Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2006
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/03/2007
Compare
mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute
Default service requests taking up to 60 days now and processing times 60 days behind

service requests taking up to 60 days now and processing times 60 days behind published figures.

About 45 days ago I raised a service because my receipt date was more than 60 days older than the Nebraska service center processing date. At 30 days after raising the service request I called and asked what's happening, they said wait until 45 days, at 45 days I called and asked what's happening, they said wait until 60 days.

The IO told me that they are way behind with the service requests, and it is taking 45 to 60 days to answer. Indeed they are hardly able to answer service requests.

I also asked her to hazard a guess about when my case (receipt date 4 May 2007 current with VB) might get adjudicated, she said by 30 April - they have a target to clear older petitions by 30 April. She said that they are about 60 days behind their published processing dates.

My reasoning for this -- potentially this is because of EB3 moving forward in the visa bulletin and 180 day name check rule -- it effectively moves the processing dates backwards since they are not pre-adjudicating, but they didn't want to move the reported processing times back.

She was also able to tell me that my name check was passed and confirmed that receipt date is what counts not notice date (unlike IO I previously spoke with). Something I knew but wanted to hear from them too.

So summary:
Service requests -- may take 60+ days to answer (maybe they'll say 90 days when I call at 60 days).
Real processing times are about 60+ days behind published (at least for Nebraska).

Of course since you can raise a service request when receipt date is > 60 days behind processing date, they are encouraging raising of service requests which they are now swamped with.
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Last edited by mbartosik; 03-14-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2008, 10:48 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

You may consider filing a lawsuit for delays. Talk to a good litigation lawyer.

Read my earlier post

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...68&postcount=8
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote