn't get. lets hope for the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by saileshdude View Post
Thanks nrk. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I was current for two months in 2008 but did not get. So hoping for the best this time but again I would not be surprised if I don't get it, especially looking at USCIS/DOS works.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/22/2012
Compare
ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute
Default True Identity

Folks,

In our legal immigrant community, we have the following Groups (G) of people:

G1) Handful of leaders - folks who clearly understand that only legislative fixes and administrative fixes can provide realistic help
G2) Dozens of volunteers - who are willing to take that extra step and contribute time and effort for the sake of others
G3) Hundreds of donors, both regular or one-time - who trust IV leadership and commit to the cause without any qualms whatsoever
G4) Thousands of members - who try to understand the issues we are facing but do not have a realistic assessment of how bad things are
G5) Many more - who either are not bothered by this wait or who simply gave up on this process and became dormant of some sorts of their career

While the predictions thread provided some clarity and entertainment for EB2 folks, this September 2010 bulletin is a blessing in disguise for all of us.

Current state of our Members (M):
M1) We have recently greened EB2 folks (2005-2006 EB2 folks), who have a fresh memory of the painful wait
M2) We have folks who relied on predictions (May 2006 - Jul 2007 EB2 folks), who must be frustrated and disappointed with today's bulletin
M3) We have folks who were looking forward to Jul-Sep 2011 (Aug 2007 - Dec 2008 EB2 folks), who now realize that their wait is even longer than assumed
M4) We have EB-3 folks waiting forever and feeling that they are being neglected in IV advocacy efforts

Folks who are in M2/M3/M4 state above should take some time and contemplate the options they have between now and Sep 2011.

I can see three Options (O):

O1) "Wait and Watch" option:
This applies to folks who are either close to the PD being current or folks who are on EADs or folks who are happy with their current career state

O2) "You are on your own" option:
EB-3 folks - can try find a job where the employer is ready to start their EB-2 GC process within the next 6 months (make sure your current GC application has an approved 140)
EB-2 folks - can try find a job where the employer is ready to start their EB-1 GC process

O3) "We are in this together" option
All EB-2 and EB-3 folks sign up for a concerted effort where IV leadership is in the driver's seat.

Each one of us should be able to relate to one combination of Group/Member/Option (GMOs) from the above list.

Personally I'm G3M3O3, what are you?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
tooclose can only hope to improve

Quote:
I was current in 2008 and then got RFE for me and for my spouse in 2008. We provided the evidence then. The status changed from RFE to RFE Review on Aug-1-2010.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts

I believe they might have assigned a visa number to you. Please raise a SR or take infopass and try to find out more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooclose View Post
I was current in 2008 and then got RFE for me and for my spouse in 2008. We provided the evidence then. The status changed from RFE to RFE Review on Aug-1-2010.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare

Quote:
I believe they might have assigned a visa number to you. Please raise a SR or take infopass and try to find out more.
Well I jumped a little too early and opened a SR in July. The following is the response I received:

================================================== ========
The status of this service request is:

The Service is waiting for VISA availability. Once a VISA becomes available allow additional time for your application to be reviewed by an Officer and you will be notified as soon as a decision is made

It is less than 60 days old status now and hence cant open a SR for 1.5 months

BTW, it has been over 2.5 months now and my AP hasnt been approved yet

Old 08-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
paritp is infamous around these parts

he was right....and 8th may is a very very decent movement.......we should all be happy,atleast the dates are moving.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare

Hopefully they might be waiting to approve both AP and 485 together. (I am thinking they might have taken the amount on AP already)

Take an info pass appointment to get more details if it is close to you.

Quote:
Well I jumped a little too early and opened a SR in July. The following is the response I received:

The status of this service request is:

The Service is waiting for VISA availability. Once a VISA becomes available allow additional time for your application to be reviewed by an Officer and you will be notified as soon as a decision is made

It is less than 60 days old status now and hence cant open a SR for 1.5 months

BTW, it has been over 2.5 months now and my AP hasnt been approved yet

Old 08-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare

Quote:
Hopefully they might be waiting to approve both AP and 485 together. (I am thinking they might have taken the amount on AP already)

Take an info pass appointment to get more details if it is close to you.
I am in Mar first week PD and hence dont know whether my PD is current yet (Aug VB). Planning to wait for the first week of September before taking an infopass appointment.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
k_usa is a jewel in the rough k_usa is a jewel in the rough k_usa is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Hi Sailesh, congrats...Don't worry this time you will get it. Now USCIS is far better compared to where they are in 2008.

I felt bad in 2008 as i could n't get it after filing the application on July 2nd also...

One time contribution - 100$
Sent Flowers to USCIS
10$ for HIGH FIVE

EB2-I (PD:01/2006)
TSC, 07/02/2007 Filer..
Case Pre-Adjudicated on 09/26/2008
Case Assigned to IO on 07/28/2010

GREENED on 08/05/2010
Welcome Notice Received 08/12/2010
Received GREEN CARD on 08/16/2010

Old 08-11-2010, 12:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare

If you are in March first week PD, you will be current from September 1st 2010.

I would do the following.

I will open a SR on the first working day of the September (As you have already done this and can not do one more SR in the next 45 days)
Will taken an infopass around 10th of September (Just waiting to see whether the date retrogress or not. If the date stays as it is for October 2010 i don't go to infopass otherwise i will go to infopass around mid of September to find out more details)

Quote:
I am in Mar first week PD and hence dont know whether my PD is current yet (Aug VB). Planning to wait for the first week of September before taking an infopass appointment.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare

Quote:
If you are in March first week PD, you will be current from September 1st 2010.

I would do the following.

I will open a SR on the first working day of the September (As you have already done this and can not do one more SR in the next 45 days)
Will taken an infopass around 10th of September (Just waiting to see whether the date retrogress or not. If the date stays as it is for October 2010 i don't go to infopass otherwise i will go to infopass around mid of September to find out more details)
Thanks nrk for your thoughts and advice. Good luck !!!

Old 08-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare

Good luck for you as well.

Quote:
Thanks nrk for your thoughts and advice. Good luck !!!

Old 08-11-2010, 01:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Techieforever is a name known to all Techieforever is a name known to all Techieforever is a name known to all Techieforever is a name known to all Techieforever is a name known to all Techieforever is a name known to all
Default Sorry if it's not relevant

Guys, I am not sure how to open a SR (Is SR and Info pass means same). Could any of you guys shed some light for me

Thanks guys

Old 08-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare

They are not the same.

Service Request you will open by calling 1 800 number and talk to an agent over the telephone.

Info pass appointment is you go to local USCIS office where you talk to one of the officers in person.

the below is the website to take info pass appointment
InfoPass..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techieforever View Post
Guys, I am not sure how to open a SR (Is SR and Info pass means same). Could any of you guys shed some light for me

Thanks guys

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.