Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute

We should help IV in it's administrative fixes campaign. At least we'll have 3 year EAD/APs, opportunity for promotion etc. while the VB bulletins haunt us with dire results for the next couple of years.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default All IVans should help IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking_dude View Post
We should help IV in it's administrative fixes campaign. At least we'll have 3 year EAD/APs, opportunity for promotion etc. while the VB bulletins haunt us with dire results for the next couple of years.
I second that.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
SFSweta has a spectacular aura about SFSweta has a spectacular aura about SFSweta has a spectacular aura about
Default What The Visa Bulletin Means

Hi Arindamb,
It means that no Indian who has filed under the EB2 category can apply for their AOS until the category is made available again, as per the priority date.

However, AOS applications already submitted will continue to be processed - albeit slowly. I was under the impression of what you implied in your post as well - that they aren't adjudicating any India-EB2 applications - but that is incorrect.

Anyways, I actually take it to be a good sign only because they're working through applications already filed and adjudicating on them.

Hope this information proves helpful and I apologize if I'm posting this to the wrong forum.

Sincerely,
Sweta.

Last edited by SFSweta; 01-09-2008 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold

It was expected. Lets help IV with admin fix campaign...

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginia_desi View Post

Old 01-09-2008, 08:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/15/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/15/2010
Compare
sweet23guyin is a name known to all sweet23guyin is a name known to all sweet23guyin is a name known to all sweet23guyin is a name known to all sweet23guyin is a name known to all sweet23guyin is a name known to all
Default Letters + flowers

I think we have add flowers along with out letters to president.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-01
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/21/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/21/2007
Compare
arindamb is on a distinguished road

Yes, I think you are correct. As per the September 2007 bulletin EB3 India was Unavailable and yet on there are multiple EB3-India approvals. To me the I-485 stage is a complete blackhole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFSweta View Post
Hi Arindamb,
It means that no Indian who has filed under the EB2 category can apply for their AOS until the category is made available again, as per the priority date.

However, AOS applications already submitted will continue to be processed - albeit slowly. I was under the impression of what you implied in your post as well - that they aren't adjudicating any India-EB2 applications - but that is incorrect.

Anyways, I actually take it to be a good sign only because they're working through applications already filed and adjudicating on them.

Hope this information proves helpful and I apologize if I'm posting this to the wrong forum.

Sincerely,
Sweta.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Georgia
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bestia is just really nice bestia is just really nice bestia is just really nice bestia is just really nice bestia is just really nice
Default incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFSweta View Post

Sveta, it's not quite correct. The applications will be processed (whatever slowly means) and will be in "preadjudicated" state until priority date will become current. No AOS is possible without visa number assigned to it and no visa number can be assigned if priority date is not current.

Meanwhile USCIS might be sending RFEs, reviewing cases, maybe even revoking I-140s, but no adjudication. So 'U' is a bad sign for our Indian friends. Those cases without visa numbers assigned will be rotting for pretty long time.

This is how I understand it. Anybody correct me if I'm wrong.
I-485: Filed June, 2007

Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger

Old 01-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginia_desi View Post
More depressing is that the ANNUAL limit has been hit. Which means EB2-India is going to stay U until atleast July 2008 VB. (when rollover of visa's across categories starts). No point looking at the next 5 months VBs....

Old 01-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of
Talking Hope is a Great Word

Knowing USCIS Trend.....I believe and HOPE that very soon we will see a repeat of June/July 2007 bulletin.

U will become C for Eb2. See the letters from USCIS .....There is a "S" in between U and C.....which is the Siesta time that USCIS takes, before they release another 60K GC's in 2008.

Hoping is Free.......No charge involved....Definitly cheaper than the 20K i spent in the past 3 years for GC and H1 renewals.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:31 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2002
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2004
Compare
485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute

Recapture of unused visas is the only admin fix that will reduce the queue, every thing else provides a false sense of security.

if there are 100k in EB2 for india and there is no recapture or a change in immigration policy, then one is looking at a 15-20 year wait. What good is AC21 or renewing EAD every 3 years. -- just imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridiani.planum View Post
More depressing is that the ANNUAL limit has been hit. Which means EB2-India is going to stay U until atleast July 2008 VB. (when rollover of visa's across categories starts). No point looking at the next 5 months VBs....

Old 01-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 485Mbe4001 View Post
Recapture of unused visas is the only admin fix that will reduce the queue, every thing else provides a false sense of security.

if there are 100k in EB2 for india and there is no recapture or a change in immigration policy, then one is looking at a 15-20 year wait. What good is AC21 or renewing EAD every 3 years. -- just imo
for the Nth time:
recapture of unused visas is a LEGISLATIVE fix, not an administrative one.

Legislative is something that the senate/house/president have to sign into law.
Administrative is something the USCIS can do on its own discretion.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2002
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2004
Compare
485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute

Read Item 1 in the sample of the letter to the president and IV

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=16506 (Massive IV campaign for Administrative fixes)

Quote:
for the Nth time:

Old 01-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/29/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
greencard_fever is just really nice greencard_fever is just really nice greencard_fever is just really nice greencard_fever is just really nice
Post what ever is it we need it...

Quote:
for the Nth time:

Alright guys...it may be an administrative fix or Legislative what ever it is but we need those visas numbers to be recraptured and we need to support the IV in doing that...

Old 01-09-2008, 09:08 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed.

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Contributed to all action items for H.R.3012 including $1400.00

Old 01-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

This was expected since last month. Nothing new.
Nothing may happen until the elections if we do not push it hard enough. This is the reason we started the letters campaign. It is now upon the community to make it successful.