Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2008, 10:01 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
venkatshan is on a distinguished road
Default Campaign?

Why waste time. GC is not end of life. Just move-on. Who knows how the world economy is going to be when we get our so called GC.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United States
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lotsofspace is a glorious beacon of light lotsofspace is a glorious beacon of light lotsofspace is a glorious beacon of light lotsofspace is a glorious beacon of light lotsofspace is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Election2008 View Post
THANKSSS MUCH
I just got curious why you had so many red marks with just three posts and looked at your previous posts.

Welcome back.
Hope you will have a positive contribution to IV and positive impact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Election2008 View Post
I dont want 5000 emails in my inbox. The responses by members have been less then warm. My intentions have been doubted. I am well connected in the Asian community and my idea was to get the IV word out. Apparently not.

Thank you and I am out of here

Administrators -please delete this thread.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/24/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by humdesi View Post
While we are on this topic. Has anybody switched from EB-2 to EB-3? What is the procedure?
Funny question....
How could you switch? You cannot bring down ur work exp. from more than 5 years to 3 years or less..or you cannot denounce ur masters degree and say I am only bachelors..
Monthly $5 Contribution

"Success is not an event; itís a process"

Old 01-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nomorelogins will become famous soon enough nomorelogins will become famous soon enough
Default Why not How.

while i can see a person accepting a post requiring lesser qualifications than necessary, it may raise suspicion with the officer w.r.t your motive to do so, and also the company's...

Old 01-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2007
Compare
aquarianf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamb View Post
Does U mean that they will stop processing EB2 India immediately ? or is it that there are applications already in the pipeline with visa numbers and cases can be processed ? I know people who had medical RFEs on their cases with visa numbers already assigned to their case. Even though the dates were retrogressed their cases were adjucated.

From the bulletin looks like a lot of EB2 India cases should have been approved in December 2007 to hit the limit.

Also is it true that so many backlogged labors were approved since September 2007 that they hit the visa number limit. It would be interesting to get information on the priority dates of the people who were approved under the EB2 category in the FY 2008 timeframe.
I guess USCIS has already allocated large number of visa numbers in last couple of months. Two of my friends and their family got GC couple of days ago. They have PD of 01/2004 (IND) and 11/2003 (Philipinse) and filed 485 in June 07 and Jul 07 respectively.

It looks like uscis has already allocated visa number to approvable cases before date were retrogated and afte Christmas's vacation they started working agaian.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cjain has much to be proud of cjain has much to be proud of cjain has much to be proud of cjain has much to be proud of cjain has much to be proud of cjain has much to be proud of cjain has much to be proud of cjain has much to be proud of
Default Was this legal????

From

http://usimmlaw.com/current_information.htm

And was this legal????

Maybe not. Section 203(e) of the Immigration and Nationality Act provides that employment based visas are to be made available "in the order in which a petition in behalf of each such immigrant is filed with the Attorney General...."

We know that the USCIS has adjudicated newer cases ahead of some older cases - some of which have been on their shelf for years. On the other hand, the "rapid" action of the USCIS has meant that some lucky applicants had their cases completed months or years earlier than otherwise might have been the case.

Old 01-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-01
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/21/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/21/2007
Compare
arindamb is on a distinguished road
Default I-485 stage a complete blackhole

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarianf View Post
I guess USCIS has already allocated large number of visa numbers in last couple of months. Two of my friends and their family got GC couple of days ago. They have PD of 01/2004 (IND) and 11/2003 (Philipinse) and filed 485 in June 07 and Jul 07 respectively.

That means your friends got approval on their I-485 even when their priority date was not current ?

Old 01-10-2008, 12:14 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eeezzz is a jewel in the rough eeezzz is a jewel in the rough eeezzz is a jewel in the rough
Default my 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabletpc View Post
EB2 is "U"
It might take a decade i guess to make it current..!!!!
It might take a decade for PD to get to 2008 or 2007
To be real "current", not the July 2007 case, I don't think that is going to happen if the rules remain the same.

Old 01-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future

Dont get me wrong coz this is a sensitive issue. If only the next person inline gets it. I have no problem with it coz they cannot keep others waiting forever if his app is having issues with namecheck or something. Coz if they dont use it, another number go down the drain.
Attended DC rally
NC state chapter http://groups.google.com/group/iv-nc

Old 01-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2010
Compare
permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute

We are getting used to it too :-) no point jumping the ship now as eb2 will move later. I agree stop eb3 to eb2 and vice versa.

Old 01-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2010
Compare
permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute
Default No ship jumpings

We are getting used to it now :-). Eb2 will move later so should stop eb2 to eb3 and vice versa

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3retro View Post
no offense to you too dude..given the current situation, may be they should not allow people to convert from eb2 to eb3 also.. , if you are not used to having "U" in EB2 , welcome to retrogression, we eb3 folks are used to that..

Old 01-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute

Guys,

Discussions won't solve the issue? Only your actions will. Send the letter to the President and IV. Do your part in the effort. It will help you more than participating in or creating yet another heated discussion which will not yeield in positive results in your life.

All it takes is a pen (or printer if your handwriting is unreadable like me), pen and 41 cents stamp to make your voice heard in the White House.

Flowers to USCIS. Rally @ Capitol. Letters to the White House. IV rocks Washington DC.

Old 01-10-2008, 12:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/15/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/15/2010
Compare
sweet23guyin is a name known to all sweet23guyin is a name known to all sweet23guyin is a name known to all sweet23guyin is a name known to all sweet23guyin is a name known to all sweet23guyin is a name known to all
Default I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski_dude12 View Post
Meanwhile, please contribute to IV.
I am doing on a monthly basis...think it is $400 to date
When ever i suggest other to do the same, I am getting red marks ! I think that is the case with you too

Old 01-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eeezzz is a jewel in the rough eeezzz is a jewel in the rough eeezzz is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahwah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by qvadis
Unfortunately, EB3 ROW is also heavily retrogressed as well, and any unused EB1/EB2 visas will first trickle down to EB3 before they go to EB2 India....
correct. eb1 and eb2 row unused visas will first go to eb3 row but unused eb1 India unused visas will go to eb2 india. i dont expect in filtering of unused eb row visas to come to india though that has happened many years in the past.
I agree with qvadis' point. not wahwah's. First I don't think there's reserved quota for any country, there's only limitation for each country. I don't think "unused Eb-1 India quota goes to Eb-2 India" will happen, because there's no reserved Eb-1 India quota to start with.
Hopefully unused EB-1 quota will be used for EB-2 and/or EB-3 category at the 4th quarter. If EB-2 India still shows U and EB-3 India has cut off date, then EB-3 India is more likely to be benefited from that but not EB-2 India.
So even if EB-3 ROW is current, as long as the cut off date shows as U, that country is not going to be benefited from those unused quota at the 4th quarter.

Last edited by eeezzz; 01-10-2008 at 12:40 PM. Reason: typo

Old 01-10-2008, 12:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Compare
sapota is a name known to all sapota is a name known to all sapota is a name known to all sapota is a name known to all sapota is a name known to all sapota is a name known to all
Default So this means

that there were some people in EB2 India from the previous millennium that consumed these visa numbers. I am happy for them, though I am irritated by the ironical nature between EB2 & EB3 visa demand.

BTW; my masters degree & Indian passport are on sale in ebay. I just need to sell either then I will be better off !!!!!!!!!
I-140 RD 07/28/07. LUD 08/14/07.
I-485 RD 08/03/07
Proud Member, Texas State Chapter: http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/texasiv