Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum2-retrogression-priority-dates-and-visa-bulletins/)
-   -   threats from employer (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum2-retrogression-priority-dates-and-visa-bulletins/18669-threats-from-employer.html)

dba9ioracle 04-25-2008 12:50 PM

Employers

Most of the desi employers in this country have gone thru the same H1B and GC process and got all bad experience. BUT when they start their own company, MOST OF THEM (NOT ALL OF THEM) do the same..... Employer should treat employees, the same way they are expecting to be treated as an employee.. In a long run, Employers with good ethics and practices makes more money and reputation.. The releationship goes longer only if employer and employee both benefits from it.. Isn't it simple to understand and put it into the practice ?

kg318 04-25-2008 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NKR (Post 242756)
Dude, I do not know who has given you red dot, you certainly deserve more green dots.

hey till now i haven't noticed about this reddot until u said. who gives it and how???? i dont have any idea as i am new to this foum.. and how can anyone give points for reputation.

NKR 04-25-2008 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kg318 (Post 242811)
hey till now i haven't noticed about this reddot until u said. who gives it and how???? i dont have any idea as i am new to this foum.. and how can anyone give points for reputation.

I do not know how to give red dots since I do not give any. To give green you have to click on the icon above the post for which you are giving a green dot. I just gave you one.

kg318 04-25-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NKR (Post 242820)
I do not know how to give red dots since I do not give any. To give green you have to click on the icon above the post for which you are giving a green dot. I just gave you one.

Thanks a lot man.

gcbikari 04-25-2008 02:50 PM

[quote=kg318;242627]
Quote:

Originally Posted by gcbikari (Post 242385)
Did you ask Attorney what happens if your employer still choose to Sue you? My friend's attorney told most of cases will be settled, but we might loose money up to 10K. Is it woth it doing? Also if we choose to fight, we might have to attend hearing (may be in different state based on your agreement). I am an employee too, and with you on this. I'd say if attorney guarentees he'll win our case we can go ahead.[/QUOTE

as per the attorney, the case history of employers who won using non competes in the court are very rare unless the law suit is agiainst key personnel and court gets convinced by the legitemate business interest. If the employer still chooses to fight, he has got more to loose than me because of non payments of wages also being involved here. since non compete has been used just to escape the wages, courts wil be more hard on the employer and will consider it as threat rather than genuine.

Thats good news. I think the attorney I met represents more of employers and so very reluctant on mine. I believe I still have hopes, I will look for a good attorney again to get mine reviewed.

pd_recapturing 04-25-2008 04:41 PM

I was just wondering that how come only desi employers are branded as "blood sucking manicas" etc etc ..? Doesn't there exist same kind of breed from other nationalities ? if not, then question is why we desis are like that ? any idea ?

MightyIndian 04-25-2008 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pd_recapturing (Post 242896)
I was just wondering that how come only desi employers are branded as "blood sucking manicas" etc etc ..? Doesn't there exist same kind of breed from other nationalities ? if not, then question is why we desis are like that ? any idea ?

All the desi employers I ran into or my friends ran into turned out to be blood suckers. before that I was employed by an american company for 6 years and I had no complaint whatsoever.

I think most of us desis consider other desis to be inferior and treat them so.

kshitijnt 04-25-2008 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyIndian (Post 242938)
All the desi employers I ran into or my friends ran into turned out to be blood suckers. before that I was employed by an american company for 6 years and I had no complaint whatsoever.

I think most of us desis consider other desis to be inferior and treat them so.

Atleast your DESI employers start GC early maybe after 6 months. Most american employers dont even start GC until you are in 5th year of H1. Employers are employers, they dont come with nationalities on their forehead. There are so many american companies who have filed bankruptcy when a large payment was pending and your desi employer attempted to recover it.

NKR 04-25-2008 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kshitijnt (Post 242994)
Atleast your DESI employers start GC early maybe after 6 months. Most american employers dont even start GC until you are in 5th year of H1. Employers are employers, they dont come with nationalities on their forehead. There are so many american companies who have filed bankruptcy when a large payment was pending and your desi employer attempted to recover it.

Yes, he will recover it and say that he never got paid so he can keep all that to himself.

cool_desi_gc 04-26-2008 10:29 AM

Clause and Lessons learnt

Lets not get sucked into it..

1) If there is a clause that you cannot join thier client directly, then it has to respected.These clauses are valid in court.

2) What is there in the agreement if you join their client ? There should be a penality specified in the agreement if the clause in broken.

Lessons learnt

1) Why the hell did you sign the agreement without looking at these clauses ?

2) Why din't you have a copy of the agreement with you ?

I have seen many companies having a similar clause.There are some American companies as well that have similar clauses that you cannot join their clients within X months after employement termination.Generally you can work these things out with your employer and join the client if you leave with good terms.

But he cannot withhold your salary regardless.Thats against the law.They can penalize you but cannot withhold your salary.