Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Techieforever is a name known to all Techieforever is a name known to all Techieforever is a name known to all Techieforever is a name known to all Techieforever is a name known to all Techieforever is a name known to all

Thanks NRK is that number same on our receipt? I am sorry but can you tell me how to get a live person...
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts

Service Request you will call the number on your receipt .

Info pass --> follow this link
InfoPass..
1. Choose english as the language
2. click Make your appointment with Infopass button
3. enter your zip code and country
4. Please select Kind of Service you need
5. if you select a service on the application already filed from step 4
the following options will be there.
Order from Immigration Court - If you were directed to us for processing based on an order from the Immigration Judge. You must bring all documents required in the post order instructions given to you by the court.

Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.

EAD inquiry appointment - If your I-765 employment authorization application has been pending for more than 90 days.

Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

Select one of the options.

6. Enter your name and personal details and click next it will give the appoint times available to you, choose a time and take the necessary documentation (485 receipts etc) to
the appointment office in person.

7. there you will get a chance to talk to one of the officer in person. they will try to clear your questions as they can.

There might be good documentation about the steps in ImmigrationVoice website, search for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techieforever View Post
Thanks NRK is that number same on our receipt? I am sorry but can you tell me how to get a live person...

Old 08-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/31/2008
Compare
rangaswamy has a spectacular aura about rangaswamy has a spectacular aura about rangaswamy has a spectacular aura about
Default PD: received date or approved date

Can some one clarify if the PD is based on the day labor application was received or the day it was approved?

My I140 states it as the day it was approved.
Notice date Sep 10th 2007 for 485,131 and 765 from NSC
Participated in San Jose Rally and also a regular contributor.

Old 08-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts
Default PD = Labor application filed date

PD = Date on which your labor application received.

My 140 says it is the date on which my labor application received. i believe it is the case with all.

Please contact USCIS to get that corrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaswamy View Post
Can some one clarify if the PD is based on the day labor application was received or the day it was approved?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
Default wikipedia link attached

Hi

please read this

In all cases, the date the labor certification is filed (directly with the United States Department of Labor for PERM applications, or with a State Workforce Agency for RIR applications)

from the wikipedia link

Priority date - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

------------------

Quote:

Old 08-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/31/2008
Compare
rangaswamy has a spectacular aura about rangaswamy has a spectacular aura about rangaswamy has a spectacular aura about
Default Thanks nrk

Thanks for the info. I went and pulled up the 9089 filing and just saw that the filing date was 15th may 2006, the expiry date was 3/31/2008 and hence i might have incorrectly assumed that the filing date was 2 years before that.

Sucks! i missed the cutoff by a week
Notice date Sep 10th 2007 for 485,131 and 765 from NSC
Participated in San Jose Rally and also a regular contributor.

Old 08-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare

Don't worry rangaswamy, most likely your date will be current in the coming months (before december 2010 for sure)

good luck

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I went and pulled up the 9089 filing and just saw that the filing date was 15th may 2006, the expiry date was 3/31/2008 and hence i might have incorrectly assumed that the filing date was 2 years before that.

Sucks! i missed the cutoff by a week

Old 08-11-2010, 02:22 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vishwak has a reputation beyond repute vishwak has a reputation beyond repute vishwak has a reputation beyond repute vishwak has a reputation beyond repute vishwak has a reputation beyond repute vishwak has a reputation beyond repute vishwak has a reputation beyond repute vishwak has a reputation beyond repute vishwak has a reputation beyond repute vishwak has a reputation beyond repute vishwak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

A priority date, in an employment-based (EB) case requiring Labor Certification (LC), is the officially acknowledged date that the case was filed at the state level Department of Labor office, referred to as the SESA. If the EB case was filed in a category that does not require labor certification, then the priority date assigned by the INS is the date the I-140 (Immigrant Visa Petition) is received by the INS Service Center.

source: MurthyDotCom : Priority Dates : How Do They Work?

Old 08-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
tooclose can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwak View Post
Very Disappointment for me.....as i missed it with couple of days.

Visa Bulletin for September 2010

I'm not sure if they are going to move dates in Oct or not...
vishwak,

I just got off the call from uscis regarding my I-485. My PD is in the first week of Mar 2006.

Per the USCIS website, they are suppose to process even the first week of Mar 2006 although the Aug VB says it is 01MAR06. I spoke to the second level IO and he was confident that my case would have to wait for the next month. I insisted that the uscis website says otherways, he went and verified with the third level (or his peer) and came back and told me that I was correct.
Infact told me that my case was pre-adjd and being reviewed by IO currently.

I am sure the same applies to you with the Sep VB. Good luck !!!

Note: This is not a legal advice and don't quote me on it.

Old 08-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooclose View Post
vishwak,

I just got off the call from uscis regarding my I-485. My PD is in the first week of Mar 2006.

Per the USCIS website, they are suppose to process even the first week of Mar 2006 although the Aug VB says it is 01MAR06. I spoke to the second level IO and he was confident that my case would have to wait for the next month. I insisted that the uscis website says otherways, he went and verified with the third level (or his peer) and came back and told me that I was correct.

How long does the IO usually take to review 485 cases (assuming that the case has been pre-adjtd.) ? Gurus...pls post your thoughts

Old 08-12-2010, 02:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
vnandster is on a distinguished road

... Per the USCIS website, they are suppose to process even the first week of Mar 2006 although the Aug VB says it is 01MAR06 ...

tooclose -

Can you post the link to the page on the USCIS site which says so?

Old 08-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
vineet is a splendid one to behold vineet is a splendid one to behold vineet is a splendid one to behold vineet is a splendid one to behold vineet is a splendid one to behold vineet is a splendid one to behold vineet is a splendid one to behold
Default Some hope now!

Quote:
vishwak,

Cool...This gives me some hope that my PD of May 8th will also be considered current from Sep 1.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnandster View Post
... Per the USCIS website, they are suppose to process even the first week of Mar 2006 although the Aug VB says it is 01MAR06 ...

tooclose -

Can you post the link to the page on the USCIS site which says so?
http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/Immi...ation%20of.pdf

Old 08-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare

Quote:
How long does the IO usually take to review 485 cases (assuming that the case has been pre-adjtd.) ? Gurus...pls post your thoughts
Gurus... do you know how long this takes usually ?