Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

View Poll Results: Do you commit to participate in a class action lawsuit against USCIS
Yes 222 85.38%
No 38 14.62%
Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2008, 09:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Class Action Lawsuit for Visa recapture

Poll results thus far: 201Yes 36No
Wow.. guess who is unpopular around these parts

As suggested by many, its time to find out what we can get together as far as commitment goes.

I am a lowly member. While I have raised this issue, I think there is definitely someone else here better than me at leading this issue & getting people together. So if the moderators can allow members willing to step forward and help out with this, to have edit permissions on this thread, that would be help

We may have different school of thoughts, but we are all still IV. No matter what we do, it is more important for us to be united and not let an issue like this cleave us. It would be nice to hear where the IV leadership stands on this and what kind of support can be expected.

Can the moderators please modify the poll to be the following or add another poll to this thread. I don't seem to have the requisite permissions.

Q) Do you commit to participate in a class action lawsuit against USCIS
Options:
1) I am willing to commit $10-$20 needed for the initial consultation ($600-$1000)
2) Yes. I am willing to commit $500
3) Yes. I'm willing to be a plaintiff ( full name and full contact info required)
4) Yes. I'm willing to commit $500 and become a plaintiff as well
5) No. I don't think it will work

More info:
----------------------------------------------
What: Lawsuit against USCIS

Why: Possibly the only near term solution to retrogression. 218,759 visas are available for recapture and those numbers were lost due to systematic agency delays and bad policies (i.e. name check). The terms of settlement would include RECAPTURE OF LOST VISAS along with recovery of cost of litigation. Apparently, about 50 asylees have filed a similar lawsuit to challenge the retrogression in their category.

Who: All thos who are willing to make this change. You indicate your willingness and support by saying 'Yes' in the poll above. The poll above is just a headcount. We are hoping we can count on you for support.

How: We can kick this off with an initial consultation with an attorney. A $$ collection will soon be organized depending on the support expressed in the poll.

Can we do it? Yes... If we can come to this great country with just 2 bags in our hands and create a life for us here... we can totally do this.

NOTE: IV core forever rocks in our books for what they did relating to July 2nd. IV's agenda cannot be discounted. We are all part of IV and it would be very nice to get direction from them on how can take this further correctly. We will see members who do not agree with our point of view. The least we can do is attempt to understand their point of view.

Great info posted by member lazycis related to this:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...939#post222939
http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/c...processing.pdf

Original Post follows:
----------------------------------------------
Clear up your mind for a little while and consider this:

The whole working world lives by on one simple rule ..... GETTING PEOPLE OFF YOUR BACK.
The bigger PITA (pain-in-the-ass) you are... the higher is the priority you get.

As a community we will need to become a PR nightmare for govt. officals... simply being an inconvenience is not going to cut it... we will have to become a "a cactus that is stuck in the colon".

USCIS says EBs are retrogressed because there are XXXXX people in the queue. Why is the queue so long? Because they wasted numbers in the past and kept the queue long. This is pure operational inefficiency that is resulting in monetary, emotional and mental loss to about a million people.
This is a valid ground for a class action lawsuit.

By filing this suit, we will become the "cactii in the colon" that they will have to address. And you know what the easy out of court settlement will be..... RECAPTURE!

We will keep lobbying and crying as we usually do.. But this thing has a far better shot than anything else.
Approved on 9/9/9
FL chapter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FL_Immigration_Voice
$100 through Google Order, Plus supported almost all campaigns big and small
-:- from one great country to another
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoiceThank you.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Last edited by hopefulgc; 02-18-2008 at 11:55 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2006
Compare
mallu has a spectacular aura about mallu has a spectacular aura about mallu has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulgc View Post
.....USCIS says EBs are retrogressed because there are XXXXX people in the queue. .....
Do they publish how much is XXXXX per country ?

Old 02-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Not a Bad point

Not a bad point. I support this.

[quote=hopefulgc;222625]Clear up your mind for a little while and consider this:
RD- Sep 4th 2007
EAD- Sep 17th 2007
FP- Sep 28th
AP- Oct 1st

First application:
EB-2 Aug 2002-Employer Shut Down

GREENED AUG 5th 2010

Old 02-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bpositive is a splendid one to behold Bpositive is a splendid one to behold Bpositive is a splendid one to behold Bpositive is a splendid one to behold Bpositive is a splendid one to behold Bpositive is a splendid one to behold Bpositive is a splendid one to behold
Default agree...

I fully support this....

Old 02-12-2008, 11:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Botswana
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
soma will become famous soon enough soma will become famous soon enough
Default totally agree

just lobbying won't get us anywhere, class action lawsuit would make them listen!!!

Old 02-12-2008, 11:31 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
syzygy is on a distinguished road

This is only way to set things in order. Number of people stuck in retrogression today due to USCIS misdeeds is much larger than few years back when Rajiv Khanna lost the lawsuit. And old results shouldn't hold fresh efforts.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Agree

Educate yourself, check these out:

http://www.ailf.org/lac/asylee_adjustment.asp

http://www.uscis.gov/vgn-ext-templat...004718190aRCRD

Old 02-12-2008, 11:46 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/06/2006
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who is taking a lead on this?

???

Old 02-12-2008, 11:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Botswana
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
soma will become famous soon enough soma will become famous soon enough

how abt IV core leading us here or how abt murthy and other IV supporters who are immigration lawyers too.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:56 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/06/2006
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute
Default People on this thread

How about everyone who came up with this idea on this thread. Why should IV core or murthy or someone do this ?

Old 02-13-2008, 12:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/21/2007
Compare
sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all

Lawsuit might be worth looking into...If you see majority of any type of immigration fixes, a lawsuit or a threat of a lawsuit has been one of the major reasons for USCIS to give some ground....

Contributed to Flower campaign
Contributed to DC Rally fund
Tri-State Chapter member

Old 02-13-2008, 12:08 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
syzygy is on a distinguished road

The good reason is if USCIS was sued and something happened in our favor, the lawyers would lose us from their rugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by internet View Post
Please all contact your lawyers and AILA why they have not filed a class action lawsuits yet for us?

I can't think of a good reason why they have not till now. We will know if class action lawsuit is a good idea or a bad idea.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
matreen will become famous soon enough
Default I fully support this idea.

Yes, instead of living in dark lets do something about it....enough is enough.

M

Old 02-13-2008, 12:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of

not only monetary, emotional and mental loss, the hassle all have to go through during visa stamping everytime we go out of country (like recent PIMS delays causing troubles in jobs), something has to be done or we are going to be just barking dogs.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:53 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of

I support this. We should go for massive class action law suit.