Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2008, 09:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/16/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
hcard will become famous soon enough
Default House Considers Green Card Recapture Bill

House Immigration Subcommittee Chair Zoe Lofgren (D-CA) and Former House Judiciary Committee Chair James Sensenbrenner (R-WI) have co-sponsored HR 5882, a bill that would recapture wasted green cards for the past 15 years. The bill also provides for the automatic recapturing of unused numbers in the future. The bill is a great first start to dealing with the inadequate number of green cards for skilled and professional workers in the US. The fact that James Sensenbrenner, long associated with restrictionist immigration bills, is a co-sponsor is an indication the bill has broad support.

http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/200...considers.html
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
Dipika is a splendid one to behold Dipika is a splendid one to behold Dipika is a splendid one to behold Dipika is a splendid one to behold Dipika is a splendid one to behold Dipika is a splendid one to behold Dipika is a splendid one to behold
Default Great New!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcard View Post
House Immigration Subcommittee Chair Zoe Lofgren (D-CA) and Former House Judiciary Committee Chair James Sensenbrenner (R-WI) have co-sponsored HR 5882, a bill that would recapture wasted green cards for the past 15 years. The bill also provides for the automatic recapturing of unused numbers in the future. The bill is a great first start to dealing with the inadequate number of green cards for skilled and professional workers in the US. The fact that James Sensenbrenner, long associated with restrictionist immigration bills, is a co-sponsor is an indication the bill has broad support.

Finally we are getting fruits of our efforts. Thanks IV! keep it up
EAD/AP rec Oct 11 2007
H1B ext till Aug 2010.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you. Even small contributions are highly appreciated.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 05-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
r2i2009 is infamous around these parts r2i2009 is infamous around these parts r2i2009 is infamous around these parts r2i2009 is infamous around these parts r2i2009 is infamous around these parts r2i2009 is infamous around these parts r2i2009 is infamous around these parts r2i2009 is infamous around these parts r2i2009 is infamous around these parts r2i2009 is infamous around these parts

Good news...
Let us get GC and move to the next step....Citizenship....another trap for 5 years....

Good move for Lawyers...more money....Hurrah!!!!

Old 05-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of

one more news..one more bill...one more thread
5882, 5585, 5655, 0256, 0155, 0000, 4561, 6442, 0014,............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......................................

i have seen bills with all permutaion and combination of four digit numbers in the last four years, since i have joined isnamerica.org and then IV

Old 05-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
uma78 is a jewel in the rough uma78 is a jewel in the rough uma78 is a jewel in the rough uma78 is a jewel in the rough
Default sorry for my ignorant question

guys,

does this mean the bill is passed? what is the next step?

Thank you in advance.

Uma

Old 05-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is it the second stage in the process?

Is it the second stage in the process for the bill to become a law?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcard View Post

Old 05-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
uma78 is a jewel in the rough uma78 is a jewel in the rough uma78 is a jewel in the rough uma78 is a jewel in the rough
Default thank you

does anyone know the links to explaining process from here on to this bill

thank you

Uma

Old 05-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ak_2006 is a glorious beacon of light ak_2006 is a glorious beacon of light ak_2006 is a glorious beacon of light ak_2006 is a glorious beacon of light ak_2006 is a glorious beacon of light
Default If this Happens

If HR 5921 (Country Quota elimination) and HR 5882 (Visa # recapture) through....It would be good to many (almost all) of our IV members/GC aspirants.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2007
Compare
maverick_joe will become famous soon enough maverick_joe will become famous soon enough

I hope so too...can someone explain the process please?
step 1. Discuss @ the committe of the judiciary.
step 2.
step n.Sign into law?

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1techSlave View Post
Is it the second stage in the process for the bill to become a law?

Old 05-02-2008, 12:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light

In this world of cyber info and GOOGLE...these questions can be answered by self...

Just google -

Here is the link for the still lazy folks -http://thomas.loc.gov/home/laws_made.html

Old 05-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/16/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
hcard will become famous soon enough

Sponsor: Rep. Zoe Lofgren [D-CA]show cosponsors (1)
Cosponsors [as of 2008-04-24]
Rep. James Sensenbrenner [R-WI]

Scheduled for Debate -
Voted on in House -
Voted on in Senate -
Signed by President -

Last Action: Apr 23, 2008: Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-5882

Old 05-02-2008, 12:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonty_11 View Post
In this world of cyber info and GOOGLE...these questions can be answered by self...

Just google -

Here is the link for the still lazy folks -http://thomas.loc.gov/home/laws_made.html
and more -
http://www.votesmart.org/resource_govt101_02.php

Old 05-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by uma78 View Post
does anyone know the links to explaining process from here on to this bill

thank you

Uma
house needs to pass it, then give it to senate. It needs to pass there also (last year the Comprehensive Immigration Reform started in Senate and died right there). If whats passed in senate is not exactly same as what was passed in the house (ie. they add/delete stuff as its debated) then it goes to a committee where they reconcile everything. Once that is ok, it goes to the president for voting. the president can sign it or veto it and ask for changes. For something like this he will typically sign. So its upto the house and the senate... we are in the very first stage right now and there is a long way to go....

Old 05-02-2008, 01:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridiani.planum View Post
house needs to pass it, then give it to senate. It needs to pass there also (last year the Comprehensive Immigration Reform started in Senate and died right there). If whats passed in senate is not exactly same as what was passed in the house (ie. they add/delete stuff as its debated) then it goes to a committee where they reconcile everything. Once that is ok, it goes to the president for voting. the president can sign it or veto it and ask for changes. For something like this he will typically sign. So its upto the house and the senate... we are in the very first stage right now and there is a long way to go....
And in my opinion, due to great lobbying by IV and other proponents, these Bills are being considered in the House..at least introduced. While I think it is very very difficult for these to see any traction atall (This is an election yr - c'mon), it will serve as a great eyeopener and awareness campaign for the law makers, and will bear fruit once teh election dust settles. The only issue then is that we will again by tagged together with the Undocumented Folks...so there a catch 22.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Compare
InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future

Well, if this get's Bush's autograph on it, we will see significant forward movements (possibly current) in the visa bulletins starting only in October this year (The effective date of enactment for this bill).