Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/30/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future
Default Life After New Namecheck Process: Preadjudication of Retrogressed Cases??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazycis View Post
http://www..com/discussion-f...841/last-page/

"I called up an IO at NSC and they said they are swamped with the news of the 180 day NC requirement. She did confirm that this was true and that cases were being moved into different areas in order to get assigned to Officers. Mine being one of them."

So the USCIS finally knows about it
On the other note, those 88 cents I spent to download that document from the court site are my best investment since I've bought a house. Anybody needs green points?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjoe View Post

What is interesting is that both Zest2003 and Zenfloater on are EB-3 India with priority dates in Summer 2003. So neither of them has a current PD.

I had three separate conversations in the last few weeks -- with a TSC IO, with staff in Michael Aytes office and with staff in the Ombudsmans Office, all of whom confirmed that cases are not assigned to adjudicators if their priority dates are not current i.e. no preadjudication of retrogressed cases.

I made strong arguments to both staffers about how unjust this is since if dates move, retrogressed cases won't be good to go, and unused visas go to less retrogressed or unretrogressed categories.

Now these two posters on seem to suggest that retrogressed cases are being given to adjudicators....it would be great if other retrogressed applicants posted about what they are hearing.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-01
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2007
Compare
iv_only_hope is just really nice iv_only_hope is just really nice iv_only_hope is just really nice iv_only_hope is just really nice iv_only_hope is just really nice

One thing I would like to know on those lines assume yours is true that cases do not go to officers unless PD current. So how does it work. Lets say today PD is 2003. Tomorrows VB PD becomes 04. So assume 2 cases one with RD apr 07 and one with may 07 both with same PD 04. Would april case go to him? What if during one month period VB rolls back. If hes not done would he keep case back?

Old 02-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice

bump

It would be really great to get clarification on this issue. Hope it's taken up by AILA in the immediate future like you indicated.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/30/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future

All,

I did not contact the Ombudsmans Office or Aytes or AILA or DOS in order to discuss my personal case. It was just a part of my now years long efforts to bring attention to certain issues -- I've been speaking with staff at the Ombudsmans office for several years now, some issues and recommendations that have appeared in his report over the years were the result of these conversations.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/30/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderson View Post
bump

It would be really great to get clarification on this issue. Hope it's taken up by AILA in the immediate future like you indicated.
I'm not sure it will be taken up by AILA -- I was so surprised by the resistance I encountered when I asked a well known attorney with a blog (v. popular with IV members) to submit this question to the AILA committee which reviews topics for liason meetings, and it took several rounds of email and some very severe rhetoric from me to even get him to send it to the committee! I feel it is terrible that our self-professed advocates hesitate even to ASK a question, let alone propose specific reforms...

The deadline for submitting questions is Feb 15 -- so if you are interested, get in touch with your attorneys and send in the question. Maybe numbers will move them.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute
Default USCIS revises namecheck policy

http://www.ilw.com/immigdaily/news/2...-namecheck.pdf
I140 approval Oct 2006
I485 filed Jul 2 07
I485 approved on Jul 25 2011
Received green cards on Jul 28 2011

Old 02-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/30/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramaonline View Post
Rama, you are a bit late to the party -- the first post in this thread is a follow up to a post in a whole thread on the new name check policy -- see
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=17146 (Name check not required for I-485 approval if pending >180 days)

Old 02-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googler View Post
I'm not sure it will be taken up by AILA -- I was so surprised by the resistance I encountered when I asked a well known attorney with a blog (v. popular with IV members) to submit this question to the AILA committee which reviews topics for liason meetings, and it took several rounds of email and some very severe rhetoric from me to even get him to send it to the committee! I feel it is terrible that our self-professed advocates hesitate even to ASK a question, let alone propose specific reforms...

The deadline for submitting questions is Feb 15 -- so if you are interested, get in touch with your attorneys and send in the question. Maybe numbers will move them.
Can you provide some more information on the AILA liaison meetings? Excuse my ignorance but I have never heard of it before.

Can we ask AILA to support the letter campaign? Specifically, can we ask AILA to push for recapturing 218K unused visas and clarification on how they might be allocated, if recaptured?

Thanks!

Old 02-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/30/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecollarslave View Post
Can you provide some more information on the AILA liaison meetings? Excuse my ignorance but I have never heard of it before.

Can we ask AILA to support the letter campaign? Specifically, can we ask AILA to push for recapturing 218K unused visas and clarification on how they might be allocated, if recaptured?

Thanks!
It is my understanding that these liaison meetings are to discuss specific administrative and procedural issues at the service centers (not to discuss major reform). To get an idea of the topics covered see http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?bc=6721|6727
The docs themselves are available to AILA members only but you can see the topics discussed.

So to the extent that you have specific questions about the adjudication process itself you can send them to an AILA member and ask them to submit those questions to the AILA Liaison committee which may or may not choose to ask that question in the liaison meeting with USCIS -- each session has specific sub topics so they don't address every question out there.

Recapture and other major changes to the law are likely handled by other committees at AILA.