Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2008, 11:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2008
Compare
kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default EB1C - manager or executive

Hi - I recently inquired at my company to file for EB1C preference category. However I joined this company in US and do not have abroad experience with this company. This was quoted as a reason I did not qualify for this preference. Are their any waivers available for this?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2008, 03:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshitijnt View Post
Hi - I recently inquired at my company to file for EB1C preference category. However I joined this company in US and do not have abroad experience with this company. This was quoted as a reason I did not qualify for this preference. Are their any waivers available for this?
They must be referring to:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD
Some executives and managers of foreign companies who are transferred to the U.S. may qualify. A multinational manager or executive is eligible for priority worker status if he or she has been employed outside the U.S. in the three years preceding the petition for at least one year by a firm or corporation and seeks to enter the U.S to continue service to that firm or organization. The employment must have been outside the United States in a managerial or executive capacity and with the same employer, an affiliate, or a subsidiary of the employer.

According to one article at Murthy.com the 1 year abroad cannot be waived:
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_canibe.html
It is not something that is available for a person who did not work for an entity connected to the U.S. employer before entering the United States.

Since your June 2005 I-140 is approved, did you recapture that PD when you filed your LC again in 2007?

Old 05-07-2008, 03:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2008
Compare
kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridiani.planum View Post
They must be referring to:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD
Some executives and managers of foreign companies who are transferred to the U.S. may qualify. A multinational manager or executive is eligible for priority worker status if he or she has been employed outside the U.S. in the three years preceding the petition for at least one year by a firm or corporation and seeks to enter the U.S to continue service to that firm or organization. The employment must have been outside the United States in a managerial or executive capacity and with the same employer, an affiliate, or a subsidiary of the employer.

According to one article at Murthy.com the 1 year abroad cannot be waived:
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_canibe.html
It is not something that is available for a person who did not work for an entity connected to the U.S. employer before entering the United States.

Since your June 2005 I-140 is approved, did you recapture that PD when you filed your LC again in 2007?
My company says that they have recaptured it. But who knows until I see the I-140